Found Deceased MI - Armani Kelly - Montoya Givens - Dante Wicker - Missing After Cancelled Performance @ Lounge 31 - Detroit

JAN 30

(WXYZ) — Detroit police say multiple Michigan agencies across jurisdictions are involved in the search for three men, believed to be associates, who were reported missing after a Detroit performance they were heading to was canceled on January 21.

The missing men are reported as Montoya Givens, 31; Armani Kelly, 28; and Dante Wicker, 31.

“It’s very extraordinary circumstances,” said Michael McGinnis, Commander of Major Crimes with the Detroit Police Department.

Oh wow, so all three of them are missing? This is not good.

Are the other men reported missing?
I know it's assumed they are.
On Jan. 27, it started being reported in the media that Kelly was missing, Detroit Police said. At that point, family members of Givens and Wicker figured out that Kelly was a friend of their loved ones, and they hadn’t seen them either. That’s when the other two men were reported missing.

JAN 30

Video at link.

Snipped...
...Police said Kelly's mother was able to use OnStar to track the vehicle he was driving to Warren, where it was recovered Jan. 23. Kelly is from Oscoda. Detroit police said Givens and Wicker are from Detroit and Melvindale, so those police departments are investigating along with DPD and Oscoda.

Anyone know the street addresses for Huntington Apartments and Londonderry Condos?
They're in this map.

The Life Church, 12221 Martin Rd, Warren, MI 48093
Huntington Club Apartments, 28801 Imperial Dr, Warren, MI 48093
Londonderry 28401 Queens Ct, Warren, MI 48093 (this may be a random address for one of the condos - not sure if there's an office there)

Snipped...

Oh noooo! That's not good at all. :( What the heck happened?

Noting:

Armani Kelly, 38, Montoya Givens, 31, and Dante Wicker, 31, are rappers who were slated to perform at Lounge 31 on 7 Mile near Gratiot on Jan. 21. However, the event was canceled.

"From there we just have a whole lot of unanswered questions that we’re trying to find the answer to," Detroit Police Cmdr. Michael McGinnis said. "The fact that the three of them are missing together is very concerning and very alarming for us."

McGinnis said a family member of one of the men believes they made it to the club before they disappeared, but police are still trying to confirm that. Phone records for all three men ended late Jan. 21 or early Jan. 22, police said.

(I'm going to report this post and ask that the other two are added to the thread title unless the mods think we should start two more threads.)

JAN 30

Detroit Police say Kelly, 27; Montoya Givens, 31; and Dante Wicker, 31; are all associates who were supposed to go perform at a club in Detroit called Lounge 31. Police say at some point, the performance got cancelled.

Kelly’s mother tells 6 News she got a voicemail from him that said he made it down safely to Detroit at 5 p.m. on Jan. 21.

After that, there are a lot of questions, Detroit Police said.

More at Rapper who grew up in Lansing one of 3 reported missing in Detroit
Voicemail at 5 pm and doors opened at 9 per the flyer on previous page. Hmmm.

Also noting:

On Monday, Kemp and Kelly’s fiancé, TP, came to Lansing to pass out flyers. It’s the place Kelly called home before serving eight years in prison.

“Something is just keeping my hope alive,” said TP. “I’m not gonna believe it until I see it. I won’t. I’m supposed to marry this man, and I won’t let him go until he’s gone.”

Detroit’s missing person homicide unit is now working the case.

“We will leverage all of our technology assets,” McGinnis said. “We’ve got license plate readers, we’ve got green light cameras, and I’m confident that using those tools, will help us.”

The car was found so the possibility of a car accident involving all three is a no go, correct?
I'm not sure they all traveled together. Armani drove from Oscoda but where did the other two come from? Is there another car missing? MOO

ETA: Per this article, Dante is from Melvindale.

On Jan. 21, Kelly along with 2 others, now identified as Dante Wicker of Melvindale and Montoya Givens were supposed to be performing at Lounge 31. Sadly they never made it.

Last edited:

The Saturday night of the Lounge show, Kelly told his fiancée the gig was canceled over an equipment issue, so he planned to link up with others. But texts, calls and Facebook messages went unanswered sometime after 7:30 p.m., she said.

With help from OnStar, Kemp tracked his 2017 Chevrolet Equinox to Warren.

It was eventually found muddy, without a license plate, at an apartment complex near Queens Court, Perrin said.

They aren't from Detroit but surrounding areas? Could there been problems between cliques? Both sides met up at the venue and things went sideways? Or were they invited to a party since the event was canceled and the people they went to hang out with had bad intentions? I hope these guys are ok.

The Saturday night of the Lounge show, Kelly told his fiancée the gig was canceled over an equipment issue, so he planned to link up with others. But texts, calls and Facebook messages went unanswered sometime after 7:30 p.m., she said.

With help from OnStar, Kemp tracked his 2017 Chevrolet Equinox to Warren.

It was eventually found muddy, without a license plate, at an apartment complex near Queens Court, Perrin said.
Aha, this answers my question. Thanks for the link, MrsWatson.

Noting:

Kelly, who performed under the alias Marley Whoop, was believed to have picked up Wicker and Givens before the show, according to a poster released by Missing in Michigan.

All three met in prison, Perrin said.

[...]

Authorities still are working to determine if the group ever reached the venue, McGinnis told reporters Monday. "At this point ... there's nothing to suggest they did."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back