Methinks they doth protest too much

LinasK said:
I'm not sure, but at least she didn't press me to attend his funeral.

It sounds like she did understand (at that point) what happened. Well, I wish you all the happiness in the world. And thank you for sharing your story with us. If it helps just one child from suffering through what you did...then that is a good thing.

shiloh said:
This isn't the only time the Ramseys adamantly deny that JBR was molested at all -- by anybody at any time prior to the night of her death -- and react as if it is a personal accusation when no accusation had been made.

It is curious to me that instead of seeing this as a valuable clue as to the identity of that ever-elusive intruder, that despicable man who tortured and killed their child, they vehemently deny again and again that she was sexually abused at all by anyone at anytime prior to 1/26/96. It must have been just a daydream.

shiloh,

Prior molestation and public quotes from the Ramsey's, such as above, strengthens the idea that a conspiracy is involved, not an accident, an accident does not need the extensive staging or the post-homicide spin that the Ramsey's have mounted.

I seriously suspect that Steve Thomas's theory per the accident is simply his public position, given his remarks above, he obviously entertains a more detailed theory incorporating the sexual abuse of JonBenet!

"So why do Ramsey supporters keep citing Dr. Beuf as some kind of expert on whether JonBenet was abused or not?"

Because he's all they have!

"If my daughter was murdered and I knew that I and my spouse didn't do it, and some experts said she had been sex violated, I would want to know this, unless I guess, I was in major denial."

Something like that actually happened! In 1998, Tom Haney was interviewing Patsy. He told her that JB had been violated. Patsy claimed to be shocked. Haney asked her flat-out what that told her. Her response:

"It doesn't tell me anything!"

WHAT!?! It would tell me that whomever killed my daughter had gotten to her before and would narrow the search! Either she knew or she was just plain stupid!

"She might have known that her own husband abused Patsy and was in denial. My mother was 30 seconds after I told her- I could see a look in her eyes like a curtain came down i.e., "Not MY brother!""

Unfortunately, that's quite common. A lot of them tend to blame the CHILDREN for being molested. Never could figure that one.

"I seriously suspect that Steve Thomas's theory per the accident is simply his public position, given his remarks above, he obviously entertains a more detailed theory incorporating the sexual abuse of JonBenet!"

Well, if so, he's never seen fit to share it with anyone.

shiloh said:
From Larry King Live, 5/31/00:

THOMAS: And why would pediatric medical experts that the Boulder Police Department brought into this case swear out, via affidavit, that JonBenet had been subjected to prior vaginal trauma.

J. RAMSEY: You're lying. You're lying, Steve. That is a lie.

KING: Wait a minute. You're saying they didn't say that?

J. RAMSEY: Our pediatrician, who saw JonBenet a dozen times each year for the past three years before this happened, has sworn and testified in public that he saw no evidence of sexual abuse.

KING: And what was evidence your pediatrician saw?

THOMAS: Well, my pediatrician, pediatric experts that were brought into this case, a blue ribbon medical panel.

J. RAMSEY: Who are they, Steve? Can I ask you who they are?

KING: Said? Said?

THOMAS: Said that this little girl, prior to the night she died, had been subjected to previous vaginal trauma.

P. RAMSEY: That is a lie.

This isn't the only time the Ramseys adamantly deny that JBR was molested at all -- by anybody at any time prior to the night of her death -- and react as if it is a personal accusation when no accusation had been made.

It is curious to me that instead of seeing this as a valuable clue as to the identity of that ever-elusive intruder, that despicable man who tortured and killed their child, they vehemently deny again and again that she was sexually abused at all by anyone at anytime prior to 1/26/96. It must have been just a daydream.
My opinion is that JonBenet suffered ongoing sexual abuse probably going back to the time Patsy first came down with ovarian cancer. But I do not believe for one moment that the perpetrator was John, nor was it Patsy. And I don't think John had the tiniest inkling that it was happening. I think in this context his angry outburst in this interview was understandable. On the other hand, I believe Patsy had more than an inkling that it was happening at the hands of another relative and a friend; and her behaviour and replies in interviews when the subject comes up, as well as the constant visits to Dr B, strongly suggests this, IMO.

Linda7NJ said:
I am quite certain that the Ramsey's pediatrician didn't do internal exams and was never looking for signs of sexual abuse.
IMO Dr B was pedophile himself and colluded with certain other pedophiles with whom he was acquainted personally to keep their activities secret.

luvbeaches said:
Exactly. And when Nedra said this...I remember thinking...what is she talking about? It's okay because she was only molested a "little" bit. Nah, if you really listen to what they are saying...they are saying a lot. They are trying to cover up too many things that normal grieving parents would want answers for.

Let's just hop in our little private jet and get the heck out of Dodge. Life goes on...
And from what I have seen, the denial within the family, especially from either or both of parents is horrendously damaging as well. A double blow for the victim to contend with.

Nedra has a lot to answer for IMO, she probably knew her husband was molesting her own daughters, which it is my opinion that he did. If she had done something way back then maybe JonBenet would still have been alive today.

"IMO Dr B was pedophile himself and colluded with certain other pedophiles with whom he was acquainted personally to keep their activities secret."

Whether he was or not, he never performed an internal exam. And the last check-up had been months before the murder. John McCann set it at ten days, but couldn't say more than that.

"Nedra has a lot to answer for IMO, she probably knew her husband was molesting her own daughters, which it is my opinion that he did. If she had done something way back then maybe JonBenet would still have been alive today."

Maybe so. I've often thought that myself, and if so, neither Patsy nor JB had a chance. Their true beauty was extinguished before the world could enjoy it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back