Meredith Kercher murdered - Amanda Knox convicted, now appeals #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
She did QUITE a bit more than 'just mention his name'... don't ya think?

She said she met him, he was there in the cottage, he hurt Meredith, she heard a scream, he was bad, she was scared of him. Probable cause if there ever was IMO.

And don't you mean 'RS' instead of RG there?

Actually, no. No, I don't think she did much beyond mentioning his name. And even that she qualified by insisting her memory should not be trusted. AK's statements re PL are noticeably lacking in detail, particularly any detail beyond what ILE already suspected; this is a very likely sign that she wasn't telling the truth.

No, I meant Patrick Lumumba rather than Rudy Guede, because at that point, it was ILE's theory that PL and AK met and somehow collaborated on the crime. Thank you for the correction.

Why not now... straighten out those lies???? Both AK in court during her statements, and RS (though he REFUSED to testify) could have set the record straight in every instance of lying. Why would they not?????

Well really it is the only a reaction to how the evidence (in every instance) is argued to be false, contaminated, planted, lied about, coerced, etc. How could it be so in every instance? And why is there soooo much/many? So not really disingenuous IMO.

Pressure in questioning is absolutely necessary! There is no evidence of anything above that being used in this case.

Telling lies in a murder investigation is foolish, and to continue to do so is just piling on the misery. How much different would everything be if they just admitted that they made terrible mistakes in judgement? As it is now, IMO AK can not admit to anything... her family has invested so much in trying to show/prove/wiggle her not guilty. With RS IMO it is different... I believe his family 'knows' he had something to do with it but will not permit his admittance. His father made the 'make water run uphill' statement and his sister IIRC has been fired from LE for trying to influence politicians in regards to the case by getting investigators removed. In RG's regard, he has possibly got the best outcome of all by taking the fast track trial benefits... I really don't expect him to 'admit' anything either. That's just my opinion though.

I agree: lying to the police is foolish. Shut up and call a lawyer. Yet thousands of people get themselves in trouble by trying to explain their way out of a jam. And we have ample proof that many of those thousands are actually innocent.

What lies did AK fail to clear up to your satisfaction during trial testimony? And how do you know they were lies?

Have you heard or read the transcript of her testimony? What did she clear up regarding anything? I really wish she could have been put under 'harsh' cross by the prosecution (which is not allowed there) instead of just being able to make statements in court... that surely would have cleared up some things.

Have you heard or read the transcript of her testimony? What did she clear up regarding anything? I really wish she could have been put under 'harsh' cross by the prosecution (which is not allowed there) instead of just being able to make statements in court... that surely would have cleared up some things.

I have read the transcript or at least much of AK's testimony. But I don't agree that every statement with which you or I disagree is a "lie."

I recognize that you think AK is guilty, therefore everything she says must be a lie.

But I was looking for lies that we can actually confirm as untrue, as opposed to everything that contradicts the prosecution's "theory."

No need to be sarcastic IMO.

And just to let you know: I have a big calender on my desk at work, one on a table in my garage, and also keep a smaller one in my vehicle. I keep up with appointments, birthdays, my daughter's tennis matches, co-worker vacations, etc... but it may only be some ocd-related 'thing' I have. Probably not exactly 'normal' for a 46 year old guy anyway... much less some 20yr olds. Although I did keep up with my stuff while in school with my own calender type notes. :loser:

Congratulations to you for being so organized! I envy that and I don't think it means you have OCD.

But you must know that most of us aren't that precise.

(ETA I wasn't being sarcastic. I was being facetious, but to make a point. None of us believes Filomena was involved in the murder of MK. But if we apply the same standards of strict truthfulness, then Filomena can be made to look just as guilty.)

Current News:

This ruling (see below) does not bode well for Raffaele Sollecito. With the final ruling in Guede's case being that he did not act alone, it will now be very difficult for Raffaele to argue that he was not involved. There is a very slim chance that Raffaele can get out from underneath the bra clasp DNA, and maybe he can get out from under the knife lies, but otherwise he has a pretty big problem. The third convicted murderer of Meredith, the Seattle woman, has even less chance of wiggling out from underneath the murder conviction since she has the lies, crazy attitude and additional mixed DNA samples against her.

"Amanda Knox and her Italian ex-boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito suffered a setback in their bid to be cleared of killing Meredith Kercher Thursday when Italy's supreme court said more than one person took part in the murder.

American student Knox and Sollecito are currently appealing against 26-year and 25-year sentences respectively in a separate court in the central city of Perugia, where Knox's flat mate Kercher was found with her throat cut on November 2, 2007.

The supreme court of Cassation said Thursday that a third person convicted of the murder, Ivorian drifter Rudy Guede, was not the only person involved, in its explanation for its December rejection of Guede's appeal against a 16-year sentence for the murder."

http://www.ansa.it/web/notizie/rubriche/english/2011/02/24/visualizza_new.html_1583158597.html

there is so much wrong with the behavior of amanda and raffaele but you "friends of amanda" who seem to think that vague, imprecise answers are "normal" for young people today, have apparently never been involved in a murder investigation. Having a friend brutally murdered is deadly serious business. If the witness somehow doesn’t pick up that "vive", the investigator will convey it very clearly. It is possible that amanda could care less about meredith's death and saw it all as a chance to have something "real life" to write about, but she would certainly "catch on" to the fact that she was expected to answer a bunch of very specific questions as accurately as possible before she could go back to savoring all of the excitement and attention. The fact that she failed to do just this is what made her a suspect in the first place.

first of all let me say that i take total offense to this statement. I do not consider myself to be a "friend of amanda"...i consider myself a law abiding, tax paying citizen who also seeks justice for murder victims.

You presume to know about the ones that do not just believe what comes from the law enforcement communities, but rather those who seek actual physical evidence that points towards ones guilt. You assume that we have never walked these shoes that ak and rs are in? How do you not know that some, few or all of us have not been falsely accused before? Why do you presume that we speak with no knowledge?

I am clarifying, not for your benefit, but for others that do care to know....my uncle is a murder victim. I have also had a good friend murdered. It is a horrific process that some must endure, and my sympathies for you loss, but please do not assume that just because some of here have a hard time believing a prosecutor that has been proven, in my opinion, to be morally corrupt, that we do not know what we are speaking of. We are entitled to hear all thoughts and personal insights from members here without them having to explain where their knowledge is from.

Another article that impacts the Seattle woman that refers to herself as Foxy Knoxy:

"The court stressed it had been asked only to assess Guede's guilt, ANSA reported, but its ruling was expected to affect Knox and Sollecito's argument that he acted alone.

According to ANSA, the Supreme Court ruled that Kercher was the victim of ''the brutal and overbearing force of a group conduct which highlights, in its unhappy protagonists, an orgiastic desire to unleash the most perverted criminal instincts…"

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpps/ne...-by-italian-court-dpgonc-20110224-gc_12037682

You can't be serious. The police arrested Patrick so sweet little Amanda is off the hook? Are you suggesting that Knox isn't an adult?

RBBM
Otto, I agree, AK was a young woman, but a woman nonetheless. If one is old enough to travel abroad alone, one is no longer a child, IMO. Perhaps if one still is a child, one should stay home with Mama.

And I don't need a lecture about child development now, so if someone is prepared to give it me, save your typing fingers for something else, please...like emailing politicians regarding changing the legal age of adults in the United States ;)

(Maybe someday AK and "little girl" Mechele Linehan can get together in Seattle some day and discuss how awful it is to be a little girl accused of murder)

I will post a new thread in a bit. Debate and disagreement is fine... bring it on. But there is a lot of discussion about each other as opposed to the case itself . You can refer to each other and direct comments to anyone you like (or dislike as the case may be) but if they are personal or attacking in nature we've got a problem.Even the occasional smart azz response to each other is not such a big problem; we can take it. It's just you all are becoming the topic.

So, please when the new thread is posted, discuss the case, argue the points, disagree with each other's take on the information, but please stop with the very personal remarks and attacks. gracias.

Thread #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member