Meter Reader (RK) Transfered for his own safety

I already searched all the local news web sites, it is not there yet.

That said, what answers are we hoping to get from an article?

- Were the emails sent to the utility company? RK personally? Both?
- Has he been recognized or approached on his route recently?
- Is this a permanent job move, or temporary?

My understanding is alot of it is stuff that is being said online, they showed a few posts on various sites, did not see any site names though. He is also being recognized out and about but nothing much was said about anything occuring there. (they mentioned something but its late and I cannot recall what exactly - nothing problemsome I don't think - yet) This appears to be a permanent move from what I gathered.

E-mails were mentioned not sure if personal or work e-mails though, mostly I believe is the concern about what people are saying on the neumerous forums.

If RK's transfer to inside work is really happening, then I am glad. Having been the person to find Caylee's remains, he will surely be an important witness at trial. He SHOULD be protected, IMO.

So true.

Yet, oddly, the one person who could have been THE key witness to offer a truthful statement is the one most carefully protected.

It's the law, and I get it and I respect it. But, in this case, I really don't have to like it.

My understanding is alot of it is stuff that is being said online, they showed a few posts on various sites, did not see any site names though. He is also being recognized out and about but nothing much was said about anything occuring there. (they mentioned something but its late and I cannot recall what exactly - nothing problemsome I don't think - yet) This appears to be a permanent move from what I gathered.

E-mails were mentioned not sure if personal or work e-mails though, mostly I believe is the concern about what people are saying on the neumerous forums.

Thanks Fritz.

I sure hope our forum doesn't pop up in a screen shot. That would disappoint me greatly.

Thanks Fritz.

I sure hope our forum doesn't pop up in a screen shot. That would disappoint me greatly.

I was mostly listening but when I looked over all I saw were close up bits of the various online posts, I don't think they intended to call out any of the websites directly, they realize there are all kinds of people in this world and a poster here or a poster there does not consitute the entire demeener/concience of an entire forum. At least I hope!

RK's situation is such that it will always make me wonder what kind of crap I would be going through right now if I had been the one that found the body during one of my outings. Esspecially since I reported finding possible weapons and other suspicious items that could have been used in a crime during one such outing. I related those to a different crime however because of the local and type of items found. But still what the h e double toothpicks kind of nonsense would I be going through right now?

Which BTW would be my wifes worst nightmare and exactly what RK is going through is her very reason for saying I should not get involved, I understand her philosphy on that very well, but my morals come from a different perspective in this world and my upbringing is such that if I deem steping in on ANY situation (hit and run whitness, robbery whitness or searching for a victem in the woods) I do so. Nobody should go through what RK is going through.

Now on the other hand, if such a person stepping in is later found guilty of something in the crime then by all means let the fireworks begin, but how can you expect to find good hearted people to lend a helping hand if you start biting that hand off afterwards? Sometimes the media and people need to just shut up and let the police do their jobs and wait for the outcome, lend a hand if asked then just stand by afterwards as bystanders until it is all resolved.

Kangaroo court? we are becomming a kangaroo nation. Sorry I could go on forever about this, we are no different than the neanderthal tribes of yesteryear. Now we just have books to keep track on how we decided to behave under each circumstance.

I strongly agree with Lovejac. I thank God and Roy Krunk, for caring enough to go the extra mile. His heart went out to a poor little girl, helpless, and ever so sweet. He kept her in his mind, taking the time to search an area, where he had a hunch that she might be. He's a good man. And, so is Mr. Nejaime who was kind enough, to see that Mr. Kronk deserved a little something ($5,000) for finding little Caylee after all. IMO, he should've received a lot more. I hope he gets it someday. My hats off to both of them. Finally finding her, has really helped me cope. It was a huge relief to me. It has helped me wrap my brain around this selfish, cruel and senseless horror that had to happen. I use to pray and pray that somehow, someway, somebody would discover her. And, maybe we could get a few more answers, as in why anyone would harm a precious angel like her, that didn't even ask to be here to begin with. And, that maybe, hopefully, LE will catch her killer. And then place that crazy b&*$% in a cage for the rest of her life, right where she belongs!:behindbar:furious::pinocchio::crossfingers::curses::hopping_mad:

There were quite a few posts on this forum that were questioning this gentleman's motives,integrity and involvement as I recall.

There will be a mob of posters looking for you if there is no link by the time i get up in the morning :)

Next time just post that it was reported on the news and the station and we can give it some time to post a link.

JBean I am of course on the look out for an article about RK. If one becomes available I will post it in the current thread A.S.A.P. & a link to it here for the thread.
:angel:

Here it is a link to the article:
http://www.wesh.com/news/18618997/detail.html

wesh tv just had it on news 7am today. orlando papers too . see below

Man Who Found Caylee's Remains Starts New Job

Kronk Leaves Job As Meter Reader

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The man who discovered the remains of Caylee Anthony will start a new job on Monday.
Roy Kronk is no longer a meter reader. He's moving into a position with Orange County's Inventory Control Department.
"There's no place to run. There's no place to hide. They're very vulnerable," attorney David Evans said.

What the heck is happening in this world where right is wrong and wrong is right??!!

Roy is a hero!!! If it weren't for him LP would still be searching for Caylee in the lake. This is what we all wanted for her to be found! We already knew who killed her.

Why are people sending Casey hand over foot while they treat Roy as if he were the bad guy??? It all just makes me sick that people can be so stupid!

Well the article is saying there were no reports of him being followed or harassed but there might be some day and his manager is concerned that as a meter reader there is no where to go, i.e. he can't just walk into a building to avoid someone.

Personally, I think people on the internet discussing his involvement is a long way from vigilantes out to do him harm. But I am glad he got an indoor job and a promotion.

BTW, absolutely no offense to the OP or anyone else who reported last night but it should be noted that the news article does not mention him getting hateful or harassing emails.

Basically, no one has been bothering him in person or via email, but they are trying to make sure no one does.

So, basically, it was much ado about nothing. No harassment, but the boss is taking precautions in case something does. Goody.
Why make a big news story out of it, then? I bet NG will be all over this tonight. If the media would leave him alone, everyone would forget the guy's name... but THEY are the ones giving him the publicity, so IF he is threatened or accused, I think it's their fault.
Who would want to bother him anyway... he did the right thing.

I think Casey likes people getting hurt in all this mess
There have been a lot hurt and I think there will be more
People need to think about what happen to Caylee
and what she went though and get back to the case.

I would think RK the police officer should be the one harrass, for the doing a better job of follow up.

Who would want to bother him anyway... he did the right thing.

Of course, LP has been saying for weeks, and said again in his chat last week, that the next big shock in this case will be what the MR knew, when he knew it, and who he got his information from. :D

Given that the MR's supervisor, the Anthonys' neighbor, is also possibly implicated in the "daisy chain" theory, a preemptive move by the MR's supervisor to get MR out of the path of media fits extremely nicely.

I do believe in the daisy chain, but I do not think the MR was involved in a crime or a cover-up. He's just the man at the end who found Caylee. However, if LP's story pans out, the MR will be front-page news again.

I feel sad for RK because what is happening to him is exactly why he didn't want to give his name when he reported this back in Aug. I don't care how he found her...I care that he found her! If not for him, she would still be missing...with ZFG, Jesse took her, Amy took her...Casey is being taught a lesson...and so on and so on. God Bless you Mr. Kronk. In ALL of this mess...YOU ARE MY HERO! :blowkiss:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back