MI MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Oct 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fred&edna

fred&edna Simply convoluted

Ladder is worrisome... Someone could have been hiding in the attic and someone else outside cabin? Or it was just one person who was outside and used the ladder to access the attic. If it someone who knew her well then it seems they would likely know she was armed before approaching the house. As sister reports she always carried her gun. And that seems risky to any possible perp.

I keep trying to imagine the scenario.

Looloo, Flicka1, Steph8angels and 6 others like this.

2. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

I wondered about this, too. Was the gun deliberately hidden outdoors, or was it tossed haphazardly on the ground? By whom? Hopefully, there are fingerprints on the handgun that will provide evidence about who handled the gun.

jash, bradfordsleuth, Flicka1 and 7 others like this.
  3. bykerladi

bykerladi Well-Known Member

There was a case a few years ago where a guy would rent a cabin to unsuspecting visitors and then break into the attic and kill them in their sleep.

4. FlossyMay

FlossyMay Well-Known Member

:eek::eek::eek:

5. TrutherSleuther

TrutherSleuther Well-Known Member

At first when the sister said the gun was covered by leaves, it sounded as if it were hidden deliberately. Then I got to thinking that if someone did go up on the roof to get to Ada, then the gun could have fallen off the roof during a struggle. BUT in the interview, her sister starts talking about how the weather was during those days and mentions that the leaves were still on the trees, so I find it hard to believe that there were enough leaves that a 9mm could be dropped and hidden in the leaves accidentally. MOO.

Flicka1, Denisedyann, Knox and 3 others like this.
  6. fred&edna

True. I can't remember how the trees (around the home) looked in the news video at the time she disappeared.

I keep coming back to the mental break theory I posted earlier today... But reports from LE suggest foul play. It's been several weeks... Wish she could be found.

jash, Flicka1, Steph8angels and 4 others like this.
  7. eanspratt

eanspratt Well-Known Member

Ada said that she was in a gunfight, there is no evidence this is true. Ada said that she shot someone in the face, there is no evidence to substantiate this. Ada claimed that she saw a cougar, a cougar sighting in Michigan’s lower peninsula is so extremely rare that it seems to me that her reporting the sighting does no more than confirm that she was delusional.

jash, J@cknsal1y, Flicka1 and 10 others like this.
  8. Lucyray

Lucyray Well-Known Member

I've no idea really, but just want to say she could have thought she saw a cougar, but in fact might have seen a bobcat, or a dog. Correct about cougar being pretty remote possibility. Also, probably coyote around..I'm an hour north and we have all of the above here. (Excepting the cougar..)(that I know of!)

9. eanspratt

Ada was a woman that was no stranger to the outdoors. I feel that she would know the difference between a cougar and a bobcat.

10. cabff

cabff Well-Known Member

Clarification: she had usually stayed at the white cabin but was staying in the green/tan (ish) cabin this time. Sorry, that initial comment was a bit muddled!

11. Bird72

Bird72 Member

With it being 1:30 a.m. and extremely dark out at that time of night, how was she able to tell that it was a cougar?

Flicka1, Lucyray, rainynights and 6 others like this.
  12. tabitha111

tabitha111 Well-Known Member

dbm

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    Flicka1, cabff, happyday and 2 others like this.
  13. cabff

cabff Well-Known Member

It was a male. that i
    It was a male. Both Adrienne and her bf were injured and went to the hospital. There was a report filed.

MrsM, jash, J@cknsal1y and 26 others like this.
  14. FlossyMay

FlossyMay Well-Known Member

Do the police still think this is foul play? Or have they changed their minds? I would think if they were looking in other directions now, they would say so. This is what gives me pause about a mental break.

15. tabitha111

tabitha111 Well-Known Member

I think my hunch was wrong AND POI deleted or hid his fb that I was reading last night...hmmmm….someone reading here? Hello!! MOO

jash, J@cknsal1y, Flicka1 and 9 others like this.
  16. fred&edna

jash, J@cknsal1y, Flicka1 and 15 others like this.
  17. eanspratt

You have an excellent point. I have been wondering why the search has not been ongoing. The weather would permit a search to continue so why has it not?

18. mynoyb

mynoyb Well-Known Member

I saw it earlier this afternoon but went back and it was no longer visible. Hmmmm is right!

jash, J@cknsal1y, Flicka1 and 13 others like this.
  19. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

Good point. During the interview on the podcast, Ada's sister said that all the lights in the cabin were on and that someone could see into the cabin, but she didn't think that anyone could see what was outside the cabin.

jash, Flicka1, Moonracer and 6 others like this.
  20. gossheather77

gossheather77 Dogmom77

it just disappeared now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.