MI - Dakota Grimes, 3 months, Detroit, 16 May 2016

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by KJ's Mamu, May 16, 2016.

1. KJ's Mamu

KJ's Mamu Member

2. Loading...

3. missyh81

missyh81 New Member

DETROIT, Mich. (WOOD) — Michigan State Police have issued an Amber Alert for a 3-month-old girl from the Detroit area.

WDIV-TV in Detroit reports that Dakota Grimes was left sleeping in the backseat of a white Chevy Impala while her father went inside a liquor store on Harper Avenue, northeast of Detroit, around 1 a.m. Monday.

Dakota’s father left the car running and when he came out, the vehicle was gone.

Police say Dakota was wearing a pink onesie with a winter coat.

The stolen vehicle is a white 2006 Chevy Impala with the license plate number CPG8598, according to the alert. The car also has rear bumper damage: the trunk won’t close completely and the driver’s side rear tail light is broken out with red tape covering it. It’s unknown which direction the vehicle was traveling.

http://woodtv.com/2016/05/16/police-car-stolen-with-3-month-old-girl-inside-in-detroit/

Cik4NVqVEAIzexB.jpg

4. Lmustang89

Lmustang89 Member

I just received the 4th Amber Alert for this wee one in the last 25 minutes. Hope the thief does the right thing (I I know that is odd)

5. missyh81

missyh81 New Member

She was found safe!

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/141886425-story

"Detroit police said 3-month-old Dakota Grimes was found safe after her father’s car was stolen with her inside early Monday morning on Detroit’s east side."

UpnorthLive said she was found on the porch of a home about a mile from where she went missing.

6. OkieGranny

OkieGranny <b><span style="color:#660033;">WS Forum Coordinat Forum Coordinators

7. krig101

krig101 New Member

Awwww thank God!! I've been worried sick since my phone went off with the Amber Alert. Poor baby must have been so scared.

Now time to rant.....I'm SO SICK of Detroit carjackings!

And most of all. WHY WAS THIS BABY LEFT ALONE IN A VEHICLE???? Not to mention in Detroit, with the car UNLOCKED AND RUNNING?! Arrrgggggg[emoji35]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

8. krig101

krig101 New Member

How long was she on the porch? It was in the low 30's here last night. It is miracle she didnt get hypothermia. All for a car. Get a job!!!!!

9. rocket

rocket JLWOP Opponent

The father probably thought he was doing the right thing by keeping the engine running to keep the car warm inside. I'm certainly not defending his actions. I'm just trying to figure out the logic behind his choice. Will he have any charges coming his way in the likes of child endangerment? Regarding the actual grand theft auto, I would hope a liquor store of all places has surveillance cameras.

10. krig101

krig101 New Member

It is really hard to say what he was thinking. Car jackings happen so much here. I just wish people realize how unsafe it is to leave kids in the car. Especially at 1:30 in the morning. That neighborhiid is horrible. I believe here in MI its illegal to leave a child under the age of 12 in a vehicle. It's an inconvenience to some to have to undo the car seat if just running into a store. It just angers me because this seems to happen every couple of months here.

11. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy

By the time I learned about the missing infant this morning, the car and baby had been located. I hope the child is alright.

Oops! Just heard on WWJ radio that the car hasn't been located :blushing: Three suspects on the loose. Baby might have been outside on porch for 6 hours.

12. krig101

krig101 New Member

Yup. And it was freezing out. Baby could have died :(

Attn carjackers: When you go to steal a car, LOOK for children!!!!

13. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy

Police find stolen car which prompted Amber Alert for Detroit baby; 1 in custody

3-month-old girl was in back seat when car was stolen

By Dave Bartkowiak Jr. - Digital Managing Editor

Posted: 3:49 PM, May 16, 2016
    Updated: 4:11 PM, May 16, 2016

DETROIT - Police have found a stolen Chevrolet Impala and arrested one person in connection to its theft Monday morning with a 3-month-old Detroit girl in the backseat.

Michigan State Police had issued an Amber Alert for Dakota Grimes after her father's car was stolen outside a liquor store on Detroit's east side...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...e-which-prompted-amber-alert-for-detroit-baby

14. michmi

michmi New Member

I'm glad they're looking into why the Amber Alert took so long to be issued, by my estimation it was 7 hours after the child was taken before my phone went off and last night's weather makes 7 hours critical. I'm glad she's okay. Chief Craig talked to the man about leaving his child in the car.

15. rocket

rocket JLWOP Opponent

What did the man say?

16. krig101

krig101 New Member

I'm surprised charges weren't pressed against the father for leaving baby in the car. I bet mom has torn him from limb to limb! Hope they catch the other two carjackers.