GUILTY MI - Aundria Bowman, 14, murdered, Holland, 11 March 1989 *located 2020, adoptive father convicted*

Carl called me this am to let me know NAMUS and NCMEC have removed 14 y.o. Aundria M Bowman's name from their website. In my mind that means my child, Alexis Miranda Badger aka 14 y.o. Aundria M Bowman was found in a shallow grave behind Dennis and Brenda Bowman's home in Hamilton, MI.

Carl called me this am to let me know NAMUS and NCMEC have removed 14 y.o. Aundria M Bowman's name from their website. In my mind that means my child, Alexis Miranda Badger aka 14 y.o. Aundria M Bowman was found in a shallow grave behind Dennis and Brenda Bowman's home in Hamilton, MI.
I'm sorry. I pray this is the resolution you seek. Finding your sweet girl will be such a blessing and she can rest in peace knowing you did the absolute best you could.

Navy Times editor’s note: In a prepared statement released Friday, the Norfolk Police Homicide/Cold Case Section thanked Naval Criminal Investigative Service agents, the Norfolk Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office, the Allegan County Sheriff’s Office, Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office, the North Carolina State Police and the Michigan State Police for their combined efforts to track down Bowman. Found dead in her home on Sept. 11, 1980, Kathleen Doyle also was the daughter of a Navy officer.

GASACECVQJD6JGBPY6KBUJWDNE.png

LINK:
Man arrested for killing deployed pilot’s wife

There is a rumor 14 y.o. Aundria M Bowman aka Alexis Badger's remains were positively identified on the 11th of March, exactly 31 years after Dennis Lee Bowman murdered her then buried her in his backyard. Then Bowman called LE to report she'd runaway! No official announcement will be made till ME and DA have completed their tasks. I'm very ok with waiting until Alexis' aka Aundria's bd for LE to announce the findings!

Last edited:
Roselvr I appreciate u made the Grave profile but I don't want that Bowman name anywhere near my murdered daughter so when the annulment is over take that name off please.

That's why I want to control her memorial. I'm waiting for the day I can change her name! You know I don't ever call her anything but Alexis

Big hugs

DNA test of Michigan remains may bring mother's search to sad end

After years of searching for the daughter she gave up for adoption in 1974, Cathy Terkanian thinks she might have finally found her — although the story doesn't appear to be headed for a happy ending.

Police are working to identify remains they dug up in a western Michigan backyard. They say it might belong to Aundria Bowman, who has been missing since 1989, when she ran away from her home in Hamilton, Michigan, at age 14.

The road to finding the remains started with a relatively new law enforcement tactic — mining DNA from genealogy websites like ancestry.com — that led investigators to Aundria's adoptive father, Dennis Bowman, and then to a young girl's body buried in a backyard in Fillmore Township, near Holland...

S
DNA test of Michigan remains may bring mother's search to sad end

After years of searching for the daughter she gave up for adoption in 1974, Cathy Terkanian thinks she might have finally found her — although the story doesn't appear to be headed for a happy ending.

Police are working to identify remains they dug up in a western Michigan backyard. They say it might belong to Aundria Bowman, who has been missing since 1989, when she ran away from her home in Hamilton, Michigan, at age 14.

The road to finding the remains started with a relatively new law enforcement tactic — mining DNA from genealogy websites like ancestry.com — that led investigators to Aundria's adoptive father, Dennis Bowman, and then to a young girl's body buried in a backyard in Fillmore Township, near Holland...

Thanks for posting this Detroit News article. Sadly, there are several errors in it.

Here are the corrections Cathy posted

First correction, The detective who notified me about my beloved daughter, 14 y.o. Alexis Badger (name I gave her and use) aka Aundria M Bowman's disappearance was NOT from VA. The detective was from Allegan, MI. The Allegan Sheriff's detective told me, Dennis Lee Bowman had a criminal background prior to the abduction via adoption of Alexis.

Second correction, The road to finding Alexis started for me in the mid to late nineties by calling the agencies involved in the adoption of my daughter. Then in 2000 with the internet I was able to go onto site and register myself as searching for her. Then in 2010 I was notified that Alexis had gone missing from her adoptive family. The story was 14 y.o. Alexis/Aundria had been reported by her adoptive male person, Dennis Lee Bowman had "stolen money and run away." I investigated Dennis Lee Bowman and his criminal background from 2011 to 2020. I was told several times..."don't get ur hopes up!" I didn't listen to that message bc I determined to NEVER GIVE UP until I learned the truth and found my daughter!

Out of the blue, on Nov. 22, 2019, Norfolk,Va.police, Allegan Sheriff's, Ottawa Police and NCIS arrest Dennis Lee Bowman for the brutal rape and murder of 25 y.o. Kathleen Doyle in Norfolk, Va. on Sept 9, 1980. NCIS and Norfolk police used biological evidence left at the murder/rape scene with the new tactic of genealogy research to locate Dennis Lee Bowman as the murderer/rapist of Kathleen Doyle.

After the arrest Allegan police tried to get Bowman to tell the truth about what really happened to 14 y.o. Alexis/Aundria, but all cowardly Dennis Lee Bowman would admit was " I fought with Aundria, she fell down the stairs and broke her neck!"
Then Bowman told police, "I put Aundria's body in a garbage can and the truck picked it up and took it to the landfill."

Third correction, Dennis Lee Bowman murdered 14 y.o. Alexis/Aundria at his rented home in Lincoln Ave and M40, on the outskirts of Hamilton, MI. then took her dead body to 3210 136th Ave in Hamilton, MI. in Monterey, Township where he buried her in the backyard!! Bowman bought that property six months later and moved into the trailer that stood over the shallow grave where he buried my only child in!

In 2016 I told police my theory that Bowman had my child's body buried in his backyard, but it wasn't acted on until police weren't able to get Bowman to tell the truth about what he did with Alexis' remains. As almost a last resort, police obtained a search warrant for Dennis and Brenda Engweiler Bowman's 136th Ave property, and on Feb. 5th 2020, police exhumed skeletal remains from exactly where I told them to look!!

On March 11, 2020, exactly 31 years after Dennis Lee Bowman reported 14 y.o. Alexis/Aundria DNA confirmed the remains exhumed from Dennis Lee Bowman's backyard where my much beloved, much missed, never forgotten, missing girl, 14 y.o. Alexis Badger aka Aundria M Bowman.

Forth correction, Dennis Lee Bowman had a criminal record in MI. prior to being allowed to adopt in Va. Brenda Engweiler Bowman knew Bowman's criminal background but stayed silent.

Here are the corrections Cathy posted

First correction, The detective who notified me about my beloved daughter, 14 y.o. Alexis Badger (name I gave her and use) aka Aundria M Bowman's disappearance was NOT from VA. The detective was from Allegan, MI. The Allegan Sheriff's detective told me, Dennis Lee Bowman had a criminal background prior to the abduction via adoption of Alexis.

Second correction, The road to finding Alexis started for me in the mid to late nineties by calling the agencies involved in the adoption of my daughter. Then in 2000 with the internet I was able to go onto site and register myself as searching for her. Then in 2010 I was notified that Alexis had gone missing from her adoptive family. The story was 14 y.o. Alexis/Aundria had been reported by her adoptive male person, Dennis Lee Bowman had "stolen money and run away." I investigated Dennis Lee Bowman and his criminal background from 2011 to 2020. I was told several times..."don't get ur hopes up!" I didn't listen to that message bc I determined to NEVER GIVE UP until I learned the truth and found my daughter!

Out of the blue, on Nov. 22, 2019, Norfolk,Va.police, Allegan Sheriff's, Ottawa Police and NCIS arrest Dennis Lee Bowman for the brutal rape and murder of 25 y.o. Kathleen Doyle in Norfolk, Va. on Sept 9, 1980. NCIS and Norfolk police used biological evidence left at the murder/rape scene with the new tactic of genealogy research to locate Dennis Lee Bowman as the murderer/rapist of Kathleen Doyle.

After the arrest Allegan police tried to get Bowman to tell the truth about what really happened to 14 y.o. Alexis/Aundria, but all cowardly Dennis Lee Bowman would admit was " I fought with Aundria, she fell down the stairs and broke her neck!"
Then Bowman told police, "I put Aundria's body in a garbage can and the truck picked it up and took it to the landfill."

Third correction, Dennis Lee Bowman murdered 14 y.o. Alexis/Aundria at his rented home in Lincoln Ave and M40, on the outskirts of Hamilton, MI. then took her dead body to 3210 136th Ave in Hamilton, MI. in Monterey, Township where he buried her in the backyard!! Bowman bought that property six months later and moved into the trailer that stood over the shallow grave where he buried my only child in!

In 2016 I told police my theory that Bowman had my child's body buried in his backyard, but it wasn't acted on until police weren't able to get Bowman to tell the truth about what he did with Alexis' remains. As almost a last resort, police obtained a search warrant for Dennis and Brenda Engweiler Bowman's 136th Ave property, and on Feb. 5th 2020, police exhumed skeletal remains from exactly where I told them to look!!

On March 11, 2020, exactly 31 years after Dennis Lee Bowman reported 14 y.o. Alexis/Aundria DNA confirmed the remains exhumed from Dennis Lee Bowman's backyard where my much beloved, much missed, never forgotten, missing girl, 14 y.o. Alexis Badger aka Aundria M Bowman.

Forth correction, Dennis Lee Bowman had a criminal record in MI. prior to being allowed to adopt in Va. Brenda Engweiler Bowman knew Bowman's criminal background but stayed silent.
So Aundria has been identified?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back