GUILTY MI - Charlie Bothuell, 12, Detroit, 16 June 2014

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by los2188, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Lava

Lava Well-Known Member

If stepmom was hiding the kid, that means dad wouldn't have known he was in the basement, or be found there. So it doesn't jive with his acting.

My theory is that he obviously figured out that something was going on with stepmom and kid, probably based on her interactions with the police, and maybe being secluded from him. He would know if he abused her and the kid previously and would be nervous. He would know about the tunnels and the uncles house, and maybe started putting the pieces together and knew it was only a matter of time before everything came out. So hence, the acting.

2. wishingtree

wishingtree Active Member

Thank you - testing to see if I got it right. :)

3. mrsobrien

mrsobrien Well-Known Member

Homeschooling requirements in MI are extremely lax.

http://a2zhomeschooling.com/laws/united_states/michigan_home_school_laws/

4. wishingtree

wishingtree Active Member

Thank you for that information - I'll look it up.

5. JLSChook

JLSChook Well-Known Member

http://www.kxly.com/news/Missing-Michigan-boy-now-with-his-mom/26668388

6. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

7. JLSChook

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...-basement-being-questioned-by-police/26665452

8. JLSChook

No story yet, but....

http://www.cnn.com/?hpt=sitenav

9. CarolinaMoon

CarolinaMoon Well-Known Member

Just got in from dinner and put on the TV. JVM is squawking that stepmother has been arrested on a probation violation which LE says is not related to the case.

Curiouser and curioser.

Dad will be on NG tonight!

Haven't had a chance to check out other MSM sources yet, so no source other than these programs to link.

ETA: JLSChook has a link above!

10. MotherOcean

MotherOcean Well-Known Member

I am behind and catching up on posts. Maybe someone has already answered. But, yes, a 14 year old brother and a sister. I think the sister is 10 months old. Maybe a step-brother and a half-sister? Not sure about the brother/step-brother.

EDIT to add: Oh my word! Now articles say the brother is 4, not 14. I was wondering how the brother could be a half-brother. So, the 5 gallon drum was actually a 55 gallon drum and the 14 year old is actually a 4 year old.

11. nitsirk

nitsirk Active Member

http://www.wxyz.com/news/new-twist-in-case-of-12-year-old-charlie-bothuell-info-on-underground-hallway-that-connected-units

12. twocuriouscats

twocuriouscats Searching for Killer Owls

He reacted the same way I did when told my son was dead (tragically, unexpected)...all I could say was "What"? "What"? And then again, "What"?
    Just my experience, but I have had to tell others that their loved one's have passed and that's always the reaction..."What"? You just can't fathom what you are being told. Seems like a perfectly normal reaction to me. JMO of course.
    I realize that he got good news - but it's still shocking to a parent. I'm sure he wasn't expecting to hear "found alive". NG is acting like a real see you next tuesday - I guess for ratings.

13. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry you suffered such a tragic loss

14. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

I don't know what to think anymore :scared: I hope LE can sort this out.

15. heartgoesout

heartgoesout Well-Known Member

So this puts a curious spin on this case. I originally posted maybe the child was hidden in the uncle's house unbeknownst to him. With the underground tunnels this is highly likely, but...Uncle running for Attorney General...politicians do not like dirty laundry aired. Sometimes they will go to great lengths to make sure ugly matters or family matters are not found out as to not hurt their campaigns. Just sayin' IMO

16. Aeronomy

Aeronomy Active Member

You may have been referring to my post which, interestingly enough, came from the same news source. http://www.wxyz.com/news/lie-detect...ng-12-year-old-charlie-bothuell?autoplay=true

"Polygraph tests for Charlie Bothuell's father have come back inconclusive. The child's stepmother declined to take the polygraph test."

17. heartgoesout

heartgoesout Well-Known Member

Very sorry for your loss. My heartgoesout to you. I dare not take a parents reaction away, but this guy's reaction has red flags all over it...jmo

18. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

Agree. I cant see the Uncle involved either. For the same reasons you point out.

19. Aeronomy

Aeronomy Active Member

My first thought when reading about this was, "Oh, this publicity stunt so did not turn out the way someone hoped."

20. MotherOcean

MotherOcean Well-Known Member

I am wondering if Charlie was really working out at all. Maybe that was said just to provide a reason for what happened to him; i.e., "he was out jogging... he must have just kept on jogging... far away from home...". Early articles did say that dogs tracked his scent to a nearby park where the scent was then lost. When I first read that I thought it sounded like someone in a car had picked him up.