MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, Fatally Shot While Jogging, Rose Twp, 30 Jul 2016 #5

Here's my follow up article on the drug house. These are some bad hombres just a few miles south. Drugs and firearms recovered during raid at adult foster care home
My question is who licenses a home like that where vulnerable citizens were obviously at risk! Who makes unannounced visits to check on welfare? This is so disturbing at so many levels.

As far as Ally is concerned, this is an important find. Was the road Ally was running on a direct connection to this "care home"? This could very well be a new lead in Ally's case. Great find and great reporting Rave1953!

Amateur opinion and speculation only

My question is who licenses a home like that where vulnerable citizens were obviously at risk! Who makes unannounced visits to check on welfare? This is so disturbing at so many levels.

As far as Ally is concerned, this is an important find. Was the road Ally was running on a direct connection to this "care home"? This could very well be a new lead in Ally's case. Great find and great reporting Rave1953!

Amateur opinion and speculation only
It depends on the state and type of group home (halfway type house, ICF, etc). But likely a division of DHS.

I agree. With that much wooded area on both sides of such a narrow road, I think she would have been able to discern immediately if someone/ a vehicle was just passing by or if they were .. the only word I can think .. stalking her. She ran for the closest break in the trees. There was nowhere else to go. Jmo. Thank you for these, @inmyhumbleopinion

BBM...

Yes. Exactly how I feel. The photos helped me so much...I had a totally different picture in my mind, of that stretch of rural road before seeing the photos. Thank you so much for all you did!

You are welcome.
I’m glad I made the trip. Now more than ever, I want Ally’s killer arrested, convicted and sentenced to the fullest extent of the law. There are no mitigating factors here, IMO.

So when I got home and looked at satellite images, I noticed that the area south of the home where she was found appeared much more remote and wooded and less residential
than the stretch of Fish Lake RD I was able to explore before I had to take my son back to the tournament venue.

So I did some digging and found out that there is only one residential property to the south of the property where Ally was found, and beyond the eastern and southern ends of that property is a 640-acre county park:

upload_2018-10-11_13-23-15.jpeg

upload_2018-10-11_13-23-53.jpeg

https://www.oakgov.com/parks/Resources/RSE Trail Map.png

https://www.oakgov.com/parks/Resources/RSE Trail Map.png

And then I remembered I saw an entrance to a service-road-type-road with a gate on the same side of the home where Ally collapsed. By then I was in a hurry, so I didn’t get to take a photo of it, but I was able to find in Google Street View. As you can see, there is plenty of space between the road and the gate to pull over:

upload_2018-10-11_13-27-13.jpeg

And this space is located 0.2 mile or a 4-minute walk to the south from the house where Ally collapsed.

upload_2018-10-11_13-28-57.jpeg

So my current theory is Ally:
  1. heads south on Buckhorn Lake RD and enters Rose Oaks County Park via its East/Buckhorn Lake RD entrance;
  2. runs through the park (“This 640-acre undeveloped park is a favorite of equestrians who explore its five miles of trails including accessible boardwalks and floating docks, which are also shared by hikers, cyclists, geocachers and cross-country skiers”);
  3. exits the park at its West/Fish Lake RD entrance;
  4. heads north on Fish Lake RD (headed back home);
  5. encounters someone who had pulled into the space in front of the service road entrance, waiting for her;
  6. starts running away, is shot and collapses.

You are welcome, LR1.

Yes, up and down Fish Lake RD. People in the community still very much care about Ally, and they have been greatly affected by this truly senseless tragedy.

And the Bruegers have had to endure so, so much for more than two years.

And to think that this cowardly, pathetic individual who did this to Ally
is still walking free and doing whatever they please ...: It has to stop.

I can’t wait to see them arrested and make a complete fool of themselves in court.

Thank you very much for spending time to do this and for bringing all these photos to us. It sure puts things in a clearer perspective for me.

I am so glad to still have people following and doing whatever they can to bring justice for Ally and her family.

<3

Thankyou imho.

Seeing it in pictures especially with the spots marked where Alexandra was shot and collapsed really brought back to the fore how incredibly sad this is. A young woman in the prime of her life out for a run on the end of some psychopaths wrath.

So inherently cruel and inhuman.

So my current theory is Ally:
  1. heads south on Buckhorn Lake RD and enters Rose Oaks County Park via its East/Buckhorn Lake RD entrance;
  2. runs through the park (“This 640-acre undeveloped park is a favorite of equestrians who explore its five miles of trails including accessible boardwalks and floating docks, which are also shared by hikers, cyclists, geocachers and cross-country skiers”);
  3. exits the park at its West/Fish Lake RD entrance;
  4. heads north on Fish Lake RD (headed back home);
  5. encounters someone who had pulled into the space in front of the service road entrance, waiting for her;
  6. starts running away, is shot and collapses.
They're keeping her route a mystery for some odd reason. I had not considered the cut through the park route but I see now that you mention it as a possibility. It looks to be just short of 5 miles by that route though when reports has her running 10 regularly. She could have continued north on Fish Lake to S Fenton and then back home which would only add a couple more miles to the route. Whatever route she took, I don't recall any reported sightings of her that day which is also odd given the length of the run on a Saturday afternoon in the middle of summer.

They're keeping her route a mystery for some odd reason. I had not considered the cut through the park route but I see now that you mention it as a possibility. It looks to be just short of 5 miles by that route though when reports has her running 10 regularly. She could have continued north on Fish Lake to S Fenton and then back home which would only add a couple more miles to the route. Whatever route she took, I don't recall any reported sightings of her that day which is also odd given the length of the run on a Saturday afternoon in the middle of summer.
Not as odd as you may think. On that day I was working on my computer when my editor texted me and said a young lady had been shot in the back while jogging. My first thought was "jogging?" It's pouring rain (and had been all morning). My husband then told me it had stopped about a half hour earlier. It's possible there weren't a lot of people out and about just yet.

Not as odd as you may think. On that day I was working on my computer when my editor texted me and said a young lady had been shot in the back while jogging. My first thought was "jogging?" It's pouring rain (and had been all morning). My husband then told me it had stopped about a half hour earlier. It's possible there weren't a lot of people out and about just yet.
@Rave1953

Thank you so much for your valuable insight and continued coverage on this unspeakable tragedy.

And I am so sorry for the harassment you have been subjected to. I worry about your safety and hope that you are taking precautions.

I have a few questions perhaps you could help me with. As always, I understand completely if you cannot answer:

1. How many times was Ally shot? I have read a few different accounts on this (i.e., mostly one, four or five), and it would be nice to to be able to work with accurate information.

2. How many times was the gun fired?

3. Were there any shell casings found at the scene?
1) If so, how many?

2) Again, if so, were they spread apart (e.g., one found in one spot, another 15 yards away, etc.)?

4. Is LE confident that the firearm used was a shotgun?

I don’t know anything about guns, so my apologies in advance if any of the above questions sound silly.

5. What time did Ally leave for her run that day?

ETA: Was this the time of the day Ally would usually go for a run whenever she would get off of work at 7 am (i.e., have the same work schedule as she did the day she was murdered)

Last edited:
@Rave1953

Thank you so much for your valuable insight and continued coverage on this unspeakable tragedy.

And I am so sorry for the harassment you have been subjected to. I worry about your safety and hope that you are taking precautions.

I have a few questions perhaps you could help me with. As always, I understand completely if you cannot answer:

1. How many times was Ally shot? I have read a few different accounts on this (i.e., mostly one, four or five), and it would be nice to to be able to work with accurate information.

1) If so, how many?

2) Again, if so, were they spread apart (e.g., one found in one spot, another 15 yards away, etc.)?

I don’t know anything about guns, so my apologies in advance if any of the above questions sound silly.

@Rave1953

1) If so, how many?

I understand that four or five shots were fire (I've heard both), but only one struck her in the back. Nikki said there were shell casings, but we don't know how many. This leads Nikki to believe that the gun was fired from outside the vehicle not from inside. Don't know how far apart they were, sorry. Yes, it has been concluded that it was a shotgun. She came home in the morning after working the night shift. She ate the Greek salad she brought home with her, and afterwards took a nap. Not sure exactly what time she went out for her run but as I said it was raining until about 1:30 or 2 that day. Pretty sure she wouldn't go out in that mess, especially on a muddy dirt road. But I didn't know her so I'm not sure what she was willing to do for a good jog.

I understand that four or five shots were fire (I've heard both), but only one struck her in the back. Nikki said there were shell casings, but we don't know how many. This leads Nikki to believe that the gun was fired from outside the vehicle not from inside. Don't know how far apart they were, sorry. Yes, it has been concluded that it was a shotgun. She came home in the morning after working the night shift. She ate the Greek salad she brought home with her, and afterwards took a nap. Not sure exactly what time she went out for her run but as I said it was raining until about 1:30 or 2 that day. Pretty sure she wouldn't go out in that mess, especially on a muddy dirt road. But I didn't know her so I'm not sure what she was willing to do for a good jog.

Thank you for taking the time. This definitely helps.

I got the feeling when I visited the scene that the shooter probably did not shoot from the inside of the car. I have to think a little more about this, along with what you shared, when I have the time (hopefully by this evening) and then post my thoughts.

Thanks again.

Hmmm. Regrouping.

It had been raining a lot that day/ground was muddy, slippery.
She didn't take her phone with her.

Maybe she didn't leave the house to go for a run; maybe she was attending to a private matter.

Hmmm. Regrouping.

It had been raining a lot that day/ground was muddy, slippery.
She didn't take her phone with her.

Maybe she didn't leave the house to go for a run; maybe she was attending to a private matter.
"Attending to a private matter" as in meeting privately with someone? IDK, Think3. Wouldn't she rather meet with someone in a public place, like a restaurant, even if it was a private conversation? JMO, I don't think Ally would've ventured down an isolated road if she knew someone with an axe to grind could find her there.

IIRC Wes claims he was questioned by police the day Ally was murdered and that at no time did they tell him Ally was dead. He said he didn't find out until he went into work and a coworker pulled him aside to show him an article about it.

Correct me if I got that wrong. I don't know if that is common practice or not, but I find that to be very strange. Why would LE not tell him that Ally had died? Would they not want to see how he reacted to such news? I just don't know what to think about this. Is this just one more of his big fat lies or what?

"Attending to a private matter" as in meeting privately with someone? IDK, Think3. Wouldn't she rather meet with someone in a public place, like a restaurant, even if it was a private conversation? JMO, I don't think Ally would've ventured down an isolated road if she knew someone with an axe to grind could find her there.

No, don't get me wrong...I don't think she ventured down a road to meet someone.

IIRC Wes claims he was questioned by police the day Ally was murdered and that at no time did they tell him Ally was dead. He said he didn't find out until he went into work and a coworker pulled him aside to show him an article about it.

Correct me if I got that wrong. I don't know if that is common practice or not, but I find that to be very strange. Why would LE not tell him that Ally had died? Would they not want to see how he reacted to such news? I just don't know what to think about this. Is this just one more of his big fat lies or what?
IIRC, there have been other cases where LE didn't tell a POI at the time that a victim was dead. The culprit may trip up by referring to the victim in the past tense and "assuming" the manner of death. Details only the murderer would know.

What seems especially surprising to me is that Wes supposedly hadn't read or heard in the news about Ally's death but his coworker had. I guess a murderer might avoid media accounts of an attack so they could genuinely react with surprise when they receive the news of the outcome. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back