Still Missing MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts on why it has been postponed?

There are articles on line that Michigan courts are delaying jury trials due to Coronavirus concern.

Another thing, those Motions In Limine are generally filed to exclude evidence considered too prejudicial by the moving attorney. Are pdf files available on those and the rulings?

There are articles on line that Michigan courts are delaying jury trials due to Coronavirus concern.

Another thing, those Motions In Limine are generally filed to exclude evidence considered too prejudicial by the moving attorney. Are pdf files available on those and the rulings?
The coronavirus delays aren't surprising, but it looks like this adjournment was scheduled before the coronavirus hit Michigan.
I'm wondering whether some kind of plea deal is in the works. I don't think prosecutors would offer a deal without FG disclosing the location of Dani's remains, but I think he put her in a dumpster, so I'm not convinced that her remains are recoverable at this point. LE wouldn't expend resources on a landfill search unless they could pinpoint which dumpster, what day it was emptied, what section of what landfill the contents went to, etc.

The coronavirus delays aren't surprising, but it looks like this adjournment was scheduled before the coronavirus hit Michigan.
I'm wondering whether some kind of plea deal is in the works. I don't think prosecutors would offer a deal without FG disclosing the location of Dani's remains, but I think he put her in a dumpster, so I'm not convinced that her remains are recoverable at this point. LE wouldn't expend resources on a landfill search unless they could pinpoint which dumpster, what day it was emptied, what section of what landfill the contents went to, etc.

A couple posts up thread, Niner gave a summary of motions, etc. where one was to substitute attorney. Then right after was the Stipulation, Motion for Adjournment. Maybe that's why adjournment was originally filed. But it would not be going anywhere now anyway because of COVID 19. Oakland and Wayne counties were ground zero where 1st cases confirmed.

AggieLou said:
snipped by me....

No - you have to order them....

Here's the latest update on the docket:

03/03/2020 TRN TRANSCRIPT FILED MTNS IN LIMINE 12/20/19 Order Document

03/03/2020 TRN TRANSCRIPT FILED RULING ON MTNS IN LIMINE 02/11/20 Order Document

link: Court Explorer

Here's the latest update on the docket:

03/03/2020 TRN TRANSCRIPT FILED MTNS IN LIMINE 12/20/19 Order Document

03/03/2020 TRN TRANSCRIPT FILED RULING ON MTNS IN LIMINE 02/11/20 Order Document

link: Court Explorer

Boo! PDF's of all filings with the court in my county in Ohio are on line unless they have been sealed. Anyone can access them. It's kind of nice because you can follow a local case and know what's going on by the filings without having to depend on local media, who often are not totally accurate in what they report. I mean, in this case in Michigan the file must already be there, they email it to you.
There would have to be a reason on the form/ motion filed regarding adjournment so it would not be trying to guess.

I haven’t yet posted on this thread, but I’ve followed since day 1... I don’t have anything to add about the process or the delays, but I check in often.

I was driving home yesterday and turned onto Oxford... I had no reason to turn, I just did. I got hit with a huge wave of sadness. I really wish FG would tell her family where she is. They need closure.

I was thinking of Dani last night and didn't know that the trial had been postponed. I've been trying desperately to keep up with COVID-19 discussion and haven't visited other forums for a couple of weeks. I'm saddened that Danielle's family has had justice delayed once again :(

I've ordered Oakland County documents previously and considered ordering docs for this case, but the ones that interest me are multiple pages. I wouldn't mind ordering a few documents that are only a couple of pages, but I don't want to spend $$$ on docs that can't be shared here. I would have to paraphrase, and that would be tedious :eek:

I've ordered Oakland County documents previously and considered ordering docs for this case, but the ones that interest me are multiple pages. I wouldn't mind ordering a few documents that are only a couple of pages, but I don't want to spend $$$ on docs that can't be shared here. I would have to paraphrase, and that would be tedious :eek:

Mods will allow the docs if you check with them in advance. I've seen it done on other cases.

Last edited:
...I'm wondering whether some kind of plea deal is in the works. I don't think prosecutors would offer a deal without FG disclosing the location of Dani's remains, but I think he put her in a dumpster, so I'm not convinced that her remains are recoverable at this point. LE wouldn't expend resources on a landfill search unless they could pinpoint which dumpster, what day it was emptied, what section of what landfill the contents went to, etc.

I'm also inclined to believe that this is what became of Dani's remains. I think FG wrapped Dani in the missing comforter and disposed of her in a dumpster. Not sure where, though. Near the Galloway home in Berkley? Hines Park or Stony Creek that FG was known to frequent? Or somewhere in mid-town Detroit near the Detroit Medical Center where EG was hospitalized? We need to know more about the exact timeline to determine how much time FG had to dispose of a body.

Lori Hacking's husband murdered her, wrapped her body in a mattress, and put her in a dumpster. Her remains were eventually recovered in a landfill.

Mark Hacking | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

I'm also inclined to believe that this is what became of Dani's remains. I think FG wrapped Dani in the missing comforter and disposed of her in a dumpster. Not sure where, though. Near the Galloway home in Berkley? Hines Park or Stony Creek that FG was known to frequent? Or somewhere in mid-town Detroit near the Detroit Medical Center where EG was hospitalized? We need to know more about the exact timeline to determine how much time FG had to dispose of a body.

Lori Hacking's husband murdered her, wrapped her body in a mattress, and put her in a dumpster. Her remains were eventually recovered in a landfill.

Mark Hacking | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers
I'm not sure whether he would have disposed of her using her own vehicle, before taking it to the apartment complex, or whether he would have waited until the next day and used his own car or his wife's car. LE seized both cars, but they gave his wife's car back, right?

Man accused of killing missing woman Danielle Stislicki has new attorney

I’ve not followed this case so I am unfamiliar with it, but I came across the article I linked above and thought it may be of interest to those following.

A new attorney is defending Floyd Galloway Jr., a former Berkley resident accused of killing a woman missing since late 2016.
Ellen K. Michaels is the new lead counsel, replacing William Mitchell III and Sharon Clark Woodside. Michaels' name is on a “fully or partially” sealed appeal with the Michigan Court of Appeals regarding Galloway’s case thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member