MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, Fatally Shot While Jogging, Rose Twp, 30 Jul 2016 #5

After our judge's column about first amendment rights was posted on our Facebook page, he posted this comment. I just saw it today.

Comments
Weston Sutherland “However, if it is accurate, truth is an absolute defense.”

Per usual, Vera Hogan and the Tri-County Times are far more concerned with protecting the reputation (and hurt feelings) of Ally Brueger’s parents than they are with actually seeking justice for Ally’s murder.

One of the more disturbing things to me is WS's constant attempts to make himself the victim in this situation. He then tries to shout down and intimidate anyone who doesn't agree. He claims it's all about Ally and then repeatedly goes on to explain that reporters, newspapers, Ally's parents, and the whole of the MSP apparently, are corrupt and conspiring against him and his "truth". Nothing to do with Ally at all really. I have to wonder if this is how he always handles being denied what he wants and if so, what consequences that may have had for Ally. My opinion.

One of the more disturbing things to me is WS's constant attempts to make himself the victim in this situation. He then tries to shout down and intimidate anyone who doesn't agree. He claims it's all about Ally and then repeatedly goes on to explain that reporters, newspapers, Ally's parents, and the whole of the MSP apparently, are corrupt and conspiring against him and his "truth". Nothing to do with Ally at all really. I have to wonder if this is how he always handles being denied what he wants and if so, what consequences that may have had for Ally. My opinion.
I believe that she may have been ignoring his calls and texts and that was why she did not have her phone on her that day (if indeed she didn't) and he has got his gun and found her to make her talk to him. He started yelling at her aggressively and she ran from him and he felt thwarted and shot her in rage.
All MOO.

I've followed WS on here and to be truthful, he rubs me the wrong way sometimes. BUT in my profession (auditor) I have learned to put my personal feelings aside and try to maintain an objective approach. Is he trying to throw suspicion off him as the guilty party or is he genuinely mad at this whole affair? I don't know. A lot of us - myself included - thought the parents of Isabel Celis were guilty of murder and this last week LE arrested someone else. Did I end up with egg on my face over that case!

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. I'd really like to see a break in this case and very soon. No matter who the guilty party is.

Hi Vera and thank you for coming on here and being so open to answering questions! I have been reading and not writing much because the whole thread was so crazy and all I want is justice for Alley like everyone else. I read the comments he posted on your Tri County Times piece and I was wondering, at one point did you suspect the parents had involvement? If so what changed your mind? I don’t personally think they were involved at all and think he is very suspicious but I was wondering if you could elaborate a little more on your email exchange. If not I totally understand and just appreciate you being here :)

Come to think of it I don't recall any podcasters picking up this case. I would consider this close to a high profile case if not actually a high profile case.

I think part of the problem was that fairly soon after Ally was murdered, there were 2 other joggers murdered in different states (Karina Vetrano and Vanessa Marcotte). Initially, the media tried to link the 3 murders, but once that was shown not to be likely, the media in general seemed to forget about Ally's case. Arrests were made in the other 2 cases, which was great, obviously, but I suspect the general public assumed that Ally's killer had also been arrested, which is sadly not the case, yet.

Or MSP assumed it was the ex bf because it usually is and they did not have a plan B. IMO the biggest problem is that the Michigan State Police will never be as personally invested as a local police department. Shaw comments on everything. Who lost sleep over this or made it a personal obesession to find the piece of *advertiser censored* who gunned her down?

I think a local detective would have found the killer.

I think part of the problem was that fairly soon after Ally was murdered, there were 2 other joggers murdered in different states (Karina Vetrano and Vanessa Marcotte). Initially, the media tried to link the 3 murders, but once that was shown not to be likely, the media in general seemed to forget about Ally's case. Arrests were made in the other 2 cases, which was great, obviously, but I suspect the general public assumed that Ally's killer had also been arrested, which is sadly not the case, yet.

Or MSP assumed it was the ex bf because it usually is and they did not have a plan B. IMO the biggest problem is that the Michigan State Police will never be as personally invested as a local police department. Shaw comments on everything. Who lost sleep over this or made it a personal obesession to find the piece of **** who gunned her down?

I think a local detective would have found the killer.

That is another possibility. I hope MSP has not operated with tunnel vision in this case, but it's hard to have confidence when they release very little evidence that might help the public identify Ally's killer. The vague statements about believing Ally was killed by someone she knew because of "something" at the crime scene are also not helpful. What is that even supposed to mean? They need the public's help to solve this murder, IMO, but I don't think they are going to ask for it any time soon.

I think it’s safe for me to come out of lurk mode now.

Before the thread was derailed by the boyfriend/ex boyfriend, I was more on the random killing side of the fence, Although I’ve since wondered if the reason the police thought it was someone Ally knew was because she managed to say a few words to the gentleman that tried to save her and called 911.

Perhaps LE have a good idea who the killer was, and are just waiting for enough evidence to make an arrest.

Hi Vera and thank you for coming on here and being so open to answering questions! I have been reading and not writing much because the whole thread was so crazy and all I want is justice for Alley like everyone else. I read the comments he posted on your Tri County Times piece and I was wondering, at one point did you suspect the parents had involvement? If so what changed your mind? I don’t personally think they were involved at all and think he is very suspicious but I was wondering if you could elaborate a little more on your email exchange. If not I totally understand and just appreciate you being here :)
Thank you, however, I really don't want to go into the email exchange again. It's a long story but again, every single email I exchanged with him was sent to the detective on the case immediately. He has all of them. I will answer one question though. No, I did not at one time suspect the parents, but I did have a couple of questions. They were answered immediately and leave no doubt that they are NOT suspects.

Thank you, however, I really don't want to go into the email exchange again. It's a long story but again, every single email I exchanged with him was sent to the detective on the case immediately. He has all of them. I will answer one question though. No, I did not at one time suspect the parents, but I did have a couple of questions. They were answered immediately and leave no doubt that they are NOT suspects.
Thank you for explaining this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back