Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the $8,000 in donations to my . There will be no updates. I OWE YOU NOTHING! But I still need your continued support. So please keep donating. :facepalm:

Lol. Dexter endorses this comment. Lol.

Imo. Jonathan is using Jennys case to have a reason why he is going to Mexico again and again.

I just wished we knew if he actually gets massages in Mexico while supposedly looking for Jenny.

Because he always comes back with no updates even after he promises everyone that he is going out there to get Breaking News Updates.

Hey, the Seattle police have been cracking down on that stuff. So he has got to go to some place where it's legal. Mexico is the closest place, but it still costs money.

I just hope the whole thing is a complete scam, and nobody is actually missing. But we are never going to know, because the entire story is coming from one single person, and he is no longer talking. We are never going to know the real story.

I imagine JR ran through the money a long time ago, so I'm wondering how he is paying his PI in Mexico and the one from outside the country he mentioned he was bringing on the case. Not to mention his attorney. And travel. I don't see how he can keep his search going and try to get any info from LE, Corona or the trucking company.That may explain his silence. How depressing.

Just recapping information sources:
1) JR (to MSM, on Mexican radio, FB and , "press release", trucker records)
2) His attorney discussing on Mexican radio the findings of the PI regarding the driver picking up Jenny.
3) The Chinese embassy saying that according to LE Jenny was seen hitchhiking in May.
4) Jenny's social media before her disappearance.

Nothing quoting LE except an early Mexican MSM article. All LE seemed to know is what JR told them. Silence since then...correct me please if I missed a later LE quote.

We are used to getting our information from LE updates, knowing they don't reveal everything, and family, which we take with a grain of salt. As has been mentioned, with few exceptions, our information has come from JR. I don't think he would have gone to all this trouble for a scam, although it did cross my mind initially. I don't think he's lying, but I do think he has been led on a wild goose chase in Mexico. There's no point in recapping the mistakes both he and Jenny made that helped create this tragedy. Sadly, I really doubt we will ever know what happened to Jenny.

I have to.

[video=youtube;eyCEexG9xjw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyCEexG9xjw[/video]

The latest from JR and hour ago...

JR will be "circling back" with the prosecution team for updates after Thanksgiving. He hopes for significant updates at that time.

I'm not sure what "circling back" means unless it means "checking back." Perhaps it means he is going around in circles with the prosecutors? :scared:

Given that JR must know that he has made essentially the same post multiple times, does it not occur to him to explain what happened regarding the previous updates he has said will happen? Something like this...

"I'm sorry to say the updates I expected on my trip to Mexico did not happen (or revealed nothing new...or fill in whatever blank you want). I know you care and I'm sorry to keep you hanging so often. I've come to realize that investigations move very slowly in Mexico. I hope I will have facts I can share in my next post. I know how hard it is to be patient. Thank you for hanging in there with me."

I'm sure most of us would accept this and be less cynical if he posted like this.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/710324162475964/

The latest from JR and hour ago...

JR will be "circling back" with the prosecution team for updates after Thanksgiving. He hopes for significant updates at that time.

I'm not sure what "circling back" means unless it means "checking back." Perhaps it means he is going around in circles with the prosecutors? :scared:

Given that JR must know that he has made essentially the same post multiple times, does it not occur to him to explain what happened regarding the previous updates he has said will happen? Something like this...

"I'm sorry to say the updates I expected on my trip to Mexico did not happen (or revealed nothing new...or fill in whatever blank you want). I know you care and I'm sorry to keep you hanging so often. I've come to realize that investigations move very slowly in Mexico. I hope I will have facts I can share in my next post. I know how hard it is to be patient. Thank you for hanging in there with me."

I'm sure most of us would accept this and be less cynical if he posted like this.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/710324162475964/

He just got back from Mexico and had absolutely nothing new to update, even though he claimed the investigation was in the "CRUCIAL phase" (all caps) and he would get updates. Now he is promising a significant update after Thanksgiving. What could possibly be updated after Thanksgiving, that couldn't have been updated during or after his trip to Mexico? Since there is no Thanksgiving holiday in Mexico that could affect the investigation, I guess it means that he is taking a Thanksgiving break from searching for his supposedly missing wife. :rolleyes:

I have only been following this case for the past few days, and my hinky meter is going off. Something is off with this whole deal.

Agree 806Mom. And this is why I still believe Jenny will be found alive. I believe she is still on her odyssey. I don't believe her thinking, as evidenced by her behavior prior to vanishing, has been "clear".

He seems to be enjoying his trips to Mexico or playing this cat and mouse game? It doesn't seem he even mentions Jenny's name often.
Imho.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
BBM

Good catch, Lisa. I hadn't noticed that, but you're right. Not that it necessarily means anything, and it may be it's just his way, but it is odd. And I do think it's a somewhat recent change.

I would really like to know what he does in Mexico. Of course he doesn't have to account for his time, but I'd think he'd want to at least report some of his activities...like meeting with his PI and the prosecutor and anyone else of note...even if he can't reveal the results. But I guess I should be used to his communication style by now even if I don't like it.

I have only been following this case for the past few days, and my hinky meter is going off. Something is off with this whole deal.

Welcome to the thread. :seeya: It's nice to have someone new come on and pick up on something odd. I'm not convinced it's sinister, but it's very strange.

Agree 806Mom. And this is why I still believe Jenny will be found alive. I believe she is still on her odyssey. I don't believe her thinking, as evidenced by her behavior prior to vanishing, has been "clear".

I hope you're right, roses. I found it easier to think she was on some kind of odyssey at the beginning. It's getting harder after almost eight months. But I hope so. I believe it was her last post that indicated she planned to face her fears by hitchhiking across Mexico to Cancun. It seems that she was on her way until Lagunas and the Corona truck. Assuming the truck driver story is true and there wasn't foul play, did she suddenly decide to ditch Cancun and JR and Cuba and NYC? After all, the driver supposedly persuaded her to go in the opposite direction with him to avoid teacher strikes blocking the road. Did she impulsively decide to do something different? Is she perhaps hiding out with his family or friends? Hannah Thomas-Garner hid out, living with a family of strangers for over three months. I agree that Jenny's bizarre thinking and behavior prior to disappearing doesn't rule out a sudden change of plans.

I'd really like to know if her family is pursuing their own investigation after being told she'd been seen backpacking in May. Is LE helping them? Is the Chinese embassy still involved? Are they keeping Jenny's whereabouts from JR?

I hope you're right, roses. I found it easier to think she was on some kind of odyssey at the beginning. It's getting harder after almost eight months. But I hope so. I believe it was her last post that indicated she planned to face her fears by hitchhiking across Mexico to Cancun. It seems that she was on her way until Lagunas and the Corona truck. Assuming the truck driver story is true and there wasn't foul play, did she suddenly decide to ditch Cancun and JR and Cuba and NYC? After all, the driver supposedly persuaded her to go in the opposite direction with him to avoid teacher strikes blocking the road. Did she impulsively decide to do something different? Is she perhaps hiding out with his family or friends? Hannah Thomas-Garner hid out, living with a family of strangers for over three months. I agree that Jenny's bizarre thinking and behavior prior to disappearing doesn't rule out a sudden change of plans.

I'd really like to know if her family is pursuing their own investigation after being told she'd been seen backpacking in May. Is LE helping them? Is the Chinese embassy still involved? Are they keeping Jenny's whereabouts from JR?

IMO, entirely possible. From the armchair perspective, her behavior was extremely erratic prior to disappearance. Anything with this gal seems possible. I'm sticking to the alive theory. I do think she will eventually surface. If she was experiencing mania (*all amateur speculation*), that episode should certainly be waning by now.

Again, all amateur opinion and speculation.

I was doing a bit of reading today on this and I cant find really anything from her family or other friends. Am I not looking in the right spot? Or is there just no information?

I know if I went missing in Mexico, I would have a friends and family shooting from the rooftops. I dont see this happening at all.

He seems to be enjoying his trips to Mexico or playing this cat and mouse game? It doesn't seem he even mentions Jenny's name often.
Imho.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Agree. And he seems to enjoy going by himself. Because he never mentions traveling there with others. Hmmmmmm

Plus lets not forget that her inlaws are mega silent on Facebook except when wanting to know if Jon is okay.

Now of course this means nothing. But still. Jmo

I was doing a bit of reading today on this and I cant find really anything from her family or other friends. Am I not looking in the right spot? Or is there just no information?

I know if I went missing in Mexico, I would have a friends and family shooting from the rooftops. I dont see this happening at all.

I think her Chinese family either knows that she is safe. Or the 3 language barriers make it hard for them to truly investigate since they speak Chinese and possibly need both English and Spanish and Chinese interpreters to fill in the information for them by people that are bull crapping them around while speaking in another language. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie