Still Missing MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A judge has ruled to suppress key evidence in the Danielle Stislicki murder case because of how it was obtained...

Because of how it was obtained, that evidence will not be presented during Galloway’s murder trial. This is a major win for Galloway’s defense. Stislicki’s family said they are “disappointed” in the decision...

Key evidence against Floyd Galloway in the murder of Danielle Stislicki has been suppressed because of how it was obtained.

A judge granted the motion to suppress the evidence on Thursday (Nov. 17). The ruling was a major win for Galloway’s defense.

The decision stems from a lie detector test Galloway took seven days after Stislicki vanished...

Wow, I hate that SO much. But also - if they win without that info - he will have less to appeal on.
Darrell Brooks vibes of not-giving-a-*censored* and dragging onnnnn with a case.

Still no new hearing date on the court site.... last one was 10/19/22.

This case just keeps dragging on- it is really awful and I feel so sorry for Danielle's parents--- why the delay? I know the judge just made a ruling- as to some potential evidence being inadmissible- but geez, it is time to get on with it!!! The only people that want the delay is of course the defense---

This case just keeps dragging on- it is really awful and I feel so sorry for Danielle's parents--- why the delay? I know the judge just made a ruling- as to some potential evidence being inadmissible- but geez, it is time to get on with it!!! The only people that want the delay is of course the defense---

PLUS he is defending himself - pro se.... so you KNOW there are going to be more delays...

Docket update - still on next hearing date.

11/22/2022 MTN MOTION FILED STAY OPN AND ORD//PLF Order Document

11/22/2022 MPS MIFILE PROOF OF SERVICE FILED

link: Court Explorer

Wonder what the first item is supposed to mean -
Motion filed [for the case to] stay open & Order/[??}/PLF[??}

- wonder what that means...

Anyone? LOL! :)

There is some justification for the delay due to Covid when most courts weren't in session. When courts reopened, Floyd Galloway had gotten himself a high-profile defense attorney who asked the Judge for ample time to get caught up on the case. I don't recall exactly how much time the Judge allotted, but it was at least a few months. Ms. Michaels is doing her due diligence for her client who has a right to a fair trial. JMO

Last edited:
Key evidence against Floyd Galloway in the murder of Danielle Stislicki has been suppressed because of how it was obtained.

A judge granted the motion to suppress the evidence on Thursday (Nov. 17). The ruling was a major win for Galloway’s defense.

The decision stems from a lie detector test Galloway took seven days after Stislicki vanished...

I just read this article in some detail. It is really disappointing and concerning that much of the evidence against him will not be admissible. It definitely is a win for the defense.

I just read this article in some detail. It is really disappointing and concerning that much of the evidence against him will not be admissible. It definitely is a win for the defense.
I agree it's suboptimal, but I think they still have the DNA from the house, since that was obtained by following her cell phone pings. I hope so.

SOUTHFIELD, Mich. – Six years ago today, Danielle Stislicki walked out of her Southfield, Michigan, office never to be seen again.

Her body still hasn’t been found. Floyd Galloway, a former security guard who worked in her office, is facing murder charges in her disappearance.

On Nov. 17, a judge ruled that numerous pieces of key evidence gathered in the case against Galloway will not be allowed to be presented to the jury during the trial.

At one point the Stislicki family hoped Danielle Stislicki would be found alive. Now, six years later, they hope her remains can be found and her case can be solved...

Docket Update

Date Code Desc
12/08/2022 FD FINAL DISPOSITION

12/08/2022 SY STAY

12/08/2022 ORD ORDER FILED GRANT MTN TO STAY PROCEEDINGS/

link: Court Explorer

Anyone know what the Stay proceedings??? That mean they are taking a "vacation"?

So we wait...

In law, a motion to stay is a request to temporarily stop a case or halt proceedings. These motion can be used in many different legal situations, from criminal trials to house foreclosures. Stays are typically granted or refused by the judge in charge of a legal case, or the governing legislative body.

Nothing updated on court site...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members