MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, Fatally Shot While Jogging, Rose Twp, 30 Jul 2016 #5

As we head toward Christmas, I can’t imagine how difficult the holidays are for Ally’s loved ones. I wish we all felt more free to discuss her case, but I’m still thinking about her often and hoping that justice is coming for her killer.

Saturday, July 30, 2016:
Disappearances, abductions and murder — it can, and does, happen locally

Tri-County Times | Fenton, MI Vera Hogan Associate Editor
Dec 28, 2018
[...]
Alexandra “Ally” Brueger, 32, had no reason to suspect she was not safe jogging along Fish Lake Road in quiet, rural Rose Township. It was a route she ran every day for 10 years. No reason until Saturday, July 25, 2016, the day someone shot her in the back four times, killing her.
Brueger’s murderer is still at large.

[...]

Saturday, July 30, 2016:

Tri-County Times | Fenton, MI Vera Hogan Associate Editor
Dec 28, 2018
[...]
Alexandra “Ally” Brueger, 32, had no reason to suspect she was not safe jogging along Fish Lake Road in quiet, rural Rose Township. It was a route she ran every day for 10 years. No reason until Saturday, July 25, 2016, the day someone shot her in the back four times, killing her.
Brueger’s murderer is still at large.

[...]
Article was updated yesterday reflecting correct date July 30, 2016 (instead of July 25, 2016):

• Dec 28, 2018 Updated Dec 30, 2018
[...]
 Alexandra “Ally” Brueger, 31, had no reason to suspect she was not safe jogging along Fish Lake Road in quiet, rural Rose Township. It was a route she ran every day for 10 years. No reason until Saturday, July 30, 2016, the day someone shot her in the back four times, killing her.
[...]

"someone shot her in the back four times" - - another error in the article?
I recall initial conflicts in various news articles regarding the number of gun shots in Ally's back, but thought the 'truth' was ONE shot in the back; FOUR shotgun casings found at the scene:

Who failed polygraph in case of murdered nurse?
Mar 05, 2018
[...]
On July 30, 2016, Alexandra “Ally” Brueger was in the middle of her daily ten mile run when someone murdered her.
[...]
Michigan State Police say they found four shotgun casings at the scene. Only one of those shots hit Ally. She was shot in the back, presumably as she was trying to run away from her killer.
[...]

I don’t post often but have been lurking, this case makes me very sad. I live about 40 min from Holly. I read all of the posts on this now and WS is a bit unhinged. I worked EMS and Fire for a looong time and have been on several murder type calls. I have seen guilty people pull this stuff with the blaming and crazy narcissistic behaviors. This guys posts and reactions make me wonder about him. I hope justice is coming soon for Ally.

Been following this since it happened. I grew up in a nearby county so I'm familiar with the area.

And I could say so much more about the previous VI, but I think this will suffice. YIKES.

I hope the New Year brings an arrest in this awful case. I don't find it to be a mystery, or unsolved. Just not solved enough to take to court. MOO

I don’t post often but have been lurking, this case makes me very sad. I live about 40 min from Holly. I read all of the posts on this now and WS is a bit unhinged. I worked EMS and Fire for a looong time and have been on several murder type calls. I have seen guilty people pull this stuff with the blaming and crazy narcissistic behaviors. This guys posts and reactions make me wonder about him. I hope justice is coming soon for Ally.

Been following this since it happened. I grew up in a nearby county so I'm familiar with the area.

And I could say so much more about the previous VI, but I think this will suffice. YIKES.

I hope the New Year brings an arrest in this awful case. I don't find it to be a mystery, or unsolved. Just not solved enough to take to court. MOO

Welcome to the thread, my Michigan neighbors. I am down closer to the Ohio border, tho, but still following here.

I wish we could know what LE is doing. Are they close to an arrest? What do they need? Wes's behavior here has me concerned how safe anyone is that does not agree with him. How I wish Ally had been more open, because I don't think she could have completely avoided his wrath before this ..... :(

I wish we could know what LE is doing. Are they close to an arrest? What do they need? Wes's behavior here has me concerned how safe anyone is that does not agree with him. How I wish Ally had been more open, because I don't think she could have completely avoided his wrath before this ..... :(
RSABBM for focus

“What do they need?”

That’s what I keep wondering, too.

After reading your post, I decided to go through past articles to see if I had missed any clues.

Then I found this piece from July 30th of last year (my apologies in advance if the article below has already been posted and I missed it):

“MSP detectives are still looking for the final pieces of the puzzle to bring Ally’s killer to justice. State police officials say this is not a cold case, and they are still actively chasing down information as it comes in.

If you have information about Ally Brueger’s murder, please call 1-855-MICH-TIP.

They are actively pursuing leads that they got at the beginning of the year,’ said Nikki. ‘They’re 99% sure that it’s a man. And a shotgun was used. And whoever this puny, impotent coward is, he’s still out there and he’s still walking free.‘“ (BBM)
Suspect list narrows in Ally Brueger murder case

Does anyone remember seeing this comment (the part I bolded) by Nikki before (again, I apologize if this has already been discussed)?

When I saw it, my immediate thought was she was talking about DNA. And then I thought, “Maybe they were finally able to get DNA off of one of the shell casings (left at the scene)” since Nikki mentions the shotgun right after she talks about the leads.

The problem with that scenario is that Det. Shaw told Chris Hansen there were no eye witnesses, surveillance videos or DNA. The Crime Watch Daily episode aired on March 6th of last year, while the article above was published at the end of July, so it is possible that there was some progress during those five months, I suppose.

Now I’d love to know if anything came of those leads.

IMHO, I do remember that statement from the mother, but have heard no follow up. She may not have known anything specific at the time (I seem to recall a few mis-statements early on, tho I cannot be specific without a lot of digging again, and I really have to get to bed).

Actually, one example is in the article you referred to.
Michigan State Police say they found four shotgun casings at the scene. Only one of those shots hit Ally. She was shot in the back,...

Yet even still I am seeing other articles saying she was shot four times, often as a quote by the parents. So it is difficult for me to say whether what we hear is accurate.

The only "witness" I recall was the neighbor who heard a shot or shots, and found Ally, staying with her and attempting to aide while waitng for help to arrive.

I do not remember reading the following article (I did, but forgot some of what is in it) which says they may have considered a serial murderer, but that did not turn out to be likely. It also mentions a white sedan, tho nothing has come of that, either.

Who killed Ally Brueger? Michigan nurse gunned down while jogging on rural dirt road
But then, just three days after Ally's killing on July 30, 2016, investigators get an unexpected lead when another young woman is murdered in eerily similar circumstances 600 miles away.

Karina Vetrano was found beaten and strangled to death on a remote trail where she'd gone jogging near her home in Queens, New York.

And just five days after that, a third female jogger, Vanessa Marcotte, was found burned to death in Princeton, Massachusetts.

Those deaths lead police to believe there may be a roaming serial killer on the loose.

"Traveling around and doing it in different places," said Lt. Shaw.

And it also says:
"There's one tiny piece of the puzzle that we're looking for. That we either need the person that was involved to tell us about, or the person that was told. And once they do that, we will solve this case," said Shaw

What is that one tiny piece?

I think that the "one piece" is the shotgun. Who's shotgun went missing in that time frame and that shotgun hasn't been seen since?

What do you guys think is that one tiny piece?

ETA: I don't think this is a serial killing.

Yet even still I am seeing other articles saying she was shot four times, often as a quote by the parents. So it is difficult for me to say whether what we hear is accurate.
Only one of those shots found its target.

Who killed Ally Brueger? Michigan nurse gunned down while jogging on rural dirt road
03/06/2018 2:41 pm PST
UPDATE July 30, 2018:

[...]
"We believe five shots were fired," said Michigan State Police Lt. Michael Shaw.
Only one of those shots found its target.
"It hits her in the small part of her back and just happens to hit the wrong blood vessel and she bleeds out," said Lt. Shaw.
[...]

RSABBM for focus

“What do they need?”

That’s what I keep wondering, too.

After reading your post, I decided to go through past articles to see if I had missed any clues.

Then I found this piece from July 30th of last year (my apologies in advance if the article below has already been posted and I missed it):

“MSP detectives are still looking for the final pieces of the puzzle to bring Ally’s killer to justice. State police officials say this is not a cold case, and they are still actively chasing down information as it comes in.

If you have information about Ally Brueger’s murder, please call 1-855-MICH-TIP.

They are actively pursuing leads that they got at the beginning of the year,’ said Nikki. ‘They’re 99% sure that it’s a man. And a shotgun was used. And whoever this puny, impotent coward is, he’s still out there and he’s still walking free.‘“ (BBM)
Suspect list narrows in Ally Brueger murder case

Does anyone remember seeing this comment (the part I bolded) by Nikki before (again, I apologize if this has already been discussed)?

When I saw it, my immediate thought was she was talking about DNA. And then I thought, “Maybe they were finally able to get DNA off of one of the shell casings (left at the scene)” since Nikki mentions the shotgun right after she talks about the leads.

The problem with that scenario is that Det. Shaw told Chris Hansen there were no eye witnesses, surveillance videos or DNA. The Crime Watch Daily episode aired on March 6th of last year, while the article above was published at the end of July, so it is possible that there was some progress during those five months, I suppose.

Now I’d love to know if anything came of those leads.
I remember reading that and to me it sounds like they’re waiting for all the Ducks to get In A Row before they make the final move.

The "Already Gone" podcast covers Alexandra's case in Episode #111. Nothing new, but it keeps her case out there. But there isn't much out there in the way of facts in the media. (I did note one item and that is the host mentions that it is the 4th shot is the one that hit Alexandra. That has to be an assumption as we don't know which of the 4 shots hit her.)

Last edited:
The "Already Gone" podcast covers Alexandra's case in Episode #111. Nothing new, but it keeps her case out there. But there isn't much out there in the way of facts in the media. (I did note one item and that is the host mentions that it is the 4th shot is the one that hit Alexandra. That has to be an assumption as we don't know which of the 4 shots hit her.)

Thanks .... I found this link (unless you have a better one?)

111 The Murder of Ally Brueger - Already Gone Podcast - Omny.fm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back