GUILTY MI - Daniel Sorensen, 26, beheaded & burned, Northville, 7 Nov 2007

I don't feel sorry for ANYTHING that happens to ANYONE that has abused a child.

I don't think there's any indication that the SO who beheaded this SO did it because he was an SO - that's all just coincidence.

They're keeping some pretty rough company. I hear ya SCM.Just something about beheading a person. I was swearing to myself it was a drug thing.

I don't feel sorry for ANYTHING that happens to ANYONE that has abused a child.

Nor do I feel sorry for him. I think originally we all were venting. Well, just my opinion. Just for myself I was saying I know I couldn't chop someone's head off and burn their body. I'd like to say "Yes, if I knew that creep hurt kids I'd do the same". I don't think I could.

Nor do I feel sorry for him. I think originally we all were venting. Well, just my opinion. Just for myself I was saying I know I couldn't chop someone's head off and burn their body. I'd like to say "Yes, if I knew that creep hurt kids I'd do the same". I don't think I could.
Same here. I never said "I" would kill him...just that I don't feel sorry for him. If you hurt a child...you are nothing but a piece of trash in my eyes. Children are innocent. They don't deserve the trash this world has to offer. So sad.:(

Same here. I never said "I" would kill him...just that I don't feel sorry for him. If you hurt a child...you are nothing but a piece of trash in my eyes. Children are innocent. They don't deserve the trash this world has to offer. So sad.:(

I dont believe he hurt a child though...? I will be one of the odd ones and feel sorry for him.

I knew we could agree someday, kgeaux!
4_1_201.gif

p.s. did I ever say I think your name is cute?!
4_18_4.gif

Oh, I betcha we'll agree regularly, Seven! Your name is a cutie, too. I picture you with seven little children, all sitting by your feet.....

The only thing I find shocking about your take on this is that it's really the first time you've experienced that attitude here. I find this type of stance more than common to a great many posters on this board.

I guess I missed the other thread. Thank God. I see almost daily people here calling for harsh and swift judgement, based on zero facts, and I attribute that to two things: #1. These posters have no idea how often the innocent are accused of wrong doing and vilified by mass media who care about their ratings more than the life of the one being accused; rather than think about the lack of evidence these posters just accept what is being fed to them. #2. Frustration with the legal system makes some people jump WAY overboard in an effort to correct what they feel are shortcomings of the law.

This man paid the penalty for his crime. There was NO CHILD sexually abused. His age and the age of the victim, while 5 years apart, certainly leave room for the "fact of the matter" to be that he was an immature 20 year old dating a 16 year old who willing participated in sexual activity. That is as EQUALLY a possibility as any other scenario, based on the scant facts available. Whatever, he was prosecuted and punished. And there is NO EVIDENCE, not one iota, not a scintilla of evidence to suggest that he ever re-offended.

To say "I'd like to say I'd do the same"!!! My God, are you serious??? You'd like to think you are the kind of person who would take the law into your own hands and behead and burn someone because YOU decided he deserved it? I hope to goodness you misspoke there, because if that is truly the kind of person you are, that's CRIMINAL thinking. That is NOT pro-victim or pro LE or pro anything except pro personal vigilantianism.......in fact, it's the exact same type of thinking that condoned lynching black men who some white guy thought took liberties with white women. The thinking is "he did wrong, he deserved whatever horrible thing happened to him." This thinking results in you, a websleuther, supposedly someone who cares about law and civil order, to support a crime, cruelty, and inhumanity. The reality is that in this case, the beheaded man is the VICTIM. The beheader is a CRIMINAL, one I hope doesn't live next door to me or you.

What child?

In my world, even pieces of trash human beings deserve the same legal rights that I do. I am so glad I don't live in your world.

I dont believe he hurt a child though...? I will be one of the odd ones and feel sorry for him.

Me, too. Whatever occured to cause this man to be beheaded and to have his body burned, he deserved legal process. Even pieces of trash deserve that.

They found a head. From today's Detroit Free Press:
"Police already had a body. Now, they have a head. But they don't yet know if the two belong together.
A human head was discovered Saturday in the Helm's Haven portion of Hines Park in Dearborn Heights and taken to the Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office, officials said.
The head hasn't been identified yet, said Richard Ivy, a medical examiner investigator.
"We've done nothing with it yet," Ivy said Sunday evening. Doctors are expected to begin examining the head this morning.
WDIV Local 4 reported Sunday night that two people were in custody in connection with the case.
<<<<<snip>>>>>>>
The case began Thursday with the discovery of a decapitated body.
Investigators used a fingerprint to identify the body as Daniel Sorenson, 26, of River Rouge. Sorenson's red Chevrolet S-10 pickup was discovered at a Meijer store in Westland late Friday.
<<<<<snip>>>>>>>>>>
Daniel Sorenson was a registered sex offender. His father said that stemmed from an encounter the son had at age 17 with a girl he believed was 16. The girl was 14, Jim Sorenson said.
He doesn't believe his son's slaying is linked to his status as a sex offender.

Link: http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071112/NEWS02/711120377/1001

Thanks for posting that Maxine. I hope they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

This just makes me sick! They planned it ahead of time with the tarps ready and lured him there. And just for the fun of it!

Now I really take back what I said...17-14 is NOT a CM imoo

It's being called a thrill killing . 2 suspects are being charged with first degree murder.

His SO status : he was 17, she was 14.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071112/NEWS02/71112021/1138/BLOG

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,310578,00.html

Hopefully some will feel a bit different about him now that we know he was 17 and she was 14. My sister who is almost 17 has a BF that just turned 20 but he acts like he is about 15. My mom and dad love him as do we all and I don't think they would ever press charges if they found out they had relations. A lot of girls look much older than they are at age 14. I have a 12 year old cousin who looks like she is 16. I hope justice is served here. I am glad they already have suspects in the case and are not just letting it go because of his SO status.

This man paid the penalty for his crime. There was NO CHILD sexually abused. His age and the age of the victim, while 5 years apart, certainly leave room for the "fact of the matter" to be that he was an immature 20 year old dating a 16 year old who willing participated in sexual activity. That is as EQUALLY a possibility as any other scenario, based on the scant facts available. Whatever, he was prosecuted and punished. And there is NO EVIDENCE, not one iota, not a scintilla of evidence to suggest that he ever re-offended.

To say "I'd like to say I'd do the same"!!! My God, are you serious??? You'd like to think you are the kind of person who would take the law into your own hands and behead and burn someone because YOU decided he deserved it? I hope to goodness you misspoke there, because if that is truly the kind of person you are, that's CRIMINAL thinking. That is NOT pro-victim or pro LE or pro anything except pro personal vigilantianism.......in fact, it's the exact same type of thinking that condoned lynching black men who some white guy thought took liberties with white women. The thinking is "he did wrong, he deserved whatever horrible thing happened to him." This thinking results in you, a websleuther, supposedly someone who cares about law and civil order, to support a crime, cruelty, and inhumanity. The reality is that in this case, the beheaded man is the VICTIM. The beheader is a CRIMINAL, one I hope doesn't live next door to me or you.

I totally agree 100&#37;.

A 17 year old dating a 14 year old is not hurting a child. Especially if its true that he thought she was 16. Its a 3 year difference...wow. When i was 15 i dated a 18 year old and i thought i was the coolest girl ever and i bragged about dating "an older guy". Im sure this girl did the same and in no way felt she was being taken advantage of. So for everyone on here saying he deserved to be brutally murdered like this...is completely nuts!!!!

I am just in shock at what these young kids did. The planning, the execution....it's horrible. This is the type of case where the teens should be tried as adults, no question.

I am just in shock at what these young kids did. The planning, the execution....it's horrible. This is the type of case where the teens should be tried as adults, no question.
I agree. They definitely s/b tried as adults:
* Jean Pierre Orlewicz, 17, of Plymouth, and
* Alexander James Letkemann, 18, of Westland
* Charged with one count each of
a. first-degree premeditated murder
b. felony murder and
c. mutilation of a corpse.

I saw this from the very first news report, but didn't want to argue with anyone about this, so I'm glad you brought it up. I feel sorry for the guy, too.

I can understand not feeling great sympathy for somebody who has done something terrible (which, as it turns out, isn't the case here).

But even that doesn't mean we have to cheer for torture and mutilation.

I can understand not feeling great sympathy for somebody who has done something terrible (which, as it turns out, isn't the case here).

But even that doesn't mean we have to cheer for torture and mutilation.

Wish I had the link, I read on Fox News, the killers were two teenagers, who were basically "thrill-killing". The victim's status as an SO may have not even been known to the teen thrill-killers.

I too, cannot condone vigilante style torture/mutilation stuff...let justice be the thing we find in courtrooms. Not avenged on a neighborhood street!

teeray

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back