Found Deceased MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019 #2

Timeline:
“In mid-October, Quintal had traveled from Warren to the family cabin, about 255 miles northwest of Detroit.

At 2:34 a.m. on Oct. 17, authorities said a family friend received a phone call from Quintal, during which Quintal said she exchanged gunfire with two men, according to a release from the Benzie County Sheriff's Office.

During the phone call, which lasted 4 minutes, 27 seconds, Quintal told the friend that she had shot one of the men in the face and the other one was shooting at her, the department said. Quintal asked the friend to call the police for her and gave an address of 2900 Indian Hill Road in Honor.

The Benzie County Central Dispatch received a 911 transfer at 2:42 a.m. from Michigan State Police. Sheriff's deputy arrived on scene and realized they received the wrong address and quickly dispatched to the 4900 block of Indian Hill Road.

State police and sheriff's deputies arrived at that address at 3:15 a.m. and searched the area, the department said.”
Body of missing Southfield woman found near cabin in northern Michigan

November 9th Benzie County Sheriff’s Office press release (“UPDATE”):
http://www.mibsar.com/Cases/Quintal/BCSO110919release.jpg

October 18th BCSO press release:
http://www.mibsar.com/Cases/Quintal/BCSO101819release.jpg

Yeah, as soon as we heard the details of what law enforcement found in that cabin, I think most of us thought the same.

I actually thought she would have made it a little further than she did, but would be in that general area.

Just glad they found her now, as I thought it might take until closer to spring.

what did they find in the cabin?

The water that's on family land less than a mile from there, and flows towards her plot, is spring fed, and bitterly cold all year. On the farm, a plate is lowered to block the tube under a foot bridge, and the water pumped to irrigate the berries. Having to reach in it is unpleasant, and falling in could easily be disorienting, esp if in an ASOC already.

what is 'ASOC'?

First off, I feel so sorry for the family that they are having to go thru this. But also glad that they can have a little sense of closure.
A couple questions....was her body found near the old white cabin or the green one that had the bullet holes in the windows? Second, if it was a drug induced incident, would the drugs still be in her system 2 months later at the time of the autopsy or would they be out of her system?

This never gets easier to read about these outcomes. :(

Even though many posters here assumed this outcome, I couldn't help but feel a wave of shock as I found out she had been found deceased. I was still sadly hoping for her to be found alive....

I am relieved to hear that Ada has been found, but of course so sad for her loved ones.

Whatever happened to her, we will likely never know.
The most important thing is that her family can now say goodbye to her and at least have the comfort of knowing she will be laid to rest in peace.

JMO

@indicolite22
Is this a fact? Please provide link to source.
There has never been any evidence to indicate anyone else was there.

They found multiple bullet holes in a window and searched for an injured person or evidence of an injured person. They forced entry into the cabin, but found no one inside.

They found no blood or evidence of someone who had been hurt in or around the cabin. But they found evidence suggesting multiple shots were fired from inside the cabin to the outside.
Mystery deepens on Southfield mom missing from northern Michigan cabin

“[SBM]

[Adrienne Quintal] disappeared after a panicked phone call to a friend on Oct. 17, saying she was in a shootout with two men.

Quintal’s family has been searching for any sign of her in nine weeks since then.

Her sister Jenny Bryson says ‘As a family we have been turning every stone, looking everywhere for her.’

On Saturday, the family was canoeing down the Platte River on their 40 acres of land and discovered a body submerged in water.

‘My husband and my brother-in-law found her, but we were all there. We were all there so she wasn’t by herself,’ explains Bryson.

Although her sister Jenny Bryson has identified the body as her sister Ada, the Benzie County Sheriff’s Department has not confirmed it.

[SBM]”
Adrienne Quintal's Family Speaks Out After Discovering Body in Platte River - 9 & 10 News

“[SBM]

[Adrienne Quintal] disappeared after a panicked phone call to a friend on Oct. 17, saying she was in a shootout with two men.

Quintal’s family has been searching for any sign of her in nine weeks since then.

Her sister Jenny Bryson says ‘As a family we have been turning every stone, looking everywhere for her.’

On Saturday, the family was canoeing down the Platte River on their 40 acres of land and discovered a body submerged in water.

‘My husband and my brother-in-law found her, but we were all there. We were all there so she wasn’t by herself,’ explains Bryson.

Although her sister Jenny Bryson has identified the body as her sister Ada, the Benzie County Sheriff’s Department has not confirmed it.

[SBM]”
Adrienne Quintal's Family Speaks Out After Discovering Body in Platte River - 9 & 10 News

That’s so sad. And at the same time that’s some brave stuff, especially this time of year. Ada and her family can rest knowing that they didn’t give up.

There has never been any evidence to indicate anyone else was there.

They found multiple bullet holes in a window and searched for an injured person or evidence of an injured person. They forced entry into the cabin, but found no one inside.

They found no blood or evidence of someone who had been hurt in or around the cabin. But they found evidence suggesting multiple shots were fired from inside the cabin to the outside.
Mystery deepens on Southfield mom missing from northern Michigan cabin

BBM
I don’t think there has been any media that has stated that there was no one else there, to date. The article you linked also mentioned police had three theories, one of which included abduction, which would presumably mean that it has not yet been ruled out no one else was there.

Additionally, it said:

There were about a half-dozen bullet holes, including one in the ceiling, Sheriff's Detective Lt. Troy Lamerson told the Free Press. He said a portion of the ceiling rafter was cut out to retrieve a spent bullet. A driver's side window of the vehicle Quintal was driving also was struck, he said.

Lamerson said there were casings around the outside of the cabin from what appeared to be multiple guns, with some casings older and rusty and others newer. He said authorities are awaiting results of ballistics tests.

Lamerson said the vehicle was registered to Quintal's boyfriend, who has been at the cabin with Quintal but left in another vehicle that he owned two days earlier to return to metro Detroit.

Lamerson said Quintal tried to call two other people, who he declined to identify, prior to calling the family friend. He said the family friend told police she heard multiple gunshots in the background while on the phone with Quintal.

Ada was found in closed proximity to cabin, no evidence that someone was shooting at her, she shot from the inside, dog not harmed, belongings left at cabin/ on roof - leads y9u to think a mental/drug break. She was on drugs, hallucinating, and took off into woods. She was high and out of it, she never realized she was in water and could possible drown. She never knew that. People who are high are not in real time reality. They do not feel the cold water temps, or pain in feet running barefoot through brush etc.

@indicolite22
Is this a fact? Please provide link to source.
If someone was shot in the face outside the cabin, blood would be found. If someone was shooting into the cabin, bullet holes consistent with that would be found. Due to lack of such evidence, it is my logical conclusion that those did not happen. I made no claim that nobody else was there, but it would be quite a coincidence if she was hallucinating AND was attacked.

Ada was found in closed proximity to cabin, no evidence that someone was shooting at her, she shot from the inside, dog not harmed, belongings left at cabin/ on roof - leads y9u to think a mental/drug break. She was on drugs, hallucinating, and took off into woods. She was high and out of it, she never realized she was in water and could possible drown. She never knew that. People who are high are not in real time reality. They do not feel the cold water temps, or pain in feet running barefoot through brush etc.
This may all be true, but it is opinion without a source. Inappropriate to state as a fact, and very disrespectful to her family who may be on here.

If someone was shot in the face outside the cabin, blood would be found. If someone was shooting into the cabin, bullet holes consistent with that would be found. Due to lack of such evidence, it is my logical conclusion that those did not happen. I made no claim that nobody else was there, but it would be quite a coincidence if she was hallucinating AND was attacked.

Thanks. Prior statement did not include any indication of this being your opinion/logical conclusion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back