Found Safe Mexico - Jessy Pacheco, 29, US citizen, friend he was with found dead, Guadalajara, 15 Jun 2019

the link in #5 above indicates Carlos Delgadillo is a US citizen. Not sure why it matters but I saw a post that sounded like it was disregarding him because he is from Mexico?

I would guess this is a kidnapping for ransom from what little I have learned about these types of crimes. So very sad for those who know and love these men. Still hoping that Jessy comes home safely, and there is absolutely a chance for that so we can always have hope.

the link in #5 above indicates Carlos Delgadillo is a US citizen. Not sure why it matters but I saw a post that sounded like it was disregarding him because he is from Mexico?

I would guess this is a kidnapping for ransom from what little I have learned about these types of crimes. So very sad for those who know and love these men. Still hoping that Jessy comes home safely, and there is absolutely a chance for that so we can always have hope.
It shouldn't matter, but in this case a Mexican citizen could possibly be more expendable than an American. I too read that CD was an American citizen but the only info I can find on him is a FB page, not updated since 2012, but he is friends with Jessy and states to be from Las Cruces Mexico.
Seems more likely that he put up resistance and was killed..becasue ransom would be more to the kidnappers' liking to have 2 victims, I'd think. Not that I think like a kidnapper...

Unless it isn't about money.

Las Cruces is in New Mexico

ETA: unless there is a Las Cruces in Mexico, lol... I don't think so though
Ahh. You are right. Smacking myself in the head now. I looked at it twice and missed the New. Apologies. No excuses. I've even been there, in New Mexico. Sigh

ETA Wonder why Carlos was in Mexico with him? Traveled with him for his graduation? Or also graduated. Just curious. And very sad.

FWIW..
Tijuana Kidnappers Targeting Doctors
May 28, 2008
"Tijuana Kidnappers Targeting Doctors
Galvanized by the abduction of a prominent surgeon, a doctors' group in Tijuana says drug cartel kidnappers have snatched at least 20 physicians in the Mexican border city."
Mexican Doctors Targeted for Kidnapping by Cartels
Nov 2016
"The rash of kidnappings has affected local Red Cross clinics, which temporarily stopped providing 24-hour services after various attempts by cartel gunmen to kidnap doctors on night shifts. The medical personnel are apparently targeted to have them provide care to suspected criminals in undisclosed locations."

FWIW..
May 28, 2008
Galvanized by the abduction of a prominent surgeon, a doctors' group in Tijuana says drug cartel kidnappers have snatched at least 20 physicians in the Mexican border city."
Nov 2016
"The rash of kidnappings has affected local Red Cross clinics, which temporarily stopped providing 24-hour services after various attempts by cartel gunmen to kidnap doctors on night shifts. The medical personnel are apparently targeted to have them provide care to suspected criminals in undisclosed locations."
!!!
Sounds like a movie, but it does really happen! :eek:

A more recent article.. rbbm.
Treating wounded criminals falls to doctors in Tierra Caliente
January 31, 2019
“Sometimes it’s mandatory but they do pay you something.”

The words are those of José N., a doctor in southern México state’s Tierra Caliente, a region notorious for cartel violence and he’s talking about being kidnapped by criminal gangs that need a doctor to treat their wounded.

“We don’t have much choice,” José says. “In the end, they’re human lives and we have to do what we can.”

"Scores of doctors have been abducted from México state municipalities such as Luvianos, Tlatlaya, Tejupilco and San Simón in recent years."

Ongoing turf wars between cells of the Jalisco New Generation Cartel (CJNG), La Nueva Familia Michoacana, the Guerreros Unidos and Los Rojos mean that doctors’ skills and expertise could be needed at any time.

José, who has been a doctor in southern México state for 10 years and and has been kidnapped by criminal groups at least four times, told the newspaper Milenio that he left Ciudad Altamirano, Guerrero – also in the Tierra Caliente region – precisely to escape the kind of violence he continues to see."

It was my post that said he was from Mexico. I was mistaken and it won’t let me edit my post for some reason.

But I definitely was not trying to disregard him. I was trying to determine if he was a fellow medical student or not.

FWIW..
May 28, 2008
Nov 2016
This leads me in two directions. Hopefully, Jessy is safe because he is needed. And he may be released after his services are forcibly provided. Or.. he is in danger anyway. Seems to have been no hesitation in killing his friend, probably while Jessy was watching. If he was needed for medical assistance, why kill his friend. Not a sympathetic way to “ask” for help. JMO

A more recent article.. rbbm.
Treating wounded criminals falls to doctors in Tierra Caliente
January 31, 2019
“Sometimes it’s mandatory but they do pay you something.”

The words are those of José N., a doctor in southern México state’s Tierra Caliente, a region notorious for cartel violence and he’s talking about being kidnapped by criminal gangs that need a doctor to treat their wounded.

“We don’t have much choice,” José says. “In the end, they’re human lives and we have to do what we can.”

"Scores of doctors have been abducted from México state municipalities such as Luvianos, Tlatlaya, Tejupilco and San Simón in recent years."

Ongoing turf wars between cells of the Jalisco New Generation Cartel (CJNG), La Nueva Familia Michoacana, the Guerreros Unidos and Los Rojos mean that doctors’ skills and expertise could be needed at any time.

José, who has been a doctor in southern México state for 10 years and and has been kidnapped by criminal groups at least four times, told the newspaper Milenio that he left Ciudad Altamirano, Guerrero – also in the Tierra Caliente region – precisely to escape the kind of violence he continues to see."

The area where these doctors have been abducted is pretty close to where Jessy was. I hope this means he will be returned safely. I wonder how much “expertise” one gets just from new school - don’t they learn more of then hands on stuff after med school, during their residency? I’m not a doctor, obviously, so I don’t know how much clinical experience they get during their first four years.

They get very little clinical experience in med school alone. That's what doing an internship and residency are all about. He wouldn't be qualified to do any sort of surgical procedure, at this point it's all "book knowledge". I hate to say it but I doubt the cartels just let these doctors go when they are done with them.

They get very little clinical experience in med school alone. That's what doing an internship and residency are all about. He wouldn't be qualified to do any sort of surgical procedure, at this point it's all "book knowledge". I hate to say it but I doubt the cartels just let these doctors go when they are done with them.
Upthread there is a post that quotes a doctor who was kidnapped several times and released. He finally relocated. I worry about Jessy though, mainly because they killed his friend, also an American.

A little more info here, some conflicting (puzzling). Precisely - his friend was beaten and shot when leaving the bar, yet his body was found a block away. I take that as he was shot and was able to get a block away before he collapsed and died, and that he never got into the Uber. Only an opinion.

Also, the 2 men stayed later then other friends and were with women (unidentified). Other businesses closed up after the confrontation so as not to have to provided info to authorities. I'm sure there is fear of retaliation for anyone who talks. JMO

Medical school student missing after graduation in Mexico, family says

"He attended the university's medical school for two and a half years but finished his residency in Arkansas, returning to Mexico to retrieve his diploma, said Francine Solis, his cousin's wife.

On Saturday night, Pacheco went out with a group of friends, Francine Solis said. Authorities believe Pacheco's disappearance and his friend's murder occurred in the Providencia neighborhood of Guadalajara on Saturday, according to a statement from the Jalisco State Prosecutor's Office."

"Pacheco's friend, identified by authorities as Carlos Alejandro Delgadillo Romero, was approached by a group of people as he left a club who beat him and shot him several times with an AK-47, killing him, Solis Gomez said.

Delgadillo Romero was found shot in the head a few blocks from the club, his family told ABC affiliate KHBS in Fort Smith, Arkansas. The 26-year-old was a California native and also a student of the university, Mexican newspaper Milenio reported.

There is no evidence that a fight occurred at the club where Pacheco and his friends celebrated, Solis Gomez said."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back