Mexico Mexico - Gene Figueroa, 52, Rosarita, 17 June 2016

What did he do for a living? There have been engineers targeted for kidnapping in Mexico to architect tunnels, etc.

An hour ago (about 4:30 pm PDT) the latest post on the page for Gene (referred to as Gerard) says that the blood found on the floor of his apartment is a definite DNA match for Gene. :( They now have to wait for the Mexican authorities to deem it a different kind of crime scene. His parents are taking it very hard, naturally. Sad news.

A link to the page can be found in MSM articles linked earlier.

Do we know if it was enough blood to suggest the individual most likely expired?

What did he do for a living? There have been engineers targeted for kidnapping in Mexico to architect tunnels, etc.

That's a thought. I've looked through his FB, including likes and interests, and I haven't found anything about the kind of work he did. Nothing has shown up on google so far. He retired pretty young, around 50, so I wonder if he was in the financial or real estate field. Money goes further in Mexico. A $40,000 watch collection is not chicken feed.

A side note about his physical condition: He takes medication for fibromyalgia according to an article, and based on the injuries he describes in a FB comment, he's a physical wreck. Two car accidents= 2 concussions. Surfing accidents= 2 back surgeries. Broke foot and hand. Plus issues with four levels in his spine. Says he's fallen out of his tub-shower three times. He asked a friend who has worse problems how she stays positive and says it's a struggle. He must be in constant pain.

https://www.facebook.com/genolatino/posts/10207163003927722?pnref=story

Could be. The listing mentions Rancho Santa Margarita, CA and other listings show him living there. He could have done pretty well in that line of work. I don't think he lived in Italy though.

I'm not sure how to interpret this shipment information. Scroll to bottom past Chinese. It appears to be a shipment of Italian household goods from RSM to Tijuana in 2014, perhaps when he moved there.

https://cn.panjiva.com/Gene-Gerard-Figueroa-Iii/31600310

Ok. Red flag. That shipment sounds very suspicious.

I thought suspicious stuff is shipped OUT of Mexico, not IN. :D What are you thinking is suspicious about it? Honest question, despite my joke.

There's something dodgy about that website, I think it agreggates info from the web and tries to look legit. It picked up that bill of lading found on the Chinese website, but puts in "Address and More: SILK TASSEL, RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA, 92668, Italy". Italy?? That's an address in California. I think it's a scam site.

The bill of lading on the Chinese site was probably also picked up by data-mining the web without indicating where the data comes from. It references a "menaje de casa" which is a one-time shipment/list/term used when an immigrant brings their household belongings into Mexico. You have to use the term and supply the correct type of list, otherwise you'll be charged import duties. http://mexicomovingcompany.com/menaje-de-casa-examples/. He moved to Mexico 2 years ago, so that would correspond to the 2014 date.

I've been trying to find out if there's anything new about Gene. I can find nothing in MSM, but I did find a Baja SM forum with posts from this month that indicates to me that he was found dead/murdered within 1-2 weeks of his disappearance. That may not be accurate because it doesn't seem to match the time frame of the family reporting him missing, blood being found, etc. I dug around more based on what was said there (he wasn't named, but everything fit what we know) and have found nothing so far. If anyone else finds something in MSM, please post it here.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back