Found Deceased MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019 #2

From the official family FB page (I believe we can post this) post by her sister~Adrienne Quintal- Missing In Northern Michigan
The dogs did not find Ada in the woods around the cabin today. The trail dogs did pick up her scent (almost 8 weeks later) from the cabin to her hunting blind, but no cadaver dog hits. I was very impressed at the methodical searches that took place. Lots of technology, very organized, and SUPER caring search teams....(cont)
So this is really interesting. What it seems to tell me is that the trail dogs are very capable to be able to pick up that scent after the difficult weather and much time passing. I wonder if they got any scent around the cabin near where her gun or the ladder was and if so where it ended. In the news article here Cadaver dogs, volunteers scour 1,000 acres of woods to search for Adrienne the sheriff seems to be implying that if the cadaver dogs don't get any hits here then they will be ruling out the possible "medical event causing her to run out into the woods" theory.

From the Detroit Free Press article (Nov 23):
The friend tried to get Quintal's address and called her back after calling police, Quintal's sister said, but the call went right to voice mail.

Mystery deepens on Southfield mom missing from northern Michigan cabin

BBM. Could time of the second call be estimated? It seems that by then Adrienne left her phone or was unable to pick up. Would the call going straight to voicemail necessarily mean that the phone was turned off? Would she have done that? Did the police find it off?

Finally caught up on this thread.

I keep going back to the progression of things.
Her getting with this new guy, the changes in her afterwards, the altercation where it was felt he didn’t protect her, her attempting to sell her condo, adopting a dog, going up north and disappearing. It all sounds like someone running away from danger and trying to protect themselves.

I wonder if that altercation where she received a broken nose and head injury wasn’t more involved than she made it seem? Did she not share all the details of this with her family for one reason or another? Maybe to protect the boyfriend? Or to protect the family from knowing too much about something that could possibly put them in danger?
Did she owe money? Is that why she was selling her place? Or maybe she was selling it to get away from some danger?

One scenario could be that she and her bf or just the bf got into some trouble and were in over their heads. The altercation happened because of this but wasn’t the end. More threats, causing her to get the dog for protection and sell the place because it wasn’t safe to stay there anymore or to pay off some debt owed to someone dangerous.
The threats increase and they need to leave town, so they head up north to the cabin. Maybe repairs did need to be made but the reason for volunteering could have been to get away for a bit.
They get to the cabin and try and fix things while off the grid. They get a call from this person who maybe threatens to do harm to someone in the family if they don’t show so the bf decides to head back to work things out with the people they owe.
He shows but things don’t work out and they threaten to kill him and press him on where she is. He tells and then avoids her calls or can’t answer because he is being held or in hiding. Ada is taken and he either stays in hiding or is held against his will and finally let go. He knows what happened to her and who but knows better than to talk.

Finally caught up on this thread.

One scenario could be that she and her bf or just the bf got into some trouble and were in over their heads. The altercation happened because of this but wasn’t the end. More threats, causing her to get the dog for protection and sell the place because it wasn’t safe to stay there anymore or to pay off some debt owed to someone dangerous.
The threats increase and they need to leave town, so they head up north to the cabin. Maybe repairs did need to be made but the reason for volunteering could have been to get away for a bit.
They get to the cabin and try and fix things while off the grid. They get a call from this person who maybe threatens to do harm to someone in the family if they don’t show so the bf decides to head back to work things out with the people they owe.
He shows but things don’t work out and they threaten to kill him and press him on where she is. He tells and then avoids her calls or can’t answer because he is being held or in hiding. Ada is taken and he either stays in hiding or is held against his will and finally let go. He knows what happened to her and who but knows better than to talk.
I think that what you propose here is likely pretty accurate. I think that the two goons that assaulted Ada in the summer were now pressuring her not to testify against the one person that was arrested and now out on bail. I think they were safe at the cabin. I think that when Lundy went home, he was confronted and gave up Ada's location. If I am correct, I think that it is highly unlikely that Ada will ever be found. I believe these people are seasoned criminals and that they have disposed of her somewhere far away and very rural.

All MOO.

Investigators postpone search for missing Southfield woman, Adrienne Quintal, until spring

A search over the weekend in Northern Michigan turned up nothing for Adrienne Quintal, who is missing out of Southfield.

Teams with cadaver dogs searched 100 acres for the missing 47-year-old woman, who was last seen two months ago at her family’s cabin in Honor, Mich.

[...]

Investigators aren’t planning to search for her again until the spring due to anticipated bad weather in the area.

I have a general question for the "long time" members here...what prompts one to join a forum such as this?
Clearly, some of us are here because we know Adrienne. But, what about those that don't and that are on Websleuths regularly?
I think generally wanting to help and usually, I believe, media reports on one big story that we're interested in. In my case it was a combination of the brutality of the Jayme Closs case along with some local long standing cases that were never solved from when I was a kid. I hate two things... 1. criminals getting by with murder/abduction, etc. 2. families not knowing if their missing family member is alive or dead.

I have a general question for the "long time" members here...what prompts one to join a forum such as this?
Clearly, some of us are here because we know Adrienne. But, what about those that don't and that are on Websleuths regularly?
My reason for being on here is to attempt to intuit info and make connections (because that I a gift that I have) in the hopes of helping to provide info that solves a case.
Mostly, I just care about others and feel for families and friends of the missing.

For me, I absolutely can’t stand for people to be missing. People should never just be missing. It makes me crazy and is what brought me to WS. It’s a small thing to come on here and brainstorm/hash things out with other people, but it’s something and you never know when it can help find someone or solve a case. I’m always impressed with the integrity of posters here and the site in general.

For me its more like a hobby. I've always been good at finding things. In my home, my wife or two kids will misplace something and look for it all day long. I will walk in to the house and find the item in a matter of minutes. I've also been interested in true crime mysteries for many years. Why? because if you simply ignore the craziness in this world, you are more apt to be a victim of it.

I've been a crime/death hag since I was about 11 or 12 & my mom let me watch Helter Skelter with her.

Although I live in the UK now, I grew up in SE MI in a very outdoorsy family. Our extended family had a cabin on Houghton Lake , so Adrienne's case has many things that I find very familiar. We're in the same age group, too. Some cases just strike a chord.

WS has many thoughtful, intelligent posters. Trying to follow cases on other platforms is just impossible. So hard to wade through rumor, fact, imaginations working overtime.

**Side note**
I use "death/crime hag" in a dark humor sort of way. It would be kind of weird to call yourself a true crime "fan" & follower sounds cult-ish.

I think that what you propose here is likely pretty accurate. I think that the two goons that assaulted Ada in the summer were now pressuring her not to testify against the one person that was arrested and now out on bail. I think they were safe at the cabin. I think that when Lundy went home, he was confronted and gave up Ada's location. If I am correct, I think that it is highly unlikely that Ada will ever be found. I believe these people are seasoned criminals and that they have disposed of her somewhere far away and very rural.

All MOO.
"".......2 goons ......out on bail.........testifying against one goon........seasoned criminals..."
All painting a doom and gloom end for dear Adrienne. Possible-probable? Si, praying she beat them to the punch and Lundy put her first. Is waterboarding legal?

They searched 10% of the intended area, which certainly doesn't "rule out" anything. Ugh.

That there is a motion light on the end of the cabin where she possibly went out the window, helps the abduction theory. Perp(s) sees light come on, she's out of ammo and not very big, possible back troubles, easy to grab and go. It's still a distant second, on my list, but the lightbulb came on *eyeroll* when I re-watched the sister's comments on the podcast.

I still haven't seen anything on the Summer assault that makes it look anything more than a drunk gal getting socked. Noses are not hard to break, and no mention of plates or other repairs to orbital socket.

Making ends meet can be tough without a job, but SSI, a generous ex, odd jobs, lots of things on the good side of the law.

""Is waterboarding legal?
Sometimes you wish it was. Its very frustrating that the key to this puzzle rests with someone like Lundy. If he were to speak up, chances are Ada could be found by the end of the day. Its a shame that even the vilest of criminals have the same rights as the rest of us.

They searched 10% of the intended area, which certainly doesn't "rule out" anything. Ugh.

First off, I have to shake my head at the police department down there. She's been missing since Oct 17, and they decide to start an extensive search on December 7th? Why haven't they been searching since October?

That said, I really doubt that she is out there. It would have been treacherous out there in the middle of the night, especially for someone not familiar with the terrain. I believe that she was abducted and driven to another location, possibly out of the state. Why dump a body where you know they will be looking for it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back