MI MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO - it was late, many people have closed up their cabins for the winter... Maybe someone thought they could break in (although she had a vehicle there, which I would think would deter someone). Startled she grabs her gun and shoots perp #1. She calls for help, runs up to roof and takes her boots off to make less noise? She's caught or worse, prep #2 takes both bodies (dead or alive) with them when they leave, before cops arrive. All theory in my head. I feel if she did shoot someone in the face, the second perp took that person with them.

However, drugs make people do unthinkable things. If she was on drugs, alone in the woods at night... Maybe she was hallucinating and if that is the case, she's out there somewhere and with the freezing weather - it's not looking good. If someone did try to break in or rob her and knew who she was, that opens another can of worms. Was she involved in making or selling drugs!?

Again, all my theories and speculation. I keep hoping for a positive outcome on this one, but as time goes on.... ☹️
I wonder if perhaps she didnt forage for mushrooms or berries and misidentified something and had a reaction.

One has to consider that the apparent circumstance of AQ's disappearance is staged. Perhaps AQ was long gone when her cell phone called the friend from the cabin. The friend is a big mystery to WS and hope LE knows more. Obviously why not just call 911 instead of the relay? So AQ is disappeared and likely not by her own option or hand. AQ is removed from the cabin. The shots are made from inside the house. The phone call is made by a female voice imitating AQ to the "friend" for relay to authorities. The boots and cell are tossed on the roof. LE arrives. Initial assumption are that AQ has just left.

the cabin and surrounding woods give me the creeps. I’m from up North, been to MI a kabillion. Times. Never got these eebeegeebee feelings. I’m a thousand miles away. Goosebump chills. Not a good feeling.

I wonder if it’s just as simple as they initially treated it exactly as it seemed at first glance. A reported desperate phone call to a friend about intruders and a shoot-out and subsequent 911 call, evidence of foul play (bullet holes in house) and a missing woman. Not finding her nearby would make one think she has been taken, and LE would be obligated to follow that line of thinking even if they were not convinced.

Maybe further testing of bullet holes indicating inside to outside shooting only and no blood or evidence of anyone shot on the property is leading them exactly where some of us are now thinking—that she imagined the shoot-out and ran off to hide in the woods. She could be further than they searched before or in water, and I’m very glad they’re planning on bringing dogs for more searching out there.

I think the weather is supposed to get worse before it gets better unfortunately.
Do you think her son or boyfriend would leave her alone if she had mental health issues? I wouldn’t stay anywhere that desolate and isolated by myself. Not today. Not fifty years ago. I wonder why she wanted solitude. That clearly, during hunting season. Maybe none of the males liked the sport. Son stated getting into the wild life thing. I presumed listening for deer or ducks. Whatever. No question dead silence you’d hear animals.
I’ve had a really bad feeling since I first read the article.

Good point about the finger prints, probably LE already knows about any prints on the gun.

Do you mean the Lam woman whose body was found on the water tank on the roof of the hotel in LA (not NYC)? I still tend to think that someone hoid the body in the water tank and the death was not the product of a mental health or drug intoxication issue.

Best outcome is if AQ is alive and wanted a clean escape and had help. In this case the potential crime scene would also be staged. Who knows as yet? Weird now.

yes, my memory isn't so great. it was a hotel in LA.
it was portrayed as some sort of mania at one point, but who knows.

AQ's case is all sorts of confusing. I pray for the best outcome but it is ominous.

Detroit Free Press
Article posted by Detroit free press
Some interesting comments
One that caught my eye especially, and fits in with some of the drug related theories.
comment posted 12 hours ago by a poster with the initials KK, interesting comment is a reply to that one posted 10 hours ago by a poster with the initials AP

Do you think her son or boyfriend would leave her alone if she had mental health issues? I wouldn’t stay anywhere that desolate and isolated by myself. Not today. Not fifty years ago. I wonder why she wanted solitude. That clearly, during hunting season. Maybe none of the males liked the sport. Son stated getting into the wild life thing. I presumed listening for deer or ducks. Whatever. No question dead silence you’d hear animals.
I’ve had a really bad feeling since I first read the article.

I have seen normal people get delusional and hallucinate or start talking much more defensive and aggressive after some imbalance like very high WBC, pancreatic issues, drug use like LSD and PCP, and I have 2nd hand knowledge of people eating edible thc causing mania. There is the old faithful alcohol issues also. i have seen people interact like normal and even convince a relative that another relative was in a wreck and to "come with me" only for them to quickly realize they are in a car driven by someone having a severe mental issue. Police have drawn down and killed people with a diabetic issue or high blood ammonia level because they became threatening.
It is sad but I am leaning towards mania playing a huge role in this case.

Adrienne Quintal had shootout with 2 men before disappearance from cabin up north

Adrienne Quintal had shootout with 2 men before disappearance from cabin up north
[QUOTE]According to investigators, the family friend received a call from Quintal that lasted 4 minutes as 27 seconds. That call involved details about a shootout with two men and Quintal. According to police, Quintal told her friend that she had shot one of the men in the face and that the other man was returning fire. Quintal then asked the family friend to contact police.
When Benzie County Sheriff's Deputies arrived at 4900 Indian Hill Road at 3:15 a.m., they found several bullet holes in the window of the cabin. They searched the area around the cabin for evidence of any injured person but found nothing. Authorities add no blood was found, however, there was evidence of shots being fired from inside the cabin to the outside.
[/QUOTE]
Bbm

Detroit Free Press
Article posted by Detroit free press
Some interesting comments
One that caught my eye especially, and fits in with some of the drug related theories.
comment posted 12 hours ago by a poster with the initials KK, interesting comment is a reply to that one posted 10 hours ago by a poster with the initials AP
Thanks. I just read the comment. Surprised there wasn't more responses to it- might have been a troll, too, that love to just stir the pot. Who knows?

[QUOTE]According to investigators, the family friend received a call from Quintal that lasted 4 minutes as 27 seconds. That call involved details about a shootout with two men and Quintal. According to police, Quintal told her friend that she had shot one of the men in the face and that the other man was returning fire. Quintal then asked the family friend to contact police.
When Benzie County Sheriff's Deputies arrived at 4900 Indian Hill Road at 3:15 a.m., they found several bullet holes in the window of the cabin. They searched the area around the cabin for evidence of any injured person but found nothing. Authorities add no blood was found, however, there was evidence of shots being fired from inside the cabin to the outside.

Seeing that LE hasn't found a body of someone shot in the face, I'm going to hold out hope that this was a hallucination on her part. No blood, either.

I wonder why LE thought foul play was involved in the beginning? Do they still believe this?

The firing of bullets in the cabin is intriguing. Was the door open, by any chance? Any sign of breaking and entering, or was the door closed?

The same phone that she called a family friend from ended up on the roof with her boots- was she already up on the roof, when she made the call? Where in tarnation could she have disappeared to, in such a short period of time? She'd have to come down from the roof somehow and would leave footprints, right? Any dragging marks, showing her struggling with someone?

I wonder if there was other tire marks from another vehicle. Fresh footprints that didn't match up to hers.

It just seems strange that when LE arrived, there wasn't some sort of trace of her- yet she did make the call to the family friend. I wonder why she didn't call LE on her own, instead of wasting time, calling the friend to do it? That's what I don't understand and makes me lean towards her hallucinating and taking off on her own, somewhere in the woods.

There is one thing, though, that does make me question about her hallucinating or being manic, if you will- usually, when someone is in that state, they're not prone to be quiet- if anything, they're more chatty, talk faster and louder, paranoid, even hysterical. So if she ran out in the woods, I just don't picture her not being found, as usually they aren't quiet when they are in such a state- they talk to themselves or who they perceive to be there, scream, plead, some laugh.

This really has me perplexed.

Well there was a gal who got lost in the woods for a month or so a few years back. She finally showed up naked, filthy and much thinner. IIRC it was all due to meth. I think that happened in Alabama.

What I learned years ago from hanging around here was we never know what LE has and doesn’t have. They are not prone to letting the public in on their investigation or what they are working or how much they are working it.

ive learned they have a lot more doing in then we realize. It’s only after an arrest and a PC, do we know how on the ball they were and how awesome their investigation really was. IMO

What I learned years ago from hanging around here was we never know what LE has and doesn’t have. They are not prone to letting the public in on their investigation or what they are working or how much they are working it.

ive learned they have a lot more doing in then we realize. It’s only after an arrest and a PC, do we know how on the ball they were and how awesome their investigation really was. IMO
Take what happened here for instance. Most of us were sold on this being foul play.

Little did we know, but law enforcement had a lot of information that completely changed the narrative.

Take what happened here for instance. Most of us were sold on this being foul play.

Little did we know, but law enforcement had a lot of information that completely changed the narrative.
Exactly, and what else I learned here was that much of the “facts” reported in the beginning turn out to not be true, but we sleuthed them anyway since we don’t know which ones are and which aren’t, so we play with them all ad nauseum, until the case takes shape and the correct information gets out to us. IME

I don't think anybody here has theorized that AQ made the call under duress. Perhaps the boyfriend decided he was going to kill her, and knowing that he'd be a suspect, he concocts this scenario. He fires a few shots through the window using her gun, then he has her phone a friend at gun point. Apparently the friend was the fourth person called (first 3 didn't answer), so why didn't she call 911? Presumably she had to give the friend the address? Why was it incorrect?

Some might think that she might not have wanted police involvement due to drug use, however she instructs the friend to call the police. IMO the phone call is a ruse designed to mislead LE. The premiss is that two men are shooting at her, a very dire and urgent situation. But, she has already attempted three other calls, and when she finally gets hold of someone, she has almost a 5 minute conversation, and she gives the wrong address to boot. If she was honestly in peril, or believed she was in peril due to mental illness or drug use, she would have called 911. Whoever may have forced her to make that call would have not wanted the call to be recorded for analysis.

IMO this new information changes nothing. The shootout obviously never happened, so was it delusional or was it staging?

Ada was added to NAMUS: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original
Original

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact October 17, 2019
NamUs Case Created November 8, 2019
Last Known Location Map
Location Honor, Michigan 49640
Benzie County

Circumstances of Disappearance
Adrienne Evelyn Quintal (aka ADA) was last known to be at a residence on Indian Hill Rd in Benzie County where she made a phone call to a family friend asking for assistance. Upon Police arrival, Adrienne Quintal could not be located

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong