Mexico Mexico - Dana Rishpy, 24, Israeli student, Tulum, 30 March 2007

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by dotr, Jul 21, 2016.

1. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...eli-s-parents-look-for-answers-in-1732857.php
    920x920.jpg
    Dana Rishpy, 24

2. Loading...

3. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/dana-rishpy/@@download.pdf

DANA RISHPY
    March 30, 2007
    Tulum, Mexico

4. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

http://forward.com/news/12352/backpacker-mysteriously-vanishes-in-mexico-01038/

Backpacker Mysteriously Vanishes in Mexico
    Marc PerelmanDecember 26, 2007

missingisraeli-122807-1425727259.jpg

5. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

6. Momoffourboys

Momoffourboys Active Member

Dramatic turn of events in case of Israeli girl missing in Mexico

Mexican Authorities: Dana Rishpy, who vanished in 2007 at age 25, was buried in an archeological pit in Southwestern town of Tulum • Rishpy's boyfriend, U.S. citizen Matthew Walshin, was the last person to see Dana alive • He remains a prime suspect.

Snip

On Thursday, Mexican state authorities said that their investigation provides evidence that the body of the young woman, who was 25 when she vanished, is buried in the archeological beach town of Tulum.

Rishpy, an Israeli citizen, was last heard from on March 28, 2007, while vacationing in Mexico. In an email to her parents, she wrote that she had arrived in Cancun and was planning to travel in the area for several weeks.

The Mexican website SIPSE reported that a deep pit was discovered during excavations that had begun Tuesday night after new evidence regarding Dana's disappearance came to light. Authorities suspect Rishpy was buried illegally and the pit may hold her remains.

http://www.israelhayom.com/site/newsletter_article.php?id=444

7. Momoffourboys

Development in Dana Rishpy Case
    Police in Mexico may have found the remains of Dana Rishpy, an Israeli backpacker who went missing at the age of 24 in 2007. Investigators told local television, Thursday, that a homeless person claimed to have witnessed her murder and led them to the place she was buried, outside the city of Tulum. The remains they found are undergoing DNA analysis.

The testimony of the homeless person apparently confirms the report of private investigators hired by the Rishpy family that Dana was kidnapped by a gang of organ traffickers and brutally murdered.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/215809

8. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Good grief!
    Poor girl and her family, have they made the formal identification through DNA, what about the boyfriend, did he possibly set her up for that?!
    If so, has he been arrested, or remains a suspect, because if a guy could ( allegedly) do something like that to her, then perhaps others have met a similar fate.
    imo, speculation.

9. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

According to this translated article from June 22 2016, there apparently is another POI..

http://www.semanariopolemica.com/?p=36164
    https://translate.google.ca/transla...ww.semanariopolemica.com/?p=36164&prev=search

10. Claudius

Claudius New Member

This poor girl! This is horrific. Thanks for posting this, dotr!

It's hard to piece this together, as the articles are out of order and 5-9 years old. If DNA analysis were being done 5 years ago on the body found in Tulum, wouldn't the results be in by now?

Some articles refer to the suspect as her "boyfriend," but I think it was a mistranslation. I think she met him one night, he let her stay the night, and she was last seen at a party with him the next night? He contacted her family about a week later to tell them he had her backpack but she hadn't returned to claim it. The family called the authorities, and they launched an investigation. Then the local LE sort of buried the investigation to avoid bad publicity for Cancun and its booming tourism. The family hired a PI, a local reporter wrote a scathing article on the LE's poor handling of the case, etc.... and it was reopened. A PI showed up at the suspect's place in MX, and found his CA driver's license. <If he found his CA DL, wouldn't we have a better picture of him than the one above, posted by dotr and on the FBI's most wanted site?> The PI found him in NorCal, got into a fight with him, and the suspect spent a night in jail (where he previously spent 6 months on a sexual assault violation in the 90's). Meanwhile, a family from Houston claims that they found her passed out on a beach some weeks after she went missing, and a man claiming to be her boyfriend took her back. The suspect claims that she left with 2 French Canadians to go to Tulum the 2nd night he knew her, and that's the last time he saw her (there are apparently other witnesses to back this up). Then there is the claim that the PI learned she was murdered for body parts. But I didn't see where that theory came from.

Forgive me if I've misunderstood any of this. It's all so confusing! Going to have to start googling...

11. Momoffourboys

IMO the remains were not confirmed to be her's. The FBI has an open case for her and she is, still, presumed missing.

I will keep checking and see what I can find.

12. Satchie

Satchie Well-Known Member

I saw this link when browsing another case in Tulum.

I've followed this case from the beginning, because I saw the missing person posters in Tulum.

Two things, IMO:

1. There is a great deal of rumour and outright misinformation posted as fact in various newspapers. Some, such as the cruiseship passengers who say they saw JWs assisting a drunk girl, and the American photographed at the party, seem to me like leads a desperate family would cling to when all other avenues are exhausted. Other stories like the 45 year old Hungarians and organ-harvesters, and the pit, are, IMO, local gossip, with no substance.

2. The most suspicious thing about Matti Walshin, IMO, is that when he contacted Dana's parents on April 7, he told them nothing about how long Dana had been missing (over a week), just that she'd left her backpack behind.

Later, when they'd become alarmed and emailed him, he said he'd last seen Dana on the morning of March 31st, heading off to visit the ruins. Rather a precise memory, it seems to me, for having come out several weeks later.

He had no way of knowing that she'd written in her diary, in Hebrew, that he was going to take her to a party at Mezzanine on the night of March 30th.

From subsequent family statements, this party seems to have been when they believe she actually disappeared. So how did Walshin see her the next day, supposedly going to visit the ruins?

She wrote in her diary that Walshin wasn't attractive to her, but she thought he might try something. The guy has never, apparently, made any statement about her or what he remembers about that party. He skipped town back to the US, just before the family/PI came to see him. There isn't enough evidence to extradite him for an arrest.

So, until/unless her remains are found, I don't believe this case will be solved.k

13. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

http://www.israelhayom.com/2017/07/...ts-in-case-of-israeli-girl-missing-in-mexico/

14. Satchie

Satchie Well-Known Member

If you look at that link, where it says Newsletter, it's dated 2011. The story was never carried by any media except two, somewhat minor, Israeli news outlets, on July 22 and 23, 2011. They picked up the story from a local (Yucatan) news site. The story was never picked up by reputable sites like the Jerusalem Post, and there's never been any other reports about it. I think it was just local rumour.

15. Momoffourboys

16. Momoffourboys

17. Momoffourboys

I saw her FBI missing poster being shared yesterday. And her case is still open/active on FBI website.

18. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/dana-rishpy
    If you have any information concerning this person, please contact your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate.

Submit an anonymous Tip online

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. tarabull

tarabull Life is a puzzle.

20. tarabull

tarabull Life is a puzzle.

21. Momoffourboys