Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she didn't know, then she had to assume it. And why so? After all, RG was the local drug dealer!

You believe AK entered into a conspiracy to rape and murder with RG and RS. You've made the assumption that RG's print and DNA were untraceable the linchpin of AK's "master plan."

And yet you insist she couldn't hold a simple conversation with either one of them!

This may be the most preposterous murder theory ever concocted! It's beginning to make Mignini's theory of 20 different murderers taking turns as the Monster of Florence sound sensible by comparison.

On this I simply have to agree!!! The ship is sinking I am just uncertain whether it will be this appeal in which it totally sinks

I know Salem you must soooooooooooo be wishing for this to be over :giggle:

Regarding the keys - do we know for sure that no one else had a key to MK room? I thought MK and Filomena were close, and it is possible that Filomena had a key to M's room. I also thought that there was tension between Filomena and AK - remember in the movie how quick Filomena was to cast suspicion toward AK by saying MK never locked her room...
I say this not because I think Filomena killed MK, but I do think AK was an easy target for all to point to.

I dont recall any testimony stating whether anyone did thus I have assumed that no one had keys for the various rooms

On a different note though as i have rental properties, I must for legal reasons have keys to all locks at all times so maybe the landlord that owned the property did

I clearly showed that he is not a cellmate but a prison mate. Nice try though.

These are 2 different people. You are aware right that there were 2 different statements for the appeal. One filed IIRC in RS appeal and one filed in AK's appeal

Filomina's bedroom was not locked. The only bedroom that was locked was Meredith's bedroom, and it was not normally locked. Amanda said that it was, but Filomina disagreed and insisted that police break down the door. I understand that you're reading all sorts of blogs about the case, but may I recommend that you read Barbie Nadeau's book and Candace Dempsey's book. Both get some small details wrong, but between the two books, you should have the complete story. After that, you can read the translated court documents for detailed information. I think it may be a better use of time in terms of getting the facts of the case.

I think there is a bit of dispute on what exactly was said with respect to the exact wording which was stated with respect to Merediths door being locked. I know that a leap was taken in the Motivational Report regarding this but there are many conflicting reports as to actually was said and IIRC it had to do with the translation between English and Italian

These are 2 different people. You are aware right that there were 2 different statements for the appeal. One filed IIRC in RS appeal and one filed in AK's appeal
Neither of them are RG's cellmate which is what you claimed.

I dont know about others but I find this locked door to be a bit of a red herring. I know how often I return home from a day at the office with my briefcase and various work documents thus my hands are full yet I am still able to unlock my deadbolt.

The other part of this is that there is nothing in MK's room to suggest that AK or RS were in that room so I would think the person whom has been identified to be in that room probably had the most to gain from locking it

To my knowledge FR's room was not locked but the door was closed when both AK and RS returned. It was then opened by them.

Considering that we now know that it was a very windy night I know how often my doors slam shut when I leave my windows open

What do you mean in suggesting that Meredith's bedroom door, locked with a key from the outside after the murder, is a red herring. It's a rather significant point. In terms of footprints, the only print facing the door that would correspond to locking the door is Amanda's print. Rudy's prints head straight out the front door ... no stopping in the bathroom, hall, Filomina's room or anywhere else. To argue the lone wolf theory, we should see Rudy's prints stop and turn in order to lock the bedroom door. There is no evidence that this happened.

I think there is a bit of dispute on what exactly was said with respect to the exact wording which was stated with respect to Merediths door being locked. I know that a leap was taken in the Motivational Report regarding this but there are many conflicting reports as to actually was said and IIRC it had to do with the translation between English and Italian

There was no leap. Amanda said that Meredith often locked her bedroom door, Filomina said that was not true. Amanda suggested it was normal, Filomina insisted police break down the door. Police were reluctant to take responsibility for breaking down the door, so Filomina accepted full responsibility.

Amanda claimed she was so panicked about the door that she and Raffaele tried to break it down. They cracked the door, and then stopped. After police arrived, they were no longer panicked. As Sherlockh posted earlier, it's all clearly explained in the Motivation Report. Several witnesses were present when Amanda said there was no need to worry about the locked bedroom door.

This is another one of those unfavorable facts for Amanda ... and one that needs to be swept under the carpet in order to argue that she is a victim ... just another inconvenient fact for the convicted murderer.

What do you mean in suggesting that Meredith's bedroom door, locked with a key from the outside after the murder, is a red herring. It's a rather significant point. In terms of footprints, the only print facing the door that would correspond to locking the door is Amanda's print. Rudy's prints head straight out the front door ... no stopping in the bathroom, hall, Filomina's room or anywhere else. To argue the lone wolf theory, we should see Rudy's prints stop and turn in order to lock the bedroom door. There is no evidence that this happened.

Really? Dang I wonder how I have managed all these years to unlock or lock my door from various angles even with my hands full of papers, briefcases etc.

I think the most important part to the lone wolf theory is whose DNA is in that room. We know there was no clean up even though many have tried to state this and failed miserably at proving it

There was no leap. Amanda said that Meredith often locked her bedroom door, Filomina said that was not true. Amanda suggested it was normal, Filomina insisted police break down the door. Police were reluctant to take responsibility for breaking down the door, so Filomina accepted full responsibility.

Amanda claimed she was so panicked about the door that she and Raffaele tried to break it down. They cracked the door, and then stopped. After police arrived, they were no longer panicked. As Sherlockh posted earlier, it's all clearly explained in the Motivation Report. Several witnesses were present when Amanda said there was no need to worry about the locked bedroom door.

This is another one of those unfavorable facts for Amanda ... and one that needs to be swept under the carpet in order to argue that she is a victim ... just another inconvenient fact for the convicted murderer.

I must also ask myself how much interaction there was between the 2 girls. There appears that there was more interaction ( I am thinking since they both were in a different country and both spoke English) between AK and MK. We know they went to a classical concert, the Chocolate Festival etc but I do not read of what FR and MK did together thus I believe there to be a very good argument with respect as to whom knew MK the best

I can as I have looked at the pictures and formulated opinions just like many others have including yourself

There simply was not enough storage area for all the stuff I saw in that room. As well we do know that Filomena went into that room and indeed moved things around.

ETA She also went back into the cottage to retrieve her laptop

And in addition to what Allusonz said, look at the nighstand and table. A burgler doesn't pull out tubes of hand lotion and set them upright on the table. The table clutter is not ransack related and it shows that she was not quite the neat nik she's portraying. I'm messy like that; my best friend is a neat FREAK; Filomena is on the messy side but hey, when you're young you can totally think that your room in neat and maybe it is compared to others.

Really? Dang I wonder how I have managed all these years to unlock or lock my door from various angles even with my hands full of papers, briefcases etc.

I think the most important part to the lone wolf theory is whose DNA is in that room. We know there was no clean up even though many have tried to state this and failed miserably at proving it

So we should ignore the footprint evidence because it doesn't fit with the lone wolf theory?

As you very well know that although I appreciate the Motivation Report, there was alot of picking and choosing what testimony was selected to support conclusions. That does not mean that these conclusions were the best conclusions extracted from the testimony

So we should ignore the footprint evidence because it doesn't fit with the lone wolf theory?

Since they did not forensically analyze this crime scene properly I would be extremely leary. The very first thing that jumped out at me was the fact that they did not get any roommate footprints for comparisons.

I must also ask myself how much interaction there was between the 2 girls. There appears that there was more interaction ( I am thinking since they both were in a different country and both spoke English) between AK and MK. We know they went to a classical concert, the Chocolate Festival etc but I do not read of what FR and MK did together thus I believe there to be a very good argument with respect as to whom knew MK the best

Amanda and Meredith both spoke English and that's where the similarity ends. Amanda was there for a semester, Meredith was an Erasmus student. They attended different schools, had different friends, had different values ... Meredith was British and familiar with European customs, Amanda was having a great time experimenting with drinking and drugs and was completely unfamiliar with European customs. They were not in the same league.

As you very well know that although I appreciate the Motivation Report, there was alot of picking and choosing what testimony was selected to support conclusions. That does not mean that these conclusions were the best conclusions extracted from the testimony

The judge was required to provide a summary of the reasoning that resulted in the conviction. I'm not sure what sort of picking and choosing you think he did, but I'm pretty sure his only objective was to explain the reasoning for the verdict ... no more, no less.

Since they did not forensically analyze this crime scene properly I would be extremely leary. The very first thing that jumped out at me was the fact that they did not get any roommate footprints for comparisons.

I think it's rather significant that Amanda's room was untouched. All this talk about Rudy breaking in to steal rent money ... was Amanda's rent money no good?

Laura and Filomina had alibis and were automatically excluded as having contributed to the evidence that was revealed with luminol (evidence that had been cleaned up).

I think it's rather significant that Amanda's room was untouched. All this talk about Rudy breaking in to steal rent money ... was Amanda's rent money no good?

Laura and Filomina had alibis and were automatically excluded as having contributed to the evidence that was revealed with luminol (evidence that had been cleaned up).

So was Laura's not sure what that is to prove. Filomena is the one that collected the rent. Her room would also be the one less likely to be seen from the road

The judge was required to provide a summary of the reasoning that resulted in the conviction. I'm not sure what sort of picking and choosing you think he did, but I'm pretty sure his only objective was to explain the reasoning for the verdict ... no more, no less.

And it was done very selectively as has been pointed out by numerous experts let alone others. Like I have stated before it either has to be the most inept report for all of its' mistakes or the most brilliant to allow for an overturn of conviction on appeal

I think it's highly suspicious that Amanda's room was not ransacked ... not one computer key touched, but the lamp from her bedroom was locked inside Meredith's bedroom. What sort of strange burglar borrows a lamp and respectfully leaves everything untouched. What kind of funny burglar needs to borrow a lamp in the first place?

Please don't start with the story about them all being college kids who borrowed everything from clothes to furniture without permission. There has been absolutely no testimony to support this story. That cannot be said about the women that rented rooms in the cottage.

Amanda and Meredith both spoke English and that's where the similarity ends. Amanda was there for a semester, Meredith was an Erasmus student. They attended different schools, had different friends, had different values ... Meredith was British and familiar with European customs, Amanda was having a great time experimenting with drinking and drugs and was completely unfamiliar with European customs. They were not in the same league.

Again we go into the character of AK. No matter how much I have tried to refrain from stating anyting negative with respect to MK she did drugs, she was active sexually, the were both very good students, they both worked hard to get to perugia and the list is long and varied. I think I will leave it at that for the moment as a person that was killed and raped should not have to have this stuff spoke about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member