MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, shooting at Oxford High School, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents*

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Without specifically referencing that incident, a second post on Nov. 12 assured "there has been no threat to our building nor our students."

"We are aware of the numerous rumors that have been circulating throughout our building this week. We understand that has created some concern for students and parents," the administrators wrote. "Please know that we have reviewed every concern shared with us and investigated all information provided. Some rumors have evolved from an incident last week, while others do not appear to have any connection. Student interpretations of social media posts and false information have exacerbated the overall concern."
3 students have been killed in a shooting at a Michigan high school

"Without specifically referencing that incident, a second post on Nov. 12 assured "there has been no threat to our building nor our students."

"We are aware of the numerous rumors that have been circulating throughout our building this week. We understand that has created some concern for students and parents," the administrators wrote. "Please know that we have reviewed every concern shared with us and investigated all information provided. Some rumors have evolved from an incident last week, while others do not appear to have any connection. Student interpretations of social media posts and false information have exacerbated the overall concern."
It seems like some things were not investigated. MOO

It is both good and terrible that those students paid attention during active shooter drills and did not open the door.
Wow, the only drill we had when I was in school was a fire drill. I'm so sad for today's school children that they had to have an active shooter drill. As a grandparent, I watched with joy that our children's worlds were improving with each new technology, instead of land lines, portable phones and now smart phones, all the new improvements to our lives that our parents didn't have. But, with all the improvements to make our lives better, it seems we have regressed back to a rougher society. I see the comments on social media, and news articles. So many are not kind anymore? Is this influencing children at a young age to become less caring? Only MOO.

Oxford Community Schools closed for rest of week after 3 killed, 8 injured in shooting at high school
''Common Ground has made a crisis helpline available 24/7 for those impacted. You can call: 1-800-231-1127.

“Our school community is grieving a most horrific tragedy as an active shooter opened fire at Oxford High School at approximately 1 p.m. today (Nov. 30). We are devastated to share that three of our precious students have lost their lives. Seven students and one staff member have been injured and are being treated for their injuries.

As we face the unimaginable, we are grateful for the swift action of our first responders. The suspect was apprehended by Oakland County Sherriff’s Department and is in custody. Our school community will need everyone’s most sincere support during this tragic time.

All schools in the district, including OELC, will be closed for the remainder of the week. The District crisis team is currently gathering to implement our response plan to support everyone in need in our school community.More details will be sent as they become available. A 24/7 Resource and Crisis Helpline/Text/Chat is on hand now for anyone who would like to speak with professionally trained Helpline volunteers from Common Ground at 1-800-231-1127.”

Oxford Community Schools''

Wow, the only drill we had when I was in school was a fire drill. I'm so sad for today's school children that they had to have an active shooter drill. As a grandparent, I watched with joy that our children's worlds were improving with each new technology, instead of land lines, portable phones and now smart phones, all the new improvements to our lives that our parents didn't have. But, with all the improvements to make our lives better, it seems we have regressed back to a rougher society. I see the comments on social media, and news articles. So many are not kind anymore? Is this influencing children at a young age to become less caring? Only MOO.

I couldn’t agree more - while technology has made things “easier”, the use of screens/constant information/social media seems to be destroying our youth. I have teens, and I regret not being more vigilant with their use of technology. Maybe things were not investigated as thoroughly as they should have been in hindsight, but unwinding these kids’ posts/messages/snaps has to be a nightmare for LE and school administrators.

Wow. That certainly didn't age well. Sigh.

This is my neighborhood, I live in Lake Orion which is right next door to Oxford we are both small communities almost one in the same. We have many Oxford friends. I am heartbroken and cannot stop crying, I keep hearing from my mom friends whose children are starting to have reality set in. The after effects will be long lasting. I am attaching a letter my son's school sent out today shortly after the news broke. Please pray for my friends and and all of Oxford #oxfordstrong

Attachments

• Gmail - LOCS Update_Redacted.pdf
    976.1 KB · Views: 70
I hope we find out who the owner of this weapon is and why they weren’t responsible for it and let it end up at that school. Gun owners, such as I am, should own the responsibility for them.
I’m at the point where I don’t even care about a motive or the ins and outs of this, the results are the same.

Michigan school shooting: Student kills three and wounds eight
rbbm.
''A police officer stationed at the school helped to arrest the suspect, he said. No shots were fired during the arrest, and the teenager was not injured.

"He gave up without any problems," said Mr McCabe, who later added that the suspect had been in class before the shooting began.

The school was evacuated, and officials conducted three separate sweeps of the campus to ensure that there were no additional victims.

Two of the injured were undergoing surgery, while the other six were in a stable condition with gunshot wounds.

In the news conference, officials said the suspect had so far refused to speak and was "not co-operating".

He added that the suspect had been told by his parents not to talk to police and that a search was being conducted of the pupil's home.''

I hope we find out who the owner of this weapon is and why they weren’t responsible for it and let it end up at that school. Gun owners, such as I am, should own the responsibility for them.
I’m at the point where I don’t even care about a motive or the ins and outs of this, the results are the same.

Amen.

Guns need to respected, and treated carefully, and responsibly. JMO.

ribm.
Three students shot dead, eight people wounded at Michigan high school; suspect arrested
''Student A. H. told the Detroit Free Press she was in chemistry class when she heard the sound of glass breaking.

"My teacher kind of ran out and was scrambling," H., 15, told the newspaper. "The next thing I knew I saw he was pushing tables. It's part of school protocol to barricade, so we all knew, barricade, barricade down. And we all started pushing tables."

McCabe praised the school for its preparation for a shooting and an orderly evacuation.

The shooting underscored how students must decide when to emerge from shelter once the gunfire stops.''

McCabe also said “He said he was aware of allegations circulating on social media that there had been threats of a shooting at the roughly 1,700-student school prior to Tuesday's attack, but he cautioned against believing that narrative until investigators can look into it.”

So which is it? Rather contradictory IMO.

1. They have investigated all information provided; false information exacerbated the concern.

-or-

2. They caution against believing the narrative until investigators look into it.

McCabe also said “He said he was aware of allegations circulating on social media that there had been threats of a shooting at the roughly 1,700-student school prior to Tuesday's attack, but he cautioned against believing that narrative until investigators can look into it.”

So which is it? Rather contradictory IMO.

1. They have investigated all information provided; false information exacerbated the concern.

-or-

2. They caution against believing the narrative until investigators look into it.

I pity whoever has to trek thru and sort out what is surely a mess of information, true and false, on local SM.

My friends granddaughter is one of the 3 that passed away. She would have graduated this year.

I know somebody thru music that lives near the shooter and says it is swamped with police.

Myself and I’m sure many of us here are sincerely sad for your friends granddaughters death. It is truly bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123