GUILTY MI - Aundria Bowman, 14, murdered, Holland, 11 March 1989 *located 2020, adoptive father convicted*

Happy 40th birthday Alexis where ever you are
Sending hugs to Cathy

attachment.php

Attachments

• Alexis40Bday.jpg
    Alexis40Bday.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 382
As of 2014 Alexis/Aundria is 40 yrs old and been missing 25 yrs!! She is loved so much and all we want is to know she is alive!! It does my heart a world of good and keeps my hope intact to see people wishing her a "Happy Birthday" God bless u all!

As of 2014 Alexis/Aundria is 40 yrs old and been missing 25 yrs!! She is loved so much and all we want is to know she is alive!! It does my heart a world of good and keeps my hope intact to see people wishing her a "Happy Birthday" God bless u all!

I've uploaded Runaway Train to Alexis you tube so that Cathy has control over it as well as any comments. Link below

[video=youtu;LOkXdS8Zmwk]http://youtu.be/Cnp8CeDHv1o[/video]

Listen to Can You Identify Me on the air this Sunday, July 13
on the following Las Vegas radio stations:

KVGS 107.9 BOB FM 6:00 AM,
KOAS 105.7 Old School FM 6:30AM,
KKLZ 96.3 Greatest Hits FM 6:30AM,
KDWN AM 720 11:00 PM
KCYE 102.7 The Coyote FM 11:30 PM

Executive Director, Rebel J. Morris will be joined by
Board Member, Cathy Terkanian and
Board Advisor, David Van Norman.

Learn about the tragedy of a young mother who was forced to give up her child for adoption, only to find out years later the child reported the adopted family for abuse and then turned up missing. This child remains missing today, 25 years later! The birth mother now searches high and low, and even Jane Does to find her child.

The stations stream live, so everyone can listen. Links are available at http://canyouidentifyme.org/

Find Aundria M Bowman posted new flier from Cynthia Caron of LostNMissing

Aundria Bowman age 14 missing since March 11, 1989 Hamilton, Michigan
CLASSIFICATION - ENDANGERED MISSING

Find Aundria Bowman FB
https://www.facebook.com/FindAundriaMBowman
Aundria Bowman age 14 missing since March 11, 1989 Michigan

NamUs - https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/1830/3/
DOE NETWORK - http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/184dfmi.html

Every Mother's Worst Nightmare! How I found out my daughter Aundria "Alexis" Bowman was missing
https://www.facebook.com/notes/find-aundria-m-bowman/find-aundria-m-bowman/341650469294321

NATIONAL CENTER FOR MISSING & EXPLOITED (NCMEC) - http://goo.gl/ewuDt
CHARLEY PROJECT http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bowman_aundria.html
ALLEGAN COUNTY - http://www.allegancounty.org/Government/SD/DET/MissingPersons.asp?pt=Government
MICHIGAN DOES - says partial dentals; see below
http://www.michigandoes.com/MP/AundriaBowman.html

CLASSIFICATION - ENDANGERED MISSING

VITAL STATISTICS -
Date Of Birth: June 23, 1974
Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5; 115 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; green eyes. She may have bleached her hair blonde.
Marks, Scars: She has pierced ears.
AKA: Alex; Alexis
Dental records were lost
DNA - profile in CODIS

CIRCUMSTANCES OF DISAPPEARANCE - Her NamUs page says she is missing from her home in Hamilton Michigan March 11, 1989.. It has also been reported that she was missing from or spent time in a youth home in Holland, Ottawa County, Michigan. According to the detective; she was never in a youth home. We do know her dentals were lost to damage in storage; and do not know if her file was also lost to damage.

All information may be submitted on an anonymous basis.

If you have any information concerning Aundria Bowman's whereabouts, PLEASE CONTACT -
ALLEGAN COUNTY SHERIFF's DEPT.
Allegan County Michigan 49010
CAPTAIN MIKE LARSEN
269-673-0500
Email: sheriff@allegancounty.org
CASE NUMBER 3128-89
NCMEC #: NCMC601760
NCIC Number: M-414252008
Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

RENEWED HOPE FOR MISSING COLD CASES - May 8, 2013
http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/255839/5/Renewed-hope-for-missing-persons-cold-cases

Attachments

• 12182014FlierLostNMissing.jpg
    12182014FlierLostNMissing.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 175
Just read the entire thread and praying praying praying that somehow this story has a happy ending. I know there's not much hope, but I'm still going to pray that Alexis is out there alive somewhere. The mother's pain just rips through my heart, no one should have to endure this.

Find Aundria M Bowman Posted March 10 at 1:04pm ·

Tomorrow, March 11 will be the 26th anniversary of the last verified sighting of Alexis. Many of you have been asking me to explain the circumstances of my daughter’s life with her adopted family, and her disappearance. So I will explain it as briefly as possible.

In 1976, my daughter Alexis was adopted in Norfolk Virginia by Dennis and Brenda Bowman. Dennis had just gotten out of the Navy, and after they adopted Alexis, they named her Aundria and moved back to their home state of Michigan.

I call her by her original name Alexis. In 1980, when Alexis was 5 years old, Dennis was arrested and charged with attempted murder in connection with an assault on K.A. (18) of West Olive MI. Bowman, while riding a motorcycle along Lakeshore Drive near Kirk Park, spotted KA riding her bicycle alongside the highway. After a couple of U-turns and a couple of passes by KA, he pulled up to her from behind and forced her off the road. He then pulled out a handgun and ordered her to get off of her bicycle and walk into the adjacent woods.

KA stayed seated on her bicycle and didn’t comply. Dennis became agitated, and yelled at her that if she didn’t do what he said, he would “blow a hole right through” her. He fired two shots, one passing her to her right, and the other at the ground next to her foot. Just about then, a motorist in a pickup truck approached on the highway. As Dennis looked back at the truck, KA peddled out into the highway in front of the truck. The truck stopped, and she threw her bicycle into the back and jumped in. The driver of the truck took her away from the scene to her home, and she called the police. Bowman fled, but was apprehended by police shortly afterward, and KA subsequently positively ID'd Dennis as her attacker. He admitted in court that his intent was to engage in (as he put it) “forced sexual relations” with KA.

He pled guilty to "Assault with intent to commit criminal sexual conduct", and spent five years in the Michigan state prison. While Dennis was incarcerated in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, Brenda and Alexis moved up to Kincheloe, and Alexis attended school in Rudyard. In 1986, Dennis was paroled, and not long after that, they moved to Allegan County. Alexis was enrolled in Hamilton High School. Several people have told us that the Bowmans were well known in the neighborhood as strange people. We have also been told by several of Alexis’ classmates that Alexis was teased and bullied in high school. Boys who dated her were urged by their parents to stay away from her because of her family’s reputation.

In December 1987, Brenda gave birth to a daughter Vanessa.

In 1989, Alexis reported to the school counselor that she had been “abused” by her father. The police got involved, but they did not take her allegations seriously. Instead, they advised Alexis that she needed to understand her responsibilities around the household, and advised the Bowmans to do what they need to do to ensure that they don’t have to return.

In March 1989. Dennis reported to the police that Alexis stole $100 from him and ran away. A few months later, the Bowmans moved to a different residence in Allegan County, and they have lived at that location ever since. On several occasions Brenda called the police to report that Alexis had been seen in the city of Holland by various persons. According to Brenda, the persons who saw Alexis said that she was obviously pregnant, and she had bleached her hair blonde. But police were never able to verify any of these alleged sightings.

In 1998, Nine years after Alexis was last seen, Dennis was arrested again for breaking into the home of a co-worker V.V., whom Dennis had been stalking. When police searched Dennis’ home, they found V.V.’s underwear and lingerie in a tote bag. Also in the tote bag was a Halloween mask, dark clothing , and an illegal sawed-off shotgun. The door to V.V.’s home had been forced open with a crowbar, and the corners of her curtains were cut to allow someone to see in to her bedroom from outside. In a letter to the judge pleading for leniency, Dennis stated that he is the proud father of two “lovely” daughters, one 11, and the other 25. He made no mention of the fact that the 25 year old daughter (who actually would have been 24 at the time) had been missing for a decade.

For breaking and entering the home of V.V., he spent another year in county jail.

Other than the unconfirmed “sightings” reported by Brenda, In the 25 years since Alexis allegedly stole $100 and ran away, she hasn’t been seen by anyone.

Find Aundria M Bowman Posted March 10 at 1:04pm ·

Tomorrow, March 11 will be the 26th anniversary of the last verified sighting of Alexis. Many of you have been asking me to explain the circumstances of my daughter’s life with her adopted family, and her disappearance. So I will explain it as briefly as possible.

In 1976, my daughter Alexis was adopted in Norfolk Virginia by Dennis and Brenda Bowman. Dennis had just gotten out of the Navy, and after they adopted Alexis, they named her Aundria and moved back to their home state of Michigan.

I call her by her original name Alexis. In 1980, when Alexis was 5 years old, Dennis was arrested and charged with attempted murder in connection with an assault on K.A. (18) of West Olive MI. Bowman, while riding a motorcycle along Lakeshore Drive near Kirk Park, spotted KA riding her bicycle alongside the highway. After a couple of U-turns and a couple of passes by KA, he pulled up to her from behind and forced her off the road. He then pulled out a handgun and ordered her to get off of her bicycle and walk into the adjacent woods.

KA stayed seated on her bicycle and didn’t comply. Dennis became agitated, and yelled at her that if she didn’t do what he said, he would “blow a hole right through” her. He fired two shots, one passing her to her right, and the other at the ground next to her foot. Just about then, a motorist in a pickup truck approached on the highway. As Dennis looked back at the truck, KA peddled out into the highway in front of the truck. The truck stopped, and she threw her bicycle into the back and jumped in. The driver of the truck took her away from the scene to her home, and she called the police. Bowman fled, but was apprehended by police shortly afterward, and KA subsequently positively ID'd Dennis as her attacker. He admitted in court that his intent was to engage in (as he put it) “forced sexual relations” with KA.

He pled guilty to "Assault with intent to commit criminal sexual conduct", and spent five years in the Michigan state prison. While Dennis was incarcerated in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, Brenda and Alexis moved up to Kincheloe, and Alexis attended school in Rudyard. In 1986, Dennis was paroled, and not long after that, they moved to Allegan County. Alexis was enrolled in Hamilton High School. Several people have told us that the Bowmans were well known in the neighborhood as strange people. We have also been told by several of Alexis’ classmates that Alexis was teased and bullied in high school. Boys who dated her were urged by their parents to stay away from her because of her family’s reputation.

In December 1987, Brenda gave birth to a daughter Vanessa.

In 1989, Alexis reported to the school counselor that she had been “abused” by her father. The police got involved, but they did not take her allegations seriously. Instead, they advised Alexis that she needed to understand her responsibilities around the household, and advised the Bowmans to do what they need to do to ensure that they don’t have to return.

In March 1989. Dennis reported to the police that Alexis stole $100 from him and ran away. A few months later, the Bowmans moved to a different residence in Allegan County, and they have lived at that location ever since. On several occasions Brenda called the police to report that Alexis had been seen in the city of Holland by various persons. According to Brenda, the persons who saw Alexis said that she was obviously pregnant, and she had bleached her hair blonde. But police were never able to verify any of these alleged sightings.

In 1998, Nine years after Alexis was last seen, Dennis was arrested again for breaking into the home of a co-worker V.V., whom Dennis had been stalking. When police searched Dennis’ home, they found V.V.’s underwear and lingerie in a tote bag. Also in the tote bag was a Halloween mask, dark clothing , and an illegal sawed-off shotgun. The door to V.V.’s home had been forced open with a crowbar, and the corners of her curtains were cut to allow someone to see in to her bedroom from outside. In a letter to the judge pleading for leniency, Dennis stated that he is the proud father of two “lovely” daughters, one 11, and the other 25. He made no mention of the fact that the 25 year old daughter (who actually would have been 24 at the time) had been missing for a decade.

For breaking and entering the home of V.V., he spent another year in county jail.

Other than the unconfirmed “sightings” reported by Brenda, In the 25 years since Alexis allegedly stole $100 and ran away, she hasn’t been seen by anyone.

I'm usually one who keeps my opinion to myself, but you don't need to be a Sherlock Holmes to figure this case out.

Reading about this on facebook and web forums makes this, IMO, the saddest missing person case I am aware of.

I'm usually one who keeps my opinion to myself, but you don't need to be a Sherlock Holmes to figure this case out.

Reading about this on facebook and web forums makes this, IMO, the saddest missing person case I am aware of.

Very sad that LE never questioned anything back then even with the adoptive fathers history

Great video of Aundria's mom Cathy, Eric's mom Jo & Chelsey Brucks mom at Missing In Michigan 2015
Event in Detroit Honors, Remembers the Missing in Michigan - Published on May 20, 2015

Family, friends and police gathered at the Renaissance Center in Detroit to honor those who have gone missing. We spoke to Michigan State Police, as well as the mothers of Chelsea Bruck, Eric Franks and Aundria Bowman.

It's been a while since I've read this entire thread, so I apologize if this question has already been answered.

Have the house & property that Brenda and Dennis moved away from a few month's after Aundria's disappearance been thoroughly searched with cadaver dogs & ground penetrating radar?

I don't know whether Dennis would have disposed of the body at his own home, but the fact that moved away so quickly seems suspicious, unless of course they were forced out. Most parents with missing children are very reluctant to move.

It's been a while since I've read this entire thread, so I apologize if this question has already been answered.

Have the house & property that Brenda and Dennis moved away from a few month's after Aundria's disappearance been thoroughly searched with cadaver dogs & ground penetrating radar?

I don't know whether Dennis would have disposed of the body at his own home, but the fact that moved away so quickly seems suspicious, unless of course they were forced out. Most parents with missing children are very reluctant to move.

As far as I know, the grounds have never been searched. There is a heavily wooded gully just across the street, that I don't think has ever been searched either.

We were there just last week, and saw that the farm market that sat on that corner is now closed down, and the property is for sale again.

She supposedly ran away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back