CA - 4 Family Members Kidnapped From Business, Merced County, Oct 2022 *arrest*

I wonder if he may have picked someone else up in those six minutes realizing he needed help with four people, the pick up was already planned, or for some other unknown reason. Just a thought. IMO. I also said I’d quit reading here after learning about the baby and now learning this, I really wish I had. Pure evil. Prayers for this family to somehow get through this.
I keep coming back to this too. What happened in those 6 minutes before he came back. The thought crossed my mind that he went to pick up an accomplice who stayed in the back with the brothers while he went in for the mother and baby. After watching the abduction again, I noticed that when he took out the brothers, the trailer door was left open. When he returned, it was closed. Maybe the wind or maybe the mother closed it. Wondering if she had been warned that if she called the police he would kill the men. Or if she was somehow restrained inside the trailer during those 6 minutes. It is just so heartbreaking. I waited on pins and needles, hoping they would be found alive, and then this.

Since the sheriff has far more information than we do, I'm tempted to believe him and wait for more of the story. But if this is just about a disgruntled employee, that seems hard to believe. Who asks a friend to help them kill the boss who fired them? [No answers please!]
Good point regarding the odds of somebody agreeing to help a friend murder an ex-boss (essentially zero)

In the end, this could have been a "rolling" or "amalgating" type crime. Perhaps:

- Dimwitted lead perpetrator enlists an equally dimwitted accomplice for a robbery. Informs the accomplice that the victims are wealthy and carry cash. For both men, "business owner" and "wealthy" are synonyms. Likewise, both men equate "wealth" with carrying massive bands o' cash and wearing "raging" bling jewelry 24/7/365.

- Accomplice agrees to participate in a robbery. The lead perpetrator is stewing with negative emotions: rage at the past firing, a desire for cash, a need to impress the accomplice etc. The victims ethnicity only aggravates the situation.

- Hare brained robbery initiated. But.... the anticipated massive bands o' cash and raging bling of the music video world are not present in reality. Rather, there is evidence of hard work and relative modesty.

- The crime escalates to kidnapping / ATM withdrawals that fizzle. The lead perpetrator is now in a killing rage. No cash, slipping reputation, and having increasingly violent revenge fantasies. The "treacherous" ethnicity of the victims is getting more thought.

- Are the bling 'n cash are at their homes? May be go there? Perhaps the the victims could be held hostage until its delivered? Are the perps really prepared to move to what, Plan C? In either case, the victims will go to the police-right?

- At this point, the accomplice, sensing that the crime is escalating towards a horrific end, bails out. Left alone, the lead perpetrator then murders an entire family?

Last edited:
This was personal, targeted and premeditated.

This wasn’t about robbing them. It was about settling a score. He came there to kill them first and foremost. The money was secondary.

I’m wondering if he wasn’t expecting the mother and baby to be there so it threw him for a loop. I agree that he went back to get them them as an afterthought. He didn’t want any witnesses.

As for the baby…he could have dropped her anywhere and spared her life. To leave that poor child to die is worse than putting a bullet in her head.

There isn’t enough punishment available that will serve justice for this family.

He is pure evil.
Agreed.
So my constant question is - how did he think he could get away with it? How does any criminal think they can get away with it?
Was he so delusional to think that would not be caught or identified?
Or perhaps his rage was such that he didn’t care what the consequences were?
Or his rage was such that he didn’t care to live after he killed them, hence the suicide attempt.

Evidently any potential deterrents, moral or threat of punitive measures, had no effect on preventing this crime. Unless he just thought he would either get away with it or kill himself.

I am always interested to know these things to figure out how we can help reduce their frequency.

He was fired 2 years ago as per this article …. I believe it was only the premises that was new ….

Also this in the same article

Sheriff Vernon H. Warnke did say he believes there might be a second person who was involved in the kidnapping and killings, but investigators are still collecting evidence.

"If that person is watching, might as well turn yourself in," Warnke said. "Our detectives are like bulldogs. They’re not going to give up. Once we find or determine that there was in fact a second person, they're going to go after and go after hard."
from link - "Salgado was a parolee, having been sentenced to 11 years for robbery and attempted false imprisonment, the sheriff's office said."

i dont think that can be accurate, he was paroled in 2015 so he would discharge in 2018. the tail is usually only 3 years.

A second arrest!

Alberto Salgado, the suspect's brother, has been arrested and is facing a variety of charges. The charges include Criminal Conspiracy, Accessory, and Destroying Evidence.

New Police Update ….

This evening, Jesus Manuel Salgado, the suspect in the kidnapping and murder of Aroohi Dheri, Jasleen Kaur, Jasdeep Singh, and Amandeep Singh, was booked into the Merced County Jail. He was arrested for four counts of murder and four counts of kidnapping. Our Detectives, alongside investigators from assisting agencies, will continue to follow up on any leads of additional people who may have been involved in this horrific incident.

ok so he did not shoot himself in the head.... wonder how he tried it

A source close to the investigation told KTVU that the two brothers were killed with a machete. The source said Kaur was then shot as she held her baby girl in her arms. The baby was then left to die.

Sheriff's officials said they believed the family was killed before their relatives reported them missing Monday.

utter savagery!!!!!

I don't think Jasleen endured anything but fear. He shot her before her child. I am 90% convinced we will learn soon that it was to the back of the head. SAK kit will be negative. His beef was with the guys.
I didn't have the information you refer to when I made that post.

Has it been confirmed he shot Aroohi? I thought it was stated she died of exposure {painful to state}.

@Knox also said in Post #661

I'll look to see if they is an ATM nearby, maybe that's a possibility? Seems super risky, but they were very compliant?

You could be correct about the ATM if there is one within 6mins return trip???

A possibility is that he went back for the Mum and Bub when he didn’t get what he wanted from the first ATM ???? Or to get her ATM Card??

There were two bank transactions from the family's accounts, the sheriff said.

Speculation only … except for the article link …
Thank you for bringing that information forward. It could make sense of the six minute trip.
Sorry, if this has been discussed already, I'm just catching up today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back