MI - Convicted dog abuser (mom's BF) beats 10 month old severely

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by peeples, Feb 6, 2012.

1. peeples

peeples New Member

Yeah it's always good to leave a convicted animal abuser around your 10 month old child...

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/muskegon_county/donald-bayne-arraign-baby-beat-020612

Donald Thomas Bayne
    23-year-old man was arraigned Monday on torture and first-degree child abuse charges after he allegedly beat the 10-month-old daughter of his girlfriend.

She was seriously injured and her prognosis is not clear at this time.

Bayne is on probation for a 2009 incident in which he shot and beat a dog to death.

2. Loading...

3. Pierce'sMommy

Pierce'sMommy New Member

Oh my gosh, I hope this little one is going to be okay! I have a little guy this age...how in the World can someone hurt a baby??? What is sad is that I would probably go to prison longer for cheating on my taxes than this guy gets. So sad for this little girl :(

4. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

Another sad story that PROVES that those who would hurt an animal could also hurt a child. So so tragic. Prayers for that little girl.

I spent a magical day with my 9 month old grandson. Who could imagine........

5. Belinda

Belinda Doer of Things

Donald Thomas Bayne faces up to life in prison if convicted of torturing a baby.

The 23-year-old Bayne was arraigned Monday afternoon on that count and first-degree child abuse, a 15-year felony, for allegedly punching his girlfriend's 9-month-old daughter in the head, causing skull fractures and internal injuries.

(snip)

Fruitport Township Public Safety Director Ken Doctor said the man admitted to police that he hit the child in her head with a closed fist during a fit of rage when the child was crying. It wasn't clear how many times he hit the infant, Doctor said.

(snip)

The infant remained in critical condition at Helen DeVos Children's Hospital in Grand Rapids late Monday morning.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2012/02/alleged_child-torturer_donald.html

6. Flutterby80

Flutterby80 New Member

This is the county where I live. I HOPE HOPE HOPE this child abuser/dog murderer does NOT plead and goes to trial!! And then I hope I get jury duty! I am due, it's been awhile. The people of Muskegon County don't appreciate baby beaters. I seriously would love it sit on this a-hole's jury.

7. Flutterby80

Flutterby80 New Member

8. bellyup

bellyup "the more i see of man the more i like dogs." mme

The article reports that it's his girlfriend, but his statuses report that he's broken up with / lost "Lacey" and he refers to her as his "friend" in his "please pray for them" posting. It's also apparent reading his statuses that he was often watching over this little one and others (around the same age?). That concerns me.

9. Belinda

Belinda Doer of Things

Is this guy not in jail? How is he updating Facebook?

10. longtallcold

longtallcold What happened to Nancy Jenkins?

wow, just wow

11. krimekat

krimekat Amazed and Baffled

Bayne's bond was set at $1 million. He is expected to be back in court for a preliminary hearing on Feb. 16.

so, how's he online updating FB is right? Who had $100K to bail him out (if he is out) and what jail allows Internet access?

12. bellyup

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/muskegon_county/man-accused-of-beating-10-month-old?=123

The baby was hospitalized on Weds, Feb 1st.
    The comment about praying for Lacey (mom) and the baby was posted on Thursday Feb 2nd at 2pm.
    The article says he was arrested on Friday, Feb 3rd.

It seems to me like he was really distraught over their breaking up. Hope it wasn't a "get even" sort of move.

ETA: The video at said link reports that it's unknown if DB is the infants father or not.

13. bellyup

14. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

April 2013:

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/04/fruitport_baby_torturer_gets_1.html

15. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

16. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

Even if he serves the full 22.5 years, he'll only be in his 40s when he gets out. Plenty of times to start torturing and killing more animals and little children :(
    The judge at his sentencing said that he is a danger to the community.

17. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

June 2012:

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2012/06/grandmother_of_baby_whose_skul.html

Cute picture of the little girl at link. A large part of her skull had to be removed due to the amount if brain swelling.

They call him Don. Don Bayne. Don't let Don Bayne anywhere near your pets or children when he gets out.

18. pappa rob

pappa rob New Member