Mexico Mexico - David Hartley, 30, Lake Falcon, 30 Sept 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Investigator in Falcon Lake 'Mexico pirates' attack is beheaded: sources
Tuesday, October 12th 2010, 9:38 PM

The lead Mexican investigator working to solve the case of an American allegedly attacked by pirates has been killed, and sources say he was brutally decapitated.

Rolando Flores was the commander of a team of police investigating the disappearance and reported shooting of David Hartley on a Mexican border lake last month.

Ruben Dario-Rios, spokesman for the state prosecutor's office in the area, confirmed his death, telling The Associated Press that authorities "don't know how or why he was killed," and that they "don't have any details on how died."

Flores' headless body was left in a suitcase in front of a Mexican military compound on Tuesday, Texas Rep. Aaron Peña told CNN.

The investigator had been out searching the Falcon Lake area for clues to Hartley's disappearance on Monday, but never made it home.

"Shortly afterward, they found his head in the suitcase," Lesley Lopez, press secretary for U.S. Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-Tex), told CNN.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ded_accord.html?r=news/national#ixzz12CVVr46t

Mexican investigator probing lake shooting slain
2 hours ago

Rios said authorities "don't know how or why he was killed. We don't have any details on how he died."

U.S. officials have said threats from drug gangs who control the area around Falcon Lake have hampered the search for Hartley.

Gov. Rick Perry said Tuesday that backing off when confronted by threats like the slaying of the police commander is "the worst thing we can do."

"I think their attempt is to intimidate law enforcement, no matter who they are or where they are," Perry told The Associated Press. Their message is to "stay out of their territory."

"The worst thing we can do is let the terrorists dictate the terms of how we're going to live."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...nRPZBA8z3GreQPLl8SMQD9IQFGVO0?docId=D9IQFGVO0

Below BBM

God Bless Rolando Flores & family!

Investigator in Falcon Lake 'Mexico pirates' attack is beheaded: sources
Tuesday, October 12th 2010, 9:38 PM

The lead Mexican investigator working to solve the case of an American allegedly attacked by pirates has been killed, and sources say he was brutally decapitated.

Rolando Flores was the commander of a team of police investigating the disappearance and reported shooting of David Hartley on a Mexican border lake last month.

Ruben Dario-Rios, spokesman for the state prosecutor's office in the area, confirmed his death, telling The Associated Press that authorities "don't know how or why he was killed," and that they "don't have any details on how died."

Flores' headless body was left in a suitcase in front of a Mexican military compound on Tuesday, Texas Rep. Aaron Peña told CNN.

The investigator had been out searching the Falcon Lake area for clues to Hartley's disappearance on Monday, but never made it home.

"Shortly afterward, they found his head in the suitcase," Lesley Lopez, press secretary for U.S. Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-Tex), told CNN.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ded_accord.html?r=news/national#ixzz12CVVr46t

Oh good grief. I don't think anyone saw this coming. A beheading? That poor man and his family.

There is more to this story and I don't necessarily think it is David Hartley related.

Still not believing Tiffany - I don't think she has told police the true story, I'm getting quite sick of her media tour as well.

I'm still thinking of David and the one truth in this incident is that he deserves to be found and laid to rest. I hope his family is able to do that and soon.

And one question - why in the hell was this investigator allowed to go out there on his own? Does not make sense.

Her "story" sure begs the question of what the heck did the pirates *want*? Just randomly murdering tourists doesn't get them anything, so why do it? Theoretically, I guess they could have wanted the jet-ski, but seems like there would have been an easier way, like waiting until they were stopped or got off the jet-skis to take pictures, and then just pointing a gun and telling them to jump in the water while pirates jumped on the jet-skis and zoomed away.

Maybe they wanted her as someone suggested. Maybe they didn't expect her to be so brave as to high tail it out of there. They may have thought David and Tiffany saw something they shouldn't have and maybe something was caught in a picture they took. Maybe they thought they were undercover authorities. The fact that an officer connected to this investigation was brutally murdered and they delivered his head (!) proves they are murderers and don't have to have a reason.

A spokesman for the prosecutor's office in the Mexican state of Tamaulipas confirmed that Commander Rolando Flores, the head of state investigators in the border city of Ciudad Miguel Aleman, had been killed.

Flores was investigating the disappearance of Hartley, but the prosecutor's spokesman said the death was unrelated.

Still, Flores last weekend had delivered information about two alleged Mexican gang members to KRGV TV in Texas as part of its investigation into Hartley's disappearance.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39637423/ns/world_news-americas/#slice-2

What? He was just next on the beheading list?

Now, THIS, I'm skeptical of.

With the details in this article stating he was part of the investigation and delivered information about the suspects, how can they have the gall to say it had nothing to do with this case?

Mexican police get murdered on a pretty regular basis. Whatever drug cartels are active in this immediate area do NOT like having their business operations disrupted by any sort of investigation that's combing the lake and perimeter. They'll stop it the fastest way they can, and apparently this was it. If we hear anything more about Mexican authorities searching/investigating in the area, it will be a lie.

I rather suspected that the sudden and improbable announcement by certain Mexican authorities that they had two specific suspects and knew their names, was part of a drug cartel-directed scheme to quickly shut down the investigation. It was probably two low-level cartel workers who'd pissed somebody off and were expendable. Arrange to have them publicly named as suspects, then arrange to have their bodies turn up, and hope that this routine will end the investigation. Didn't work, so Plan B was kill the lead investigator and deliver his head to a local army facility. I seriously doubt they'll need to proceed to any Plan C.

And if TH is lying about this whole thing, she's got that investigator's blood on her hands. It's not like she wasn't familiar with Mexico and how these things work down there.

I thought we were instructed by moderators that victims are off limits in this discussion. Tiffany has not been named a suspect or even a person of interest, so why do members continue to say she is lying and implicate her in this crime?

I've read the most amazing time line of this incident but not sure if I should post it here as it is not my work and I don't want to steal it without giving credit. Unfortunately the place where it is posted we're not able to link to. The time line was in the comments section of a particular blog.

I think a few might find it illuminating. It would also give us more to work with.

I'll try and get in contact with the original poster and ask them if I can get a copy - will also check with the mods that is okay.

I thought we were instructed by moderators that victims are off limits in this discussion. Tiffany has not been named a suspect or even a person of interest, so why do members continue to say she is lying and implicate her in this crime?

We can as long as we discuss our opinions of her respectfully, and back up our observations. Basically, no bashing.

With the details in this article stating he was part of the investigation and delivered information about the suspects, how can they have the gall to say it had nothing to do with this case?

I know. :waitasec:

Perhaps they are saying this to keep the Mexican officials safe.
They have to know people believe this is retaliation and intimidation. jmo

We can as long as we discuss our opinions of her respectfully, and back up our observations. Basically, no bashing.

I was under the impression that we can discuss our thoughts/opinions of what has been reported in the MSM, as long as we support our thoughts/opinions with MSM links &/or with what has been reported in the MSM.

Hi CathyinTexas, it is my understanding from Salem that anyone may question TH's story and say why. By the same token others can state their differing opinions. Neither side should try and change anyone's view.

Personally I don't know what is going on with Tiffany - there are now just too many inconsistencies with what she has been telling the public.

I have no idea whether he was murdered or not. Just pointing out that there's not a shred of concrete evidence that he was. For all we know, he could be lounging beside the swimming pool on some drug kingpin's lavish estate somewhere in Central or South America.

You have made it clear your take on Tiffany's story. So given your hypothetical scenario, what happened to the jet ski? Was the drug cartel in on the ruse?

Question

Do we know that it was actually David Hartley driving the truck that morning? Did he ever show his drivers license to the cop?

Did his family ever say when was the last time they had seen or talked to him?

In Texas, when stopped by any officer your picture ID aka drivers license. So I am pretty sure the officer was sure that it was David Hartley, he also would have checked for warrants. Also, David's parents and sister have been very adamant that they believe Tiffany's story.

I was under the impression that we can discuss our thoughts/opinions of what has been reported in the MSM, as long as we support our thoughts/opinions with MSM links &/or with what has been reported in the MSM.

Thanks, sorrell. You said it better than I. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member