MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, fatally shot while jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
RBBM

Not sure about in rainy weather, but this seems to suggest at least sometimes she did:

“Nikki says neighbors who saw Ally on her daily runs said she often had her head down and it made them think she was not paying attention to her surroundings. On the contrary, Nikki says, while her music-loving daughter ran with earbuds in, she was very observant and would bring baby birds home in her hat, which they would feed with eye-droppers. Nikki shows a picture of a baby turtle near a heart-shaped rock that Ally took while on one of her runs.” (BBM)

https://amp.freep.com/amp/90785580

(And I am assuming the picture was taken with a phone and not a camera)

Maybe the earbuds were what she wanted to keep dry.

ok - let's compromise and say it takes an hour to drive. : )
Still a big fat red flag to me the a woman in her 30's would move home with her parents and drive an hour each way to work.

When I was in my mid 20s and my bf and I broke up, I moved home for a year or so until I saved up enough money to move out on my own (well, with friends, but it cost way more than living with my ex). My commute was TERRIBLE, I’m talking NJ to NYC traffic. Likely worse than her commute. But I did it because that’s life, and I didn’t have the money to live on my own at the time. If it happened when I was 30, it would be the same story. Gotta do what you gotta do. Why is that such a red flag?

This thread really illustrates how our own personal experiences can skew our reality one way or another. For some an hour drive is untenable, others it's routine. So there you have it.
As far as running with a phone, I can't even run with my watch on. So once again, it's what was *normal* for her. That we have to rely on info from her parents and those closest to her.

I’m not a runner, but there are a ton of products on the market made for runners to bring their phones on their run. I’m the same age as her, and most of my friends who run track their runs via apps, so it’s important to bring their phones. If anything, not bringing her phone is a red flag, as opposed to her moving back home and commuting to work. Kind of off topic, but our age group has had a tough time with the job market after college. So for many people in our age group, commuting is kind of expected and not a deal breaker. It is what it is.

When I was in my mid 20s and my bf and I broke up, I moved home for a year or so until I saved up enough money to move out on my own (well, with friends, but it cost way more than living with my ex). My commute was TERRIBLE, I’m talking NJ to NYC traffic. Likely worse than her commute. But I did it because that’s life, and I didn’t have the money to live on my own at the time. If it happened when I was 30, it would be the same story. Gotta do what you gotta do. Why is that such a red flag?

It happens often with this young generation. Cost-of-living, student loans, career changes, unemployment. I don't see it as a red flag either.

Boomerang Generation is a term applied in Western culture to young adults graduating high school and college in the 21st century. They are so named for the percentage of whom choose to share a home with their parents after previously living on their own—thus boomeranging back to their parents' residence. This arrangement can take many forms, ranging from situations that mirror the high dependency of pre-adulthood to highly independent, separate-household arrangements.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boomerang_Generation

It's a red flag because she was murdered. Meaning, did she move because she feared for her safety or was it truly an economic decision.

It's a red flag because she was murdered. Meaning, did she move because she feared for her safety or was it truly an economic decision.

I guess safety could be an option. But imo, as someone who’s been there, your life gets turned upside down when you break up with a live in SO, and it can be easier to just move in with your parents for a bit while you sort life out as opposed to trying to find a place to live on your own while dealing with a break up.

That being said, I don’t rule out the (ex?) bf being involved. I do however think it’s unlikely the parents had anything to do with it. I have a 22 year old stepson (my husband is older than me) and he moved in with us for a few months until he got on his feet at a new job. We didn’t break out the champagne when he moved in, but it wasn’t the end of the world. I don’t see her dad being so pissed at her moving home that he’d go to such an extreme. JMO

I guess safety could be an option. But imo, as someone who’s been there, your life gets turned upside down when you break up with a live in SO, and it can be easier to just move in with your parents for a bit while you sort life out as opposed to trying to find a place to live on your own while dealing with a break up.

That being said, I don’t rule out the (ex?) bf being involved. I do however think it’s unlikely the parents had anything to do with it. I have a 22 year old stepson (my husband is older than me) and he moved in with us for a few months until he got on his feet at a new job. We didn’t break out the champagne when he moved in, but it wasn’t the end of the world. I don’t see her dad being so pissed at her moving home that he’d go to such an extreme. JMO

I agree; the parents are not on my POI list unless someone tells me the father suffers from dementia, PTSD, or some other cognitive issue.

I agree; the parents are not on my POI list unless someone tells me the father suffers from dementia, PTSD, or some other cognitive issue.

I do think he suffers from PTSD, but he gets help from support groups. He says:

Vietnam will never go away for me. Vietnam is a daily thought and will be what I think about when I take my last breath. I can’t look at road kill because of Vietnam. I see dead people. I belong to a Vietnam support group where we talk about these things. There are many veterans who don’t know there is a lot of good help out there. All they need to do is contact a VA hospital or veterans center.

https://www.tctimes.com/living/our_...cle_166c2c84-4238-11e7-a28c-3b251b0a3b37.html

I do think he suffers from PTSD, but he gets help from support groups. He says:

https://www.tctimes.com/living/our_...cle_166c2c84-4238-11e7-a28c-3b251b0a3b37.html

Well that does complicate things. I wonder how acute his PTSD is, and if he has had episodes where he has lost touch for more than flashbacks, or lashed out in a destructive manner. This is relevant.
Very sad what we did to our young men during the Vietnam war. A national disgrace. And yeah Jane, I haven't forgotten what you did.

It happens often with this young generation. Cost-of-living, student loans, career changes, unemployment. I don't see it as a red flag either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boomerang_Generation

I agree with that. My 29 year old daughter came home to live with me when her long term relationship broke up. She wanted comfort and the stability of her childhood home. Where she felt safe and loved. And rice pudding.

I need some help with a point I can't reconcile in this case. There are many of you on the thread who have been diligently researching since the victim was murdered, so thank you in advance for your thoughts.

As I understand it, the victim had an amicable breakup with her boyfriend and moved home to live with her parents. I am correct that she had a 90 minute drive each way to and from her job?

*That is a huge red flag*

Do I have that right?
A 30 something woman moves back in with her parents and has to drive 90 minutes each way to work. Doesn't add up at all. *At all*.

I can only conclude *she knew she was in danger*, and sought the familial protection of her parents house.

Thoughts please.

Most people, when they know they are in danger, seek legal intervention.

Although, there are certainly cases in which LE is the greater danger to an innocent civilian and one may well wish to avoid them at all costs.

This just rings true. I think this might be a case where a dementia patient, or someone of diminished capacity, shot at her out of annoyance. This just really makes sense. The other scenarios don't add up.
Either this, or a random drive by wacko thrill kill.

A drive by wacko thrill killer would most definitely get a rush out of performing this series of highly risky acts (as occurred to Ally) on the fly.

Any other bizarrely reckless murders involving everyday objects & tools handled poorly that stand out among the blotters prior to this slaying, or since?

A drive by wacko thrill killer would most definitely get a rush out of performing this series of highly risky acts (as occurred to Ally) on the fly.

Any other bizarrely reckless murders involving everyday objects & tools handled poorly that stand out among the blotters prior to this slaying, or since?

Yeah? As would one other.

I need some help with a point I can't reconcile in this case. There are many of you on the thread who have been diligently researching since the victim was murdered, so thank you in advance for your thoughts.

As I understand it, the victim had an amicable breakup with her boyfriend and moved home to live with her parents. I am correct that she had a 90 minute drive each way to and from her job?

*That is a huge red flag*

Do I have that right?
A 30 something woman moves back in with her parents and has to drive 90 minutes each way to work. Doesn't add up at all. *At all*.

I can only conclude *she knew she was in danger*, and sought the familial protection of her parents house.

Thoughts please.

RBBM

Most people, when they know they are in danger, seek legal intervention.

Although, there are certainly cases in which LE is the greater danger to an innocent civilian and one may well wish to avoid them at all costs.

I do think Ally moved back in with her parents because that was where she felt safe.

If Ally was afraid of someone, and the person lived or otherwise spent a lot of time near her work, it would make sense that she would want to get as far away as possible from the area (albeit within reason), IMO.

In that situation, she might not have wanted to get her own apartment, or live by herself, either, for safety reasons.

So if Ally’s primary concern at the time was her own safety, it makes sense to me that she would go live parents, where she would be farther away from whomever she might have been afraid of and she wouldn’t have to be alone, if something were to go wrong.

As far as seeking legal intervention, say Ally was afraid of someone she worked with. I only did a cursory search, but it appears obtaining a personal protective order against a co-worker can get pretty messy. Perhaps she was able to get HR involved, instead.

All MOO.

ok - let's compromise and say it takes an hour to drive. : )
Still a big fat red flag to me the a woman in her 30's would move home with her parents and drive an hour each way to work.

So I made a big deal about this originally--the long commute. I myself drive 20 and 38 miles each way 2 days per week in the metro Detroit area (I work at 2 locations). My 38 mile commute can be done in 45 mins if no major traffic or snafus. Anyway--Ally was back in school, contingent at work meaning she didn't commute full time. She probably didn't have high means to live on her own. Sounded like when things went south with the boyfriend (he was on dating sites), she may not have been able to swing it on her own. I thought I read somewhere that she had some debt as well.

I would really like to know, who besides her ex boyfriend knew she was living at her parents? Was this well known?

Im new and have never commented before but after reading this thread and hearing a lot of people say maybe she left her phone at home cause she was being harassed and didnt want to be bothered or that she was afraid of someone and moved home for that reason makes me really think. If i was afraid of someone that would make me want to bring my phone even more if i was goin for a 10 mile jog in the country. It would actually even make me not go on the jog at all! I dont think she expected this at all!

Sent from my Z851M using Tapatalk

Sorry, I don't know if we had this already:

https://www.tctimes.com/news/local_...cle_e71bb142-ecc4-11e7-a4d9-2b58e5da74fd.html

I stopped to talk with her and she said she saw Ally jogging all the time.

 “Then she proceeds to tell me that in an area east of her house, for weeks or months, a vehicle filled with young men would park and listen to rap music really loud,” Nikki said. “Right after this happened to Ally, they disappeared. I asked if she gave the police this information and she said no, they didn’t want to get involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member