GUILTY MI - Charlie Bothuell, 12, Detroit, 16 June 2014

His reaction looked genuine but fearful to me in Nancy Grace. If I had nothing to hide..and I didn't HAVE to stay for an interview I OWE the Media NOTHING. I would have threw down my microphone and done everything to be with my son. That would have been a true reaction. I have a feeling he knew he would have been in hot water when he got home. When he said "my son" and acted like he was going to take off his mic..you can see the second thought going through his head. JMHO

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140627/METRO01/306270072/Police-looking-into-whether-father-s-interest-son-s-fitness-abusive

During the 11 days Charlie Bothuell V was considered missing, his father made several references to how fit his son was. After the boy was discovered crouching in the basement of his east-side townhouse Wednesday and Detroit Police Chief James Craig said he didn’t think Charlie could have moved the heavy drum and boxes that obscured his hiding place, his father replied: “Have you seen my son?” — a reference to the boy’s physique.

Now, police sources say investigators are trying to determine whether Bothuell’s interest with his son’s health crossed over into physical or mental abuse.

Police sources say Bothuell forced his son to work out on an elliptical machine several times per day, sometimes in tears. When Charlie reportedly walked out of his house on June 14, his father said he’d interrupted a work-out session to use the bathroom.

Thank god Dad didn't find Charlie hiding in the basement. Or sneaking in the townhouse. This could have had a much worse ending.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/investigation-detroit-boys-disappearance-focuses-parents/story?id=24330343

Bothuell IV reported the boy missing June 14. Officers had searched the home on at least three occasions since then, but he wasn’t found until Wednesday, barricaded behind a 55-gallon barrel that police say he couldn’t have moved on his own.

Police also found bedding, soda bottles and cereal in the basement, along with a blood-stained PVC pipe in the home. Police say they do not believe the boy was in the basement area the whole time.

What in the heck is going on? It seems that LE haven't proven anything! I thought it had been reported as fact that the PVC pipe had been used on Charlie and that his blood had been found in his room and on his clothing. The reporting on this story has been horrible from the beginning.

Police recovered a PVC pipe from Charlie’s home, but Craig said it’s unclear whether it was used to punish him.

A few hours before Charlie was found alive, Craig reported that police were considering the possibility he’d been killed. Sources say blood was found in the house, although it hadn’t yet been tested.

Craig said Charlie didn’t show any obvious signs of abuse after he was found.

“But I didn’t give him a thorough examination,” he said. “He’s being medically evaluated, and that determination will be made.”

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140627/METRO01/306270072#ixzz35rd406uv

this is such a strange case......I am glad he was found though.

Strangest case ever. I don't understand even close to what happened yet.

What I don't understand is where the child was? And how he got back and and no one saw him???

If the basement was searched by LE. And they know no one was down there before, Where was he . the house had to be under surveillance of some sort.

Bothuell family in court Friday for probation violation, temporary custody hearing
Posted: Jun 27, 2014 10:16 AM EDT
Updated: Jun 27, 2014 2:45 PM EDT
By myFOXDetroit.com Staff

DETROIT (WJBK) -- The stepmother of the 12-year-old boy who was missing and discovered in the basement of his Detroit home was in court Friday on unrelated charges. Charlie Bothuell, V was also in court for a temporary custody hearing.

At this time, Monique Dillard-Bothuell remains in the Wayne County jail, but is expected to be released on personal bond with a tether as soon as Monday.

Charlie Bothuell, IV was also in court Friday with members of his family for a temporary custody hearing.

Prosecutors said there were visible marks and bruises on 12-year-old Charlie Bothuell, V, which they believe is reason enough to leave the other two children in protective custody.

Video and article at link:
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/2...probation-violation-temporary-custody-hearing

Did they ever get to the point of setting up a donation site?

So Charlie had bruises that hadn't healed in 11 days, since the last time anyone supposedly saw him?

Exactly my thought. SMH. My hinky meter was already in the red zone, now I think it's going to explode, lol. I'm just happy Charlie is in a safe place now.

I think they were foiled too quickly, lol. I don't get their objective though... If he was stashed for a media stunt/money, they could have done that without the abuse part. :-( If they had him in the basement to let bruises (or whatever) heal, why call police?
Did they ever get to the point of setting up a donation site?

What I don't understand is where the child was? And how he got back and and no one saw him???

If the basement was searched by LE. And they know no one was down there before, Where was he . the house had to be under surveillance of some sort.

I think it's important to remember that the stepmom has an uncle who also lives in the townhouse complex.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital
Back