GUILTY MI - April Millsap, 14, Armada, 24 July 2014 #1

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by BetteDavisEyes, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

There's a reason why one of the POIs is still in the county lockup ;) Marijuana charges in these parts usually don't keep folks behind bars. My guess is that there is more going on with the POI. :moo:

2. caspermi

caspermi New Member

Isn't he being held on a parole violation with a high bail?

3. BetteDavisEyes

^ I hadn't heard about the parole violation, but, yes, I read that bail is high and likely the reason that he's still in jail. I thought it was marijuana issue.

4. BetteDavisEyes

Brief update on WDIV. Search taking place is definitely related to the murder of April Millsap. More on 5:00 and 6:00 reports.

5. SieSie

SieSie Active Member

Hmmm, so this search appears to be in the vicinity of where the two lived who were taken into custody (for the marijuana plants) in the first search warrant?? I didn't realize one of the two were still in custody, either. Interesting!!

6. justnosey

justnosey New Member

7. WhoKnowsWhat

WhoKnowsWhat New Member

I thought is was non payment of child support.

8. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy New Member

This search is one of the strangest things I've ever seen. The only theory I can come up with is that someone (the guy in jail?) confessed to killing April and also to killing someone else and hiding the body on the Goodlell's property. With the coroner's van and the dogs, it has to be a body they are looking for.

9. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy New Member

10. tlcya

tlcya Old and Tired Websleuth

wow, movement! So they are searching the field behind VanCallis home on Marquette rd and also this goodell property? And there is a coroner van at the Goodell scene??

I have to get caught up here!

11. gam

gam Active Member

No his parole was discharged on 5-21-14. His bond is set at $75,000, with additional bond conditions of no use of alcohol or any controlled substance and must secure a GPS tether.

His dads bond was set at $75,000 to and with additional bond condition must secure a GPS tether. Dad paid the bond.

12. gam

gam Active Member

No he is charged with delivery/manufacture marijuana and maintain a drug house.

He has prior convictions. Convicted for Breaking & Entering a Building With Intent in 2005. Convicted for Child Support - Failing to Pay, in 2007 and 2012.

13. caspermi

caspermi New Member

Local ABC station, WXYZ, reported that authorities were looking for items in April's possession. What is interesting is that the reporter for the segment, Simon Shaykhet, up until last year, was employed as the spokesperson for the FBI's Detroit Office. It's likely to assume that he has access to some "insider information".

14. DMC

DMC New Member

Just wanted to clarify...this is a 2nd Search warrant on the same house in Goodells, MI. They were shown on tv searching the property behind the house with shovels...also another news report said they asked permission to dig up a spot behind the neighbors house...I think I heard about the neighbors house either on channel 4 detroit news or 107.1 port huron radio station...

15. tlcya

tlcya Old and Tired Websleuth

I really hope the new searching has turned up something substantive that leads to an arrest for April's murder. No time to check for updates, heading out to work.

Law enforcement experts told Local 4 the nature of the grid search suggests they are looking for something small and sturdy -- something that would have survived more than three weeks outside and not been destroyed by recent heavy rains.
    A lawyer for the family who owns the home made it clear they have had quite enough of the search warrants.
    "Although they have been fully cooperative with investigators from the beginning, their house has been “ransacked” a second time. They want the harassment to stop," said attorney Dean Ankouny.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...of-april-millsap-death-investigation/27583644

The FBI, Michigan State Police, Armada Police, and local officials spent a great deal of time at the Goodells County Park yesterday as they walked the perimeter of a portion Wales Township fields. All that was stated by Michigan State Police was that a sealed search warrant is being executed in connection with the April Millsap slaying investigation.

http://wgrt.com/investigation-continues-murder-fourteen-year-old-april-millsap/

16. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy New Member

Police have named James Donald Vancallis as a POI in April's killing. http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/2-charged-with-growing-marijuana-in-wales-township/27614070

17. SieSie

SieSie Active Member

Was just coming to post the same...

From Click on Detroit and BBM:

So, JDV IS now being labeled a POI. Interesting!!

18. BetteDavisEyes

I think it was more than a coincidence that the home was searched - "ransacked" as the owners' attorney described it - again yesterday.

:praying: that LE has their man and that there will soon be an arrest and someone charged with April's murder.

19. BetteDavisEyes

20. BetteDavisEyes

August 19, 2014 at 3:11 pm

Police have person of interest in Armada teen's killing

Ursula Watson/The Detroit News

Port Huron — A 32-year-old man arrested on marijuana charges is a person of interest in the disappearance of an Armada teen whose body was found in a ditch alongside a hiking trail.

James Donald VanCallis was taken into custody last month after the FBI searched a home in Goodells in St. Clair County. He and his father, James Bernard VanCallis, 66, were in St. Clair County Court Tuesday on drug charges related to a pot growing operation at their home...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140819/METRO03/308190100#ixzz3ArxIH5Pi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.