MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, fatally shot while jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of things are bugging me from this article posted earlier:

...As she had for the last 12 years, Ally was on her daily 10-mile run on Fish Lake Road in Rose Township, when she was gunned down by a still unknown assailant...

Early media reports suggested that Ally had recently moved back home. Where did she run when she wasn't living with her parents in Rose Township? Did Ally go to her parents house every weekend even when she wasn't living with them?

...She turned to run away from the person who took her life away. She had to push her fear down and run...

Is this a detail that was provided to the parents? How does Nikki Brueger know that her daughter turned to run away from the perpetrator? I know AB was shot in the back, but the shooter could have driven or walked behind her, and she might never have seen the perp.

http://m.tctimes.com/news/no-suspec...926-7053-11e6-a626-47888bbbccca.html?mode=jqm

A couple of things are bugging me from this article posted earlier:

...As she had for the last 12 years, Ally was on her daily 10-mile run on Fish Lake Road in Rose Township, when she was gunned down by a still unknown assailant...

Early media reports suggested that Ally had recently moved back home. Where did she run when she wasn't living with her parents in Rose Township? Did Ally go to her parents house every weekend even when she wasn't living with them?

...She turned to run away from the person who took her life away. She had to push her fear down and run...

Is this a detail that was provided to the parents? How does Nikki Brueger know that her daughter turned to run away from the perpetrator? I know AB was shot in the back, but the shooter could have driven or walked behind her, and she might never have seen the perp.

http://m.tctimes.com/news/no-suspec...926-7053-11e6-a626-47888bbbccca.html?mode=jqm

Ally's Mom is taking the right approach with the media by pointing out that a murderer is still on the loose. I sure wouldn't want any loved one of mine walking or jogging on that road.
Yes...BDE...the article is confusing. She didn't live with her mother but she was running on Fish Lake Road each day for the last 12 years? That's confusing.
As far as the point that she tried to run away from the person who took her life....maybe it was a trail of blood that suggests that was the case.
Really, really horrible and SO cowardly.

One of the more interesting statements of the official few we have.

Perhaps the suspect is hiding in plain sight.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gene...rueger-slaying-killer-used-shotgun-police-say

On our return trip from Mackinac Island Wednesday, DH and I again discussed the Ally Brueger case as we approached the Holly exits along I-75. We live about 20 minutes south of the Holly area in Oakland County. If there is, indeed, a killer on the loose, Michigan State Police and Oakland County Sheriff owe it to the people of Oakland County and surrounding communities to aggressively pursue the perpetrator. Nearly seven weeks have gone by since AB was shot to death while she jogged along a rural road. There has been limited reporting on this heinous crime and no information coming from LE. Absolutely ridiculous! :stormingmad:

Four gunshots to the back of a very petite (4'9" 98 pound) jogger seems like overkill. I think this was personal- someone was very angry at AB for some reason. Without knowing much about AB's life it is difficult to pinpoint any motive.

I wonder what type of nurse AB was? Could an aggrieved family member/ friend of a patient that passed away under AB's care have blamed AB for their loved ones death and sought revenge on AB?

Or perhaps if AB was a mental health nurse or encountered patients with mental health issues a former patient with some kind of delusional disorder could be worth looking at: http://archpsyc.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=1660586

We had a case in New Zealand last year where a former mental health patient with persecutory delusions (who should have been in care) murdered a nurse that had once cared for him: http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/66223682/raw-grief-at-nurse-cathy-stewarts-violent-slaying

Four gunshots to the back of a very petite (4'9" 98 pound) jogger seems like overkill. I think this was personal- someone was very angry at AB for some reason. Without knowing much about AB's life it is difficult to pinpoint any motive...

<snipped>

The secrecy in this case is extremely troublesome. While her parents described her as someone who was "practically perfect in every way" (Mary Poppins' quote), it's patently obvious that someone wanted Alexandra Brueger dead. Even if there wasn't anything particularly offensive about this woman, I can't help but think that she said or did something to someone that caused a serious rift. Obviously, someone sought revenge against AB. I hope Ally's parents, relatives, friends, and colleagues have been forthcoming with authorities about her activities, relationships, former patients, etc. I'm alright with not having each and every detail about the case as long as LE is making progress towards finding AB's killer. :moo:

Since we know too little about Alexandra Brueger's life to come up with a motive, can we at least consider "opportunity"? What person/s had the opportunity to murder Ms. Brueger?

- someone who had access to the firearm used to shoot AB

- someone who knew AB's daily running routine, the time she was likely to run, the specific route she traveled

- someone who knew that Ally had recently moved back to Rose Township with her parents

- someone who was familiar with the area and knew that the jogging route was isolated with few homes and limited traffic

- someone who was able to get away from the scene quickly and not get caught

Other ideas about the individual/s who had the opportunity to commit this horrific crime?

This case is as troublesome as it is fascinating.

Since we know too little about Alexandra Brueger's life to come up with a motive, can we at least consider "opportunity"? What person/s had the opportunity to murder Ms. Brueger?

- someone who had access to the firearm used to shoot AB

- someone who knew AB's daily running routine, the time she was likely to run, the specific route she traveled

- someone who knew that Ally had recently moved back to Rose Township with her parents

- someone who was familiar with the area and knew that the jogging route was isolated with few homes and limited traffic

- someone who was able to get away from the scene quickly and not get caught

Other ideas about the individual/s who had the opportunity to commit this horrific crime?
Good post BetteDavisEyes

Adding
Someone who was brave enough to do it doing daylight hours.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ally Brueger slaying: Commissioner adds to reward for tips in jogger slaying

By Mark Cavitt, mcavitt@digitalfirstmedia.com,, @MarkCavitt on Twitter

Posted: 09/16/16, 1:40 PM EDT | Updated: 12 hrs ago

Oakland County Commissioner Bob Hoffman is hoping he can help motivate someone to come forward with information.

Hoffman, who represents District-2, is donating $1,000 and adding to the $7,500 reward for tips leading the arrest of a suspect in the Alexandria “Ally” Brueger murder case.

The reward amount was increased recently after Crime Stoppers pitched in $2,500 on top of the initial $5,000 offered by the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Hoffman contacted Crimestoppers Friday morning about his desire to donate...

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gene...ner-adds-to-reward-for-tips-in-jogger-slaying

...Shaw declined to share details about the investigation, saying only that more than 75 tips have come to state police, and that evidence at the scene of the homicide suggested that Brueger may have known her killer...

I don't recall the statement about evidence suggesting that AB may have known her killer. Interesting...

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gene...ner-adds-to-reward-for-tips-in-jogger-slaying

Hmmmm.....I wonder what that evidence could possibly be? Yes, BDE - very interesting.

Hmmmm.....I wonder what that evidence could possibly be? Yes, BDE - very interesting.
I think I read she may have known her killer but not about evidence at the scene?

I wonder what that could be besides shot in the back?

ETA Footprints of someone jogging with her and then maybe a car picked up the perp after the shooting?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

A good lengthy article from a few days ago, I about got choked up more than once reading it. Her mom seems like a really great person as I suspect Alexandra was. I can't help but feel this case will be solved sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed anyway.

From LE,
There are a lot of things at the crime scene that points us to that she knew who this was,” Shaw said. “I can’t expand on that, but there is not enough evidence that we can rule out a random event. We think it’s someone she knew, but we can’t say for certain that she didn’t get into an incident with a vehicle in a road rage type of event, either.

Her Mother,
She was a nurse. She must have known she was dying,” Nikki said. “She didn’t run with her phone that day because it had rained that morning. Was she worried about us, knowing we’d be worried when she didn’t arrive home? You wonder what went through her mind and it’s maddening. You can’t go forward until you understand what happened.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...killed-jogging-rose-township-mother/90785580/

A good lengthy article from a few days ago, I about got choked up more than once reading it. Her mom seems like a really great person as I suspect Alexandra was. I can't help but feel this case will be solved sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed anyway.
http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...killed-jogging-rose-township-mother/90785580/

from the link above:

---
Nikki has been strong in a two-hour conversation about her only child, but tears come to her eyes as she says she still feels her daughter’s presence.

“There is no explanation for taking someone’s life,” she said. “Regardless of who and why, there is no reason. But I want to know who and why and I want justice. Someone took her away from us, from her friends, from the rest of our family, from Zeus and she had the rest of her life to live. She was 31, the same age I was when she was born, and I don’t want her to be another gun statistic in this violent culture we live in right now. We know her life mattered to the people that she touched.”

Me too on the getting choked up.

:tyou: for the awesome article, LR1. I don't read the Free Press regularly and would not have seen it otherwise.

What kind of progress is being made with forensics in the investigation? I thought we'd know something more by now.

:tyou: for the awesome article, LR1. I don't read the Free Press regularly and would not have seen it otherwise.

What kind of progress is being made with forensics in the investigation? I thought we'd know something more by now.

Slow going from the sound of it BDE if they're still executing warrants for cell phone data. That's something that didn't cross my mind, maybe they can tell who was mobile in the area at that certain time. Mom says Ally didn't have her cell on her but I would imagine they'd be looking at hers also. While they're waiting it might be a good time for the shooter to swing by the sheriffs office and own up to what they did and cut a deal before it's too late, maybe claim temporary insanity. Otherwise when caught it's a sure thing that they can look forward to sitting in a cage for the rest of their life.

Slow going from the sound of it BDE if they're still executing warrants for cell phone data. That's something that didn't cross my mind, maybe they can tell who was mobile in the area at that certain time. Mom says Ally didn't have her cell on her but I would imagine they'd be looking at hers also. While they're waiting it might be a good time for the shooter to swing by the sheriffs office and own up to what they did and cut a deal before it's too late, maybe claim temporary insanity. Otherwise when caught it's a sure thing that they can look forward to sitting in a cage for the rest of their life.

The coward who fired four shots into the back of this very petite female isn't likely to turn himself/herself in to authorities any time soon.

WWJ radio interview with Ally Bruegger's mother, NIkki. Paraphrasing, Mrs. Bruegger reminds audience of reward and encourages people to not be afraid to come forward with tips. She said that Alexandra was not afraid of being confronted as she turned to run away from her killer and was shot in the back.

Stabbed (shot) in the back speaks so loudly to betrayal. Sounds like an angry lover, but just speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken