Melissa Huckaby pleads guilty to killing Sandra

Here's an article from today's Contra Costa Times with a good summary of the case against Huckaby:

http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_15334742

excerpt:
In a plea deal, Huckaby took life in prison without parole. No death penalty, and no sex charges that could mean the end of contact with her daughter. At her sentencing, she apologized to Sandra's family and said she did not understand why she murdered.

Prosecutor Thomas Testa doesn't buy it. A piece of him wishes there had been a trial to tease out her motivation.

"She's a smart person," he said. "She writes well. She speaks well. She's in full possession of her faculties."

Here's an article from today's Contra Costa Times with a good summary of the case against Huckaby:

http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_15334742

excerpt:
In a plea deal, Huckaby took life in prison without parole. No death penalty, and no sex charges that could mean the end of contact with her daughter. At her sentencing, she apologized to Sandra's family and said she did not understand why she murdered.

Prosecutor Thomas Testa doesn't buy it. A piece of him wishes there had been a trial to tease out her motivation.

"She's a smart person," he said. "She writes well. She speaks well. She's in full possession of her faculties."

He was one of the few that could have fufilled that wish. I wonder how much Sandra's family wanted the plea deal....I suspect a lot. JMO

What if, she was "offering up" these other girls so that this other person would not harm her own daughter, and this is the reason she isn't producing this other person, because she is afraid of what might happen to her daughter?
Food for thought
Snipped respectfully for space by me.
I think this hideous beast did every bit of what she did to poor little Sandra, alone, with not an ounce of help. Her history of lying, playing the victim, harming herself, drugging others, one, her boyfriend, possibly for revenge because he said something she did not like, accusing innocent people of heinous things, etc., and the fact that Sandra was found to have been violated by a rolling pin, not a sexual organ, point to, IMO, a sick female perpetrator who desperately wanted attention, wanted drama and who wanted to hurt others to satisfy her own feelings of inadequacy and being ignored.
She is a gross beast that I cannot bear to look at. My friend went to high school with her and thought there was something wrong with her then. When I tried to show her the last photo of the beast, she recoiled in disgust, refusing to look. She thinks she is a perverted sicko and so do I.
I think this pig did many things to other people - stole from them, committed arson, drugged people, tried to accuse them of rape, domestic violence, whatever, cut on herself, made suicide attempts, swallowed razor blades, made false pregnancy claims and likely was making her own little kid sick, all in a sick bid for attention, revenge and drama.
My guess is she was so strictly controlled and criticized as a child, possibly molested and/or physically abused as well, that she went "off". But do I pity her? Hell no. Everything she did in the months before and the days after she killed little Sandra, show a manipulating, cunning pure evil. She knew exactly what she was doing and she did it all on her own. IMO.

Where are you finding Omalu's testimony? I read all the PDF links to the GJ testimony and never saw it. Can you link me and direct me to a page number? Thank you.

It took me forever to find it. I can't remember the exact page number but I believe it's in the 300's. Hope this helps!

ETA: Ok I just looked again and it starts on p.293

It took me forever to find it. I can't remember the exact page number but I believe it's in the 300's. Hope this helps!

ETA: Ok I just looked again and it starts on p.293

I just deleted my post because I found it. One of the links, I think channel 10, has several pages missing from the pdfs. One link is complete.
I did not think I could be angrier but reading his testimony, I feel sick.

And just to say one more thing-did anyone else catch the parts of Dr. Omalu's testimony where he talks about carrying Sandra for a moment after he took her out of the suitcase and before he put her on the other gurney? It comes out in two parts...how he talks about easily carrying her around the room...and I bet the sadness and outrage was evident in his voice when he kept "coaching" the prosecutor on how adult perps deny their crimes against children by calling them "accidents."

I am about 3/4 the way through the entire PDF. I had to stop and take a break.

Yes I was touched by how he related that part of his testimony. How he was able to scoop her up and easily carry her.

I was impressed with this man. Although he had to describe the autopsy in clinical terms, and I didn't see his face or hear his voice, I inferred a tenderness in reading his words towards Sandra. JMHO.

He made sure that while answering Mr. Testa's questions he related exactly how horrifically painful these injuries would have been for Sandra and her death equally painful. He made sure that the seated Grand Jury knew of the agony in her death. She had agonal responses which indicated she suffered mightily.

I thank him and Mr. Testa for speaking for Sandra.

I just deleted my post because I found it. One of the links, I think channel 10, has several pages missing from the pdfs. One link is complete.
I did not think I could be angrier but reading his testimony, I feel sick.

I felt the same way. That's why I didn't even post after I read his testimony....just very incomprehensible. MH is truly a sick, evil person......

I think this hideous beast did every bit of what she did to poor little Sandra, alone, with not an ounce of help. Her history of lying, playing the victim, harming herself, drugging others, one, her boyfriend, possibly for revenge because he said something she did not like, accusing innocent people of heinous things, etc., and the fact that Sandra was found to have been violated by a rolling pin, not a sexual organ, point to, IMO, a sick female perpetrator who desperately wanted attention, wanted drama and who wanted to hurt others to satisfy her own feelings of inadequacy and being ignored.

(bolded by me)

Grand Jury testimony showed Huckaby repeatedly sought attention during search for Sandra Cantu:

http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_15330332?source=most_viewed&nclick_check=1

Snipped respectfully for space by me.
She is a gross beast that I cannot bear to look at. My friend went to high school with her and thought there was something wrong with her then. When I tried to show her the last photo of the beast, she recoiled in disgust, refusing to look. She thinks she is a perverted sicko and so do I.
I think this pig did many things to other people - stole from them, committed arson, drugged people, tried to accuse them of rape, domestic violence, whatever, cut on herself, made suicide attempts, swallowed razor blades, made false pregnancy claims and likely was making her own little kid sick, all in a sick bid for attention, revenge and drama.
My guess is she was so strictly controlled and criticized as a child, possibly molested and/or physically abused as well, that she went "off". But do I pity her? Hell no. Everything she did in the months before and the days after she killed little Sandra, show a manipulating, cunning pure evil. She knew exactly what she was doing and she did it all on her own. IMO.

That's a good point. :thumb:

Okay. Trying to read the grand jury stuff, although it is hard to read. I think the only way Sandra may have not "suffered" was that she was too drugged at the time to feel anything. Some people are very sensitive to that class of drugs and they put them into a coma-like sleep. (I'm one of them.) I still think there was a sexual motive here. The first girl was probably an intended victim, but since the mother went looking for her soon after I don't think it got to anything invasive. I know that those drugs are often used in child *advertiser censored* to make sexual acts seem more willing or natural. with Sandra she was, for lack of a better term, so thrilled with what she was doing she strangled her on a sexual high. At first I thought she simply lied when she said she was not guilty of sexual assault, but now I wonder if she just doesn't see what she did as sexual assault.

The scary thing is that if Huckaby hadn't called attention to herself so many times she might still be free. Every single post here before she was arrested (almost every post, at least) presumes that if she was abducted and killed in a sexual assault it was a man.

She wanted the attention I think-all of it. Because of the note, the proximity, the suitcase, the place she assaulted her...I am firm in the belief that Huckaby's own daughter was in danger. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back