MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If neighbors saw her late afternoon that is a huge development that we did not know previously. Can anyone absolutely confirm this to be fact?
Anyone have a link for this sighting? I can't recall that at all, but then I'm following WAY too many cases

Today was out first sunny day in ages. I say darkness was postponed 15 minutes or so.

I noticed some people park directly in front of their doors. From shutting car door to opening door into complex, the most it took was 5 seconds.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Plus the complex just updated their lighting system in the aftermath.

Today was out first sunny day in ages. I say darkness was postponed 15 minutes or so.

I noticed some people park directly in front of their doors. From shutting car door to opening door into complex, the most it took was 5 seconds.

I agree that it would be latter with the skies today. Also it was a Friday, traffic is always heavier on Fridays, so that could affect her drive time.

Plus the complex just updated their lighting system in the aftermath.

The Rules of Evidence, which Michigan fully incorporates FRE 407 into the Michigan Rules of Evidence, encourage this by excluding evidence of "subsequent remedial measures" to prove fault in a civil liability situation:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/fre/rule_407

I think it's more a matter of policy than a solid exclusion based on relevance.

Has there been a map made up of this area yet, a zoomable map that can get in real close ?

I'm frustrated by this vague timeline and lack of security video. Her jeep was pretty muddy on the lower half, LE even commented on it during the press conference. It should be very easy to spot on a camera. I can't believe LE hasn't been able to obtain video footage from surrounding businesses that would show exactly when her car passed by on the way to the apartments. Gas stations, food marts, shopping centers, restaurants, private businesses.....etc.

Maybe they need us to suggest it here so they can look into it.

You know..............after she got out of her car, she could have grabbed her phone and keys and walked to any apartment in that complex.

Maybe they need to get a warrant to search every apartment on the premises. Can LE do that ?

good thinking... if you decided to go buy some weed you don't take your purse with you. You leave it in a safe place which you know you will be back to in a very short time. You only take the cash you need. Say you are buying $50 worth, you bring only $50 and your phone in case of trouble. So if I were LE I would look at all the tenants of the property and the surrounding apartments for any dealer activity. Then hit them hard and squeeze them for answers.

Here's a map I made up so everyone can get an overview.

As I suspected, there are a gazillion places that would have had video cameras along her route.

Somebody isn't doing their job. Pinpointing an exact time when her vehicle passed by one of the local businesses on her way home should be detective training 101. That shouldn't be a mystery in the least.

Map here: Zoom in and out really close using the center wheel on your mouse, left click and drag to move around on screen.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FcxtCIpiqWLhJB3e-0oIN__jbBU&usp=sharing

ETA: right now I don't know which building she lived in or where her jeep was parked. I may find that out later, and I might not. For now, the apartment complex is highlighted.

As you would know here in Mi at this time we have lots of gloomy days which does affect when it gets dark. It's now 5:22 and just starting to get dark, but it was sunny clear skies today with white stuff galore on the ground.

Several times last week driving home from work it was dark at this time already. But it was gloomy and also rained last week,

Have you noticed the awesome moon tonight? Brilliant and definitely photo-worthy. If one can wish on a beautiful winter moon, I hope Danielle returns home to her loved ones very soon. :praying:

So her mom says she wouldn't miss that dinner. The friend had been gone for a while if I recall. It really bothers me that the friend did not aggressively pursue what was up with Danielle. Why?

I also find it odd. If Danielle was typically a flakey friend then I could see how the person she was meeting wouldn't be alarmed. If it's out of character for her to miss the dinner then it should set off alarm bells. I've had both type of friends. I'd be instantly worried if my reliable ones were a no show with no explanation.

I also find it odd. If Danielle was typically a flakey friend then I could see how the person she was meeting wouldn't be alarmed. If it's out of character for her to miss the dinner then it should set off alarm bells. I've had both type of friends. I'd be instantly worried if my reliable ones were a no show with no explanation.

I am flakey because of agoraphobia from PTSD. My friends would still call if I didn't show up. I atleast call and cancel if I am having panic attacks. Someone like DS that is so reliable I would make sure she is ok. However, maybe she had been tired lately and that is why the friend thought she fell asleep in her post on FB.

Here's a map I made up so everyone can get an overview.

As I suspected, there are a gazillion places that would have had video cameras along her route.

Somebody isn't doing their job. Pinpointing an exact time when her vehicle passed by one of the local businesses on her way home should be detective training 101. That shouldn't be a mystery in the least.

Map here: Zoom in and out really close using the center wheel on your mouse, left click and drag to move around on screen.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FcxtCIpiqWLhJB3e-0oIN__jbBU&usp=sharing

ETA: right now I don't know which building she lived in or where her jeep was parked. I may find that out later, and I might not. For now, the apartment complex is highlighted.

They KNOW! They have too! But the arrogance of CHief Namus is astounding.
"“This is the kind of case where it serves no purpose to tell anybody what kind of leads we have or anything, [because it would] tell the person who might be responsible for a crime what we know and don’t know,” the police chief said."

Seriously?? The silence is DEAFENING and NOT helping Danielle come home! Anything released could trigger someone's memory. They won't even release where they think she was kidnapped from!
I truly believe NOT saying anything helps the criminal...God forbid they plaster everything they have gathered about HIM all over the place. God forbid HE knows HE's being hunted. God forbid any cop says, if you have her let her go cuz we're coming for YOU.
11 days. Nothing from police. Ridiculous

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/danielle-stislicki-disappearance_us_58502bc9e4b04c8e2bb207d1?

I agree. Either LE is not doing there job or they already have the timeline (with video evidence). Since I am certain they have the evidence, why are they not sharing it?

Maybe because it isn't an actual abduction in the sense that she went somewhere unwillingly. Perhaps she had a different date that night and the dinner and work was just to hide her tracks in spending time or an overnight with a different friend. That would be why the friend she was supposed to be cooking for didn't worry until 4pm next day. So maybe the unspoken notion of the investigation is... is she still with unsaid person of her own will or... did unsaid person cause, create, or put her in harms way?

"“This is the kind of case where it serves no purpose to tell anybody what kind of leads we have or anything, [because it would] tell the person who might be responsible for a crime what we know and don’t know,” the police chief said."

Seriously?? The silence is DEAFENING and NOT helping Danielle come home! Anything released could trigger someone's memory. They won't even release where they think she was kidnapped from!
I truly believe NOT saying anything helps the criminal...God forbid they plaster everything they have gathered about HIM all over the place. God forbid HE knows HE's being hunted. God forbid any cop says, if you have her let her go cuz we're coming for YOU.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/danielle-stislicki-disappearance_us_58502bc9e4b04c8e2bb207d1?

Yeah, I'm always puzzled by all the mystery and secrecy these LE agencies seem to relish in.............and yet they produce no results. Only after somebody literally trips over a body do they come a runnin' with their yellow tape and crime scene vans. Up until then......just play coy....bide your time......refuse to answer........refuse to acknowledge foul play, and pretend to have much more information than you really do.

Maybe it's just the training. I'm glad I wasn't "trained"......... it enables me to learn from my past mistakes.

I think DS's friend's explanation of having to work a late shift (possibly the friend worked at a bar/restaurant, can be open til 3 AM around Detroit) explains why she didn't have the chance to really get worried until Saturday afternoon.

Friend maybe had to be into work 8 pm or so Friday night--would explain why DS was leaving work earlier in an effort to get to her friend's as soon as possible Friday to make and eat dinner.

DS doesn't show, friend can't get ahold of her right away.

Friend gets ready for work, maybe tries DS again before work. No response.

Friend goes into work, works til the wee ours, goes home and passes out til Saturday afternoon.

Busy Friday night at a bar/restaurant, even if the place allows employees to use their cell phones during breaks or whatever, not a lot of time to think about why DS didn't show for dinner. And plenty of more innocuous reasons why an adult friend might be ghost on a Friday night.

Even tho some press reports term the friend DS's 'best friend', I think other reports mentioned that DS and this friend hadn't seen each other or hung out in a while; which makes it even less likely the friend is to press the issue until the next day.

I understand your frustration, but I have to respectfully disagree. They might be closing in as we speak, and trying not to tip him off. No one wants a murder-suicide. We honestly have no way of knowing whether releasing sensitive information would help or hurt. And at this point they may not have enough to identify who took her. It sounds like they are still seeking leads. I'm with LE on this.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member