Found Alive MI - Camay Lowe, 25, Hamtramck, Wayne County, 17 Dec 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Dec 28, 2019.

1. GuyfromCanada

GuyfromCanada Well-Known Member

PommyMommy and Trinitee like this.

2. indicolite22

indicolite22 Well-Known Member

From the video in the link of the opening post:

When she left home she wasn't dressed for the elements (told her mother that she'd be right back), and she did not have the medication with her that she needs for a diagnosed mental illness. She has a cell phone that isn't connected to a carrier - she can only use wi-fi. She used to be on social media all the time, but there has been no activity on her phone since the day she disappeared. The police need warrants to examine her social media accounts. In the meantime the family is actively searching the neigbourhood, including asking people to check their surveillance videos.

I hope they can trace her last known location through her phone.

PommyMommy likes this.
  3. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

If you put her name in the search engine in FB there is a "missing" FB page that has a poster with her physical description and a description of what she was wearing. It also shows her wearing glasses which makes her appearance a bit different than the photo above. I don't I can link it per the rules but it's easy to find.

PommyMommy likes this.
  4. indicolite22

indicolite22 Well-Known Member

PommyMommy and GraceG like this.
  5. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

DEC 31, 2019
    Two weeks ago, Hamtramck woman told mother she’d be right back home. She’s still missing
    [...]

Lowe was last seen Dec. 17 leaving her apartment near Conant and Caniff streets in Hamtramck, officials said.

[...]

DW and other family members are going door to door, looking for answers that could help lead to their loved one.

[...]

“She left coming this way,” Warren said. “We don’t know anything else.”

On Tuesday, her family was also asking homeowners with surveillance cameras in the area to check footage, just in case.

Lowe’s mother said the family is working with Crime Stoppers and will be offering a reward for information within the next few days.

6. PommyMommy

DEC 31, 2019
    Family searches for clues to find missing woman in Hamtramck

[​IMG] [​IMG]

...last seen leaving her home on the 5000 block of Trowbridge St., on her way to a gas station at Conant and Caniff.

[...]

Her loved ones also tell us Camay suffers from mental illness, and they fear she could be involved in human trafficking. Police are not releasing a lot of details about their investigation into this disappearance, but they do say they’re looking at surveillance videos from nearby businesses and a gas station for possible clues.

[...]

7. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

I have noted that in a good majority of missing women in the late 20's and 30's the family says it's "human trafficking". The majority of female human trafficking victims are in the 12- 14 age range. There is not much demand for a woman in her late 20's and 30's. They also target young people that do not have family connections, i.e. runaways. Not impossible that she wasn't a victim but not as likely. If she is mentally ill it's more likely she had a break and went off on her own for a while. I do hope she is found. Winter is not a good time to be on the streets.

PommyMommy, Nancy19XX and Luckyzmom like this.
  8. Nancy19XX

Nancy19XX Well-Known Member

MOO but that is a very busy intersection. I drive through there on my way home from work all the time and it's always super congested due to the small streets. There are also a lot of things at that corner (party store, a bar, gas station, donut shop, etc.). I am wondering if she ever made it to the main road, if she ever made it to the gas station? There would have to be footage of her somewhere! Most of those side streets are not well lit and if she was walking and it was dark - I could see a person easily being able to sneak up on someone. I am hoping she is found safe, but the more time that goes on, I am not feeling as hopeful. :(

PommyMommy likes this.
  9. GuyfromCanada

GuyfromCanada Well-Known Member

10. PommyMommy

Nancy19XX likes this.
  11. Darling136

Darling136 Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

12. Iggy2020

Iggy2020 Well-Known Member

Toronto?? I guess she is safe so that is all that matters. She must have left with her passport as well. Moo

Nancy19XX and PommyMommy like this.
  13. YaYa_521

YaYa_521 Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Fantastic news! I hope she's well soon.

Nancy19XX likes this.