GUILTY MI - Carnel Chamberlain, 4, Mount Pleasant, 21 June 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had not seen this interview with the construction worker, thank you TJ.

He states "On the Wednesday before this happened, we heard yelling and screaming coming from the house".

"The following day one of our workers smelled, it was probably after 5 or 6, had a funny odor coming from the chimney, which right there, you can see it".

I don't recall seeing a chimney on the house? So there is a fireplace in it?

I wonder if this house has a wood furnace? sigh.

Going to sleep now. I can't handle all the dv talk when we have no proof jc was a victim and nothing in msm to suggest she was. Jmo but without a link to support this dv discussion I question whether it should be allowed as it is only a rumor and ws doesnt allow rumors.

I was thinking about this last night. If mom came clean to the FBI on what she witnessed AB doing to Carnel - would SHE not be able to also now file charges against AB IF he abused her? He is in jail for what he did to Carnel, so it is not like he will get out anytime soon.

Can someone explain the legal ramifications? Is LE/Prosecutor going after AB for Carnel's abuse because they BELIEVE it ended in him losing his life, autopsy results pending...

Mom is still alive...

Just out of curiosity I haven't seen any reports on the biological father of Carnel. Has anyone heard or know of anything about him?

Does anyone know when the construction workers let the Tribal Police know what they heard/smelled?

Also, how did AB get away with burying Carnel under the house without anyone seeing him? The neighbors are close together. There is an open field in front and behind the house. The subdivision behind the house has a small open field between them.

So many questions, I am not related and do not live on the rez. I live 5 miles away. I just don't how this happened and how the abuse was allowed to continue.

JE I have seen your posts in other threads and have nothing but respect for you and what you have been through {hugs}.

I want to have compassion for JC, but with every new detail revealed, I struggle with an impulse to judge her. I'm angry that Carnel, who was completely without a say in the choice of Mommy's new live-in, suffered because that person could not control himself. Even sadder that her need to "be loved" trumped protecting her son.

Can you imagine how Carnel felt? What did he think when he told her AB hurt him. What was Jaimee's reply to him? What were his thoughts, when AB grabbed him by the neck and dragged him to his room and Mommy did not stop him? Just imagining those scenarios and how he must have felt breaks my heart.

I don't know that I agree Jaimee herself suffered abuse at the hands of AB. I think I'm going to need proof of that first.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
I want to give JC sympathy but when asked why she let that monster take care of her helpless child after knowingly allowing physical abuse to continue because "he said that he loved me and my brother introduced us so I thought that he was ok." I want to throw up.

Does anyone know when the construction workers let the Tribal Police know what they heard/smelled?

Also, how did AB get away with burying Carnel under the house without anyone seeing him? The neighbors are close together. There is an open field in front and behind the house. The subdivision behind the house has a small open field between them.

So many questions, I am not related and do not live on the rez. I live 5 miles away. I just don't how this happened and how the abuse was allowed to continue.

Pictures at link.
http://www.wnem.com/slideshow?widgetId=56648&slideshowImageId=1

Is this a mobile home or a house with a foundation? The photo below shows the home without the porch. Was he found under the front or back porch?

1687841_G.jpg

ETA- After looking a pics again, this is a mobile home, you can see the pier in the photo above. I think the average airspace is 24 to 36 inches, but in cold country it may be different. I'm in California.

I have an unconfirmed rumor from my source and it makes me want to throw up.... Jaimee may be pregnant with ABs baby. Omg.

Every child is precious, if she is pregnant, so be it. I'm sure you did not mean to come across the way your post reads?

Personally, I think that information should be off limits for discussion at this point in time.

I was thinking about this last night. If mom came clean to the FBI on what she witnessed AB doing to Carnel - would SHE not be able to also now file charges against AB IF he abused her? He is in jail for what he did to Carnel, so it is not like he will get out anytime soon.

Can someone explain the legal ramifications? Is LE/Prosecutor going after AB for Carnel's abuse because they BELIEVE it ended in him losing his life, autopsy results pending...

Mom is still alive...

Usually when a crime occurs on the rez, the Tribal Prosecutor will determine if it qualifies as a Major Crimes Act status, then it is given to Federal, as is the case here. From what I have read, there are charges now, but not murder, this keeps him in a jail and will become part of 'lesser included charges' with a primary charge of murder.

GRAPHIC WARNING,

if there is either smoke, dirt in, or Carnel's lungs are seared, then there will be much more severe murder charges as well as more 'lesser included charges'.

The Feds have a 3 strike law:

BUT: The statute does not apply to persons subject to the criminal jurisdiction of an Indian tribal government for offenses committed in Indian country where federal jurisdiction is predicated solely on Indian country, unless the governing body of the tribe has elected that the provision have effect over land and persons subject to the criminal jurisdiction of the tribe.

http://www.justice.gov/usao/eousa/foia_reading_room/usam/title9/crm01032.htm

I have not found, yet, the criteria that Saginaw Chippewa Tribe uses concerning DP.

another sweet soul gone too soon...
i know its hard to say but it sounds like hes better off with GOD

Court records show Carnel Chamberlain's life was troubled
http://www.abc12.com/story/18918243/court-records-show-carnel-chamberlains-life-was-troubled

Well, well, well...now I can understand her not reacting to the abuse...she NEVER cared for or wanted him. He NEVER had a chance. If you never bonded with your child to begin with, you'll NEVER bond with your child...no matter how much pressure is put on you - by CPS, or courts, or family...

The fact that this happened, at all, is heartbreaking. Not all information is known, at this point. As Cubby said earlier, according to WS TOS, Jaimee is a victim until it is proven otherwise. Of course, Carnel is the primary victim here, that is obvious. No matter how it shakes out, it is sad.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
I want to give JC sympathy but when asked why she let that monster take care of her helpless child after knowingly allowing physical abuse to continue because "he said that he loved me and my brother introduced us so I thought that he was ok." I want to throw up.

Introduced by the brother who is in prison?? or, am I mixing this case up with another one? sorry

If she is indeed pregnant, that would explain her sticking to him like glue. I think it is something women are hardwired to do.

Is there any evidence that the mom was a victim of Domestic Violence?

If Carnel was abused and murdered, both the child and his mom were victims of domestic abuse. One way to shut up a victim of abuse is for the abuser to threaten other family members. For example, there have been mothers and fathers who threatened to kill the kids if their spouses filed for divorce. Sometimes, the victim senses this even if it is not spoken. In many cases, the victim separates from the abuser anyway and is provided insufficient police protection that leads to the death of the victim and his/her children. I'm sure all of us could rattle off 10-20 cases where Mother X filed for divorce from Father Y only to have Father Y kill the whole family and shoot himself, too.

Certainly, we all wish Carnel's mother had made better choices. Certainly, we don't know the degree to which she was a victim of abuse. Certainly, she could bear some responsibility for what happened to her child. But it's all speculation at this point. Let's hold off on the lynching and wait for some facts while we observe the TOS and mourn this child's death.

I have actually cared for children who were in Carnels situation.....except they didn't die. The overwhelming feeling of betrayal from the parent....mother or father...sometimes grandparent....was heartbreaking. I think of the look in those precious ones eyes and can't help but cry. There was no trust left for anyone. My prayer is that someday, these tiny victims will be given the same zealous defense and compassion as what is given to the enablers of the abuse. But, they have no voice. So many times, they are returned to the one who allowed the abuse.....with cheers from the defenders.

Well, well, well...now I can understand her not reacting to the abuse...she NEVER cared for or wanted him. He NEVER had a chance. If you never bonded with your child to begin with, you'll NEVER bond with your child...no matter how much pressure is put on you - by CPS, or courts, or family...

This was stated before in this thread..........where she said (my wording not the exact wording) that Carnel was her world, she talked of him every day, and had turned her life around..........

Every child is precious, if she is pregnant, so be it. I'm sure you did not mean to come across the way your post reads?

Personally, I think that information should be off limits for discussion at this point in time.

I'm sure that child would be precious and beautiful... Just like Carnel. But I am also disgusted that this baby could go through the same thing. What if they can't charge him and he raises that baby?

I'm sure that child would be precious and beautiful... Just like Carnel. But I am also disgusted that this baby could go through the same thing. What if they can't charge him and he raises that baby?

AB is charged with assault and abuse, those will be the 'lesser included charges' until the autopsy is complete. At that time more charges can/will be added. I don't think AB will ever have the chance to 'parent'. IMHO He may be a sperm donor but he won't be a father. IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni