MI MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been all over the map with this one, from mental break, to voluntary, to abduction, to staged.

I keep circling around to the assault this summer and how that's not really been detailed in any articles. Where did it happen? How many people were involved? And the b/f didn't protect her and was also injured? So many questions. Some of the things her sister said during the Brainscratcher interview have given me pause and that now points my thoughts in a very specific direction of foul play.

I've been all over the map with this one, from mental break, to voluntary, to abduction, to staged.

I keep circling around to the assault this summer and how that's not really been detailed in any articles. Where did it happen? How many people were involved? And the b/f didn't protect her and was also injured? So many questions. Some of the things her sister said during the Brainscratcher interview have given me pause and that now points my thoughts in a very specific direction of foul play.
Hoping the new member friends of Adrienne can shed some light on any attack if it is allowed and hoping the police have followed up, kinda strange the person involved has "not been caught yet" since July? . Maybe part of the go fund me can hire a private investigator to find what the police seem too busy to do.

Last edited:
..........kinda strange the person involved has "not been caught yet" since July? .

That's frustrating, though I wonder if LE meant "not been questioned yet" in regards to AQ's disappearance?

I may have missed this earlier but if it is in reference to the July attack on AQ, does it mean:

They do know who it is and simply haven't found them yet?
The person hasn't been caught because they have no clue who it is?

That's frustrating, though I wonder if LE meant "not been questioned yet" in regards to AQ's disappearance?

I may have missed this earlier but if it is in reference to the July attack on AQ, does it mean:

They do know who it is and simply haven't found them yet?
The person hasn't been caught because they have no clue who it is?

This incident doesn't sound random. I think Ada and Lundy were ambushed. The attack was deliberate and intended to inflict great bodily harm on these two individuals. Who wanted to harm Ada and Lundy and for what reason? I'd be surprised if the July incident isn't somehow connected to Ada's disappearance.

In defense of the SD and believe me that I rarely feel compelled to palliate for law enforcement however tracking and cadaver dogs are designed to serve a particular purpose. Cadaver dogs are remarkable in their low numbers as compares to tracker dogs. I also feel that Sheriff Schendel would be well served by frequent pressers to keep the public informed and to more carefully organize his verbiage.

FOX 2) - Reward money in the case of a missing Southfield woman has increased to $100,000 for the remainder of the month.

Family is hoping someone will have answers about Adrienne Quintal's disappearance up north in the next few days. The $100,000 reward lasts until Nov. 30, which coincides with the hunting season. Her family hopes that deer hunters in the area where Adrienne disappeared will keep their eyes open.

Reward in missing Southfield mother's case raised to $100k during deer hunting season

Does anyone know if the boyfriend was planning to stay the whole time at the cabin or why he left early? The vehicle at the cabin was registered under his name. Maybe someone was after him and thought he was at the cabin too.

Direct from the site above:

Welcome to the Web portal of Michael Neiger's Michigan Backcountry Search and Rescue (MibSAR), a small, largely non-motorized, Long-Range Special Operations Group (LRSOG) organized as aCommunity Emergency Response Team (CERT) under the auspices of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Michigan Department of State Police (MSP).

Mission

Michael Neiger
Lead Investigator
Marquette, Michigan

Founded and run by Michael Neiger, an independent investigator in Marquette, Michigan, MibSAR's Long-Range Special Operations Group (LRSOG) is dedicated to working select unsolved missing-person cases and felony cold cases in the remote bush between the Great Lakes in northern Michigan, USA, and the Arctic Ocean’s Lower Hudson Bay in Ontario, Canada.

Important Notice: While Michael Neiger's special operations group (SOG) collaborates with law enforcement agencies, search-and-rescue teams, task forces, and strike teams regarding on-going investigations and operations, his special operations group (SOG) is not a traditional, paid, professional, "first-response," search-and-rescue unit.

His SOG is one of 'last resort' that specializes in working on select missing-person and felony investigations, primarily ones that have been suspended by the agency of jurisdiction.

An incident requiring an emergency search and rescue (SAR) response should be immediately referred to the agency with jurisdiction over the area where the incident occurred—often a sheriffs department in Michigan; or the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) in Ontario, Canada—by calling 911 immediately.

On certain, select cases, Michael Neiger also designs, maintains, and hosts investigative Web sites; designs, prints, and distributes investigative posters; underwrites monetary rewards; and arranges for anonymous, toll-free tip lines and online tip-reporting programs through Crime Stoppers.

All of Michael Neiger's SOG investigations, searches, services, CSI operations, work products, and consults are provided absolutely free of charge to victims, their families and advocates, and police departments.

Direct from the site above:

Welcome to the Web portal of Michael Neiger's Michigan Backcountry Search and Rescue (MibSAR), a small, largely non-motorized, Long-Range Special Operations Group (LRSOG) organized as aCommunity Emergency Response Team (CERT) under the auspices of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Michigan Department of State Police (MSP).

Mission

Michael Neiger
Lead Investigator
Marquette, Michigan

Founded and run by Michael Neiger, an independent investigator in Marquette, Michigan, MibSAR's Long-Range Special Operations Group (LRSOG) is dedicated to working select unsolved missing-person cases and felony cold cases in the remote bush between the Great Lakes in northern Michigan, USA, and the Arctic Ocean’s Lower Hudson Bay in Ontario, Canada.

Important Notice: While Michael Neiger's special operations group (SOG) collaborates with law enforcement agencies, search-and-rescue teams, task forces, and strike teams regarding on-going investigations and operations, his special operations group (SOG) is not a traditional, paid, professional, "first-response," search-and-rescue unit.

His SOG is one of 'last resort' that specializes in working on select missing-person and felony investigations, primarily ones that have been suspended by the agency of jurisdiction.

An incident requiring an emergency search and rescue (SAR) response should be immediately referred to the agency with jurisdiction over the area where the incident occurred—often a sheriffs department in Michigan; or the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) in Ontario, Canada—by calling 911 immediately.

On certain, select cases, Michael Neiger also designs, maintains, and hosts investigative Web sites; designs, prints, and distributes investigative posters; underwrites monetary rewards; and arranges for anonymous, toll-free tip lines and online tip-reporting programs through Crime Stoppers.

All of Michael Neiger's SOG investigations, searches, services, CSI operations, work products, and consults are provided absolutely free of charge to victims, their families and advocates, and police departments.

Maybe this means more people are taking notice and trying to help. Hopefully this is a good sign.

Also looks like he works with cadaver dogs and has experience with winter searches based on the details on his site.
This guy could be a huge blessing to this case. His bio:

Michael Neiger is a 25-year veteran of the Michigan Department of State Police.

As a road trooper, he was stationed at the Manistique Post in Manistique, Michigan as well as the Metro-Detroit Freeway Post in downtown Detroit, Michigan.

After transferring to the State Police forensic crime laboratory system, Michael was promoted to the rank of detective sergeant.

During his decades of forensic crime laboratory service, he was stationed at the Madison Heights Crime Lab and Sterling Heights Crime Lab in the Detroit Metropolitan Area before being assigned to the Marquette Crime Lab in the Upper Peninsula.

Michael spent most of his career documenting, processing, and analyzing physical evidence, either in a forensic laboratory setting or out in the field, while investigating major crime scenes involving:
• Multiple-victim homicides
• Shootings & stabbings
• Bank robberies & hostage situations
• Kidnappings & extortions
• Bombings
• Rapes & assaults
• Counterfeiting
• Smuggling
• Burglaries & thefts
• Prison crimes

His work product—physical evidence; detailed evidence-analysis reports; crime scene notes, sketches, drawings, photographs, and reports; and expert-witness testimony—has been admitted into evidence in 100s of felony prosecutions in a number of judicial jurisdictions:
• US Federal Court
• Michigan Circuit Court
• Michigan District Court
• Michigan Probate Court
• Wayne County Recorders Court
• Canadian Provincial Court

This poor woman is out there somewhere. It's frightening to think there's nothing for LE to go on. I wonder if they checked all cameras in the town, to see if she was in a vehicle. Then again, if a perp had her, they may have had her hidden in a trunk or under something, so she might not be caught on camera.

I know that's a long shot, but just wondering if LE checked any cameras. Some hunters have cameras on their property.

I hope the person that beat Adrienne up is caught. Who is actually assigned to find that person? They must know who it is and if it's not a illegal should be easy to search phone emails texts and banks or whatever they do. I would use the go fund me money to hire it out.
Private Investigator Services | Angie's List

A bail/bondsman would know exactly who to call if asked.

I don't know how to read these, but does this look like there was a motion for default judgment in AQ's divorce and then shortly after divorce was granted? Does this indicate she didn't go to court and it was granted by default?

Court Explorer

I don't know how to read these, but does this look like there was a motion for default judgment in AQ's divorce and then shortly after divorce was granted? Does this indicate she didn't go to court and it was granted by default?

Court Explorer

Looks like trial was set for July but there was a notice of hearing and then motion for default judgment and then judgment granted before trial?

06/24/2019 RDA RECORD OF DIVORCE/ANNULMENT SENT TO STATE
06/21/2019 JGM JUDGMENT FILED 5 PGS Order Document
06/19/2019 FDC FINAL DISP-CONSENT JGMT PROOFS TAKEN ON THE RECORD
06/06/2019 AFFIDAVIT/PROOF OF SERVICE FILED Order Document
06/06/2019 AFFIDAVIT/PROOF OF SERVICE FILED Order Document
06/05/2019 MPR MOTION PRAECIPE FILED FOR 06192019 JUDGE 21
06/05/2019 MTN MOTION FILED FOR DEFAULT JGM/PLF Order Document
06/05/2019 NOH NOTICE OF HEARING FILED Order Document
05/21/2019 AFFIDAVIT/PROOF OF SERVICE FILED Order Document
05/21/2019 AFF AFFIDAVIT FILED ATTY Order Document
05/21/2019 DEF DEFAULT FILED DFT Order Document
05/21/2019 SOI SCHEDULING ORDER ISSUED