MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reviewed one of the aerial maps.. not sure if this was brought up or not yet but has anyone thought of the fact that she possibly took 10 mile home? If she left work earlier than usual maybe she thought to stay off the freeways since its hunting season and a Friday is usually busy on the freeway? Just a thought

She may have, but whatever route she took home, her Jeep ended up being parked directly in front of her apartment. Purse was still in it. Keys, phone, coat and her......gone.

I have a question for any long time sleuthers or people in the know. The other day, while talking to a bus driver who was also LE, I asked him about searching properties without a search warrant. We were mostly talking about motels, but he said that generally as long as the owner of the motel gives consent, they can search the rooms without having a warrant. But I'm wondering what the standard protocol (if there is one) is for apartment units. Would LE have been able to do an immediate search? Personally, if someone in my complex went missing, I would have no problem letting LE take a look. I would think that it would rise eyebrows if someone didn't consent. JMO

The bus drive was LE? That's different....

I have a question for any long time sleuthers or people in the know. The other day, while talking to a bus driver who was also LE, I asked him about searching properties without a search warrant. We were mostly talking about motels, but he said that generally as long as the owner of the motel gives consent, they can search the rooms without having a warrant. But I'm wondering what the standard protocol (if there is one) is for apartment units. Would LE have been able to do an immediate search? Personally, if someone in my complex went missing, I would have no problem letting LE take a look. I would think that it would rise eyebrows if someone didn't consent. JMO

I was wondering about that myself the other day. Exactly what would it take to search each and every apartment in that complex ? Is it even possible to get a judge to sign off on that ? Each persons apartment is considered their "home", so it would be a dicey situation all the way around unless each tenant gave their consent, which is highly doubtful.

BTW---- by the time that could have occurred, I imagine the perp had already gotten both her and any evidence left behind out of there. He had 12 hours of darkness and 12 hours of daylight the next day before anybody even called the cops to report her missing. Of course this perp would have had no idea how long it might be before the calvary came a runnin', so I'm thinking she met her demise and was hustled out of there in the typical 1-2 hour window that we see so often.

No the warrant has to be specific to an apt number. No blanket searches and none without warrants.

Haha. Let me clarify, this was a community sponsored Christmas event for children and I chaperoned on a bus and the driver volunteered for the day. His REAL job is LE, so having only known him a short time and talked when the littles weren't around, I didn't want to pry too much ;)

Haha. Let me clarify, this was a community sponsored Christmas event for children and I chaperoned on a bus and the driver volunteered for the day. His REAL job is LE, so having only known him a short time and talked when the littles weren't around, I didn't want to pry too much ;)

Ok lol that's a riot...I was like bus driver by day, detective by night ha ha...

I wanted to say the same thing. That was what I took away from that post too. Figured it was a retired LE looking for something to do after retirement. But thanks for the clarity (and levity - it has been quite a day here.)

They don't really "ask" at a hotel. It's more of a "we're going to". Not that I cared but they never asked. Apartment buildings I'm not sure because I had to sign some papers for maintenance to come in when I wasn't there.

Let me spell it out.

Sleuthing the friend and her past along with anyone included in her past is OFF LIMITS.

Anyone that continues to go down that road risks the loss off posting privileges.

Does DS have a friend or family member that is involved in a domestic violence situation? DS seems sensible and caring and I would imagine that she would offer as much support and help to anyone she felt was not in a good situation. Perhaps the person who was victimizing her friend/family/etc was not fond of DS prying/influencing and felt she was a threat. Or perhaps someone wanted to hurt DS as a way to hurt someone else. But who, I don't know.

Also, DS has not lived in another state before, correct? I'm not sure if this is relevant at all but on her tumblr it lists a few times (at Yolo county commissioner office) what does that mean? Is that what she referred to her job location as? The other places listed included (at The Darling D HQ) which I'm assuming meant her apartment or place of residence at the time.
The Yolo County reference unfortunately makes me think of a recent missing person who was released and found in Yolo County California. If I recall correctly it was reported that that case lead investigators to Michigan during the search. Coincidence? Probably. I also realize Yolo is often an acronym for you only live once, but I am still unsure if that makes sense in her "location" on tumblr.

Just some random thoughts I have been pondering. I'm a long time reader but first time poster. I do not live far from Danielle and I have been thinking of her and her family/friends since I first heard of her missing. It is terribly sad, I hope she is found soon.

If DS walked to another apartment at IG from either her vehicle or apartment, wouldn't a bloodhound or even run-of-the-mill tracking dog have been able to lead LE directly to where she walked?

Under the DS walked to someone else's apartment at IG on Friday evening scenario, the next day was the first Saturday of the month---move in/move out day in these large apartment complexes. Likely all manner of moving trucks/vans/friends with trucks hauling large items in and out of IG that day.

I'm catching up but it looks like we still know as little as we did before, right? Has her verified insider given any other updates?

If DS walked to another apartment at IG from either her vehicle or apartment, wouldn't a bloodhound or even run-of-the-mill tracking dog have been able to lead LE directly to where she walked?

This is good. Remember her mother's thoughts about how she never made it in the apartment. Maybe the initial search indicated that. Out of the car... then nothing.

I was wondering about that myself the other day. Exactly what would it take to search each and every apartment in that complex ? Is it even possible to get a judge to sign off on that ? Each persons apartment is considered their "home", so it would be a dicey situation all the way around unless each tenant gave their consent, which is highly doubtful.

BTW---- by the time that could have occurred, I imagine the perp had already gotten both her and any evidence left behind out of there. He had 12 hours of darkness and 12 hours of daylight the next day before anybody even called the cops to report her missing. Of course this perp would have had no idea how long it might be before the calvary came a runnin', so I'm thinking she met her demise and was hustled out of there in the typical 1-2 hour window that we see so often.

They should have used scent dogs see if she walked to any of these apts

This is good. Remember her mother's thoughts about how she never made it in the apartment. Maybe the initial search indicated that. Out of the car... then nothing.

I'm still not certain she parked her jeep there. There's basically a 24 hour window from the time she left work to the time her jeep was dosvoved parked at the apartment complex in its usual spot. I have scrutinized the photos of the jeep parked. I wouldn't say it was parked badly however it is parked left of center in the parking space. That may mean nothing or it could indicate who ever parked it was rushed.

Under the DS walked to someone else's apartment at IG on Friday evening, the next day was the first Saturday of the month---move in/move out day in these large apartment complexes. Likely all manner of moving trucks/vans/friends with trucks hauling large items in and out of IG that day.

I gave up on tracking dogs and bloodhounds a long time ago, but the Lindsey Piccone case was the final straw for me. That's the case where the girls car was found at the park, but there was no sign of her.

They brought in choppers, drones, ATV's, dozens of SAR people, tracking dogs, bloodhounds, set up command posts, etc., found nothing. A few weeks later they came in and did it all again. They searched and searched and searched but found nothing. They refused to let the public help search, although many volunteered.

They finally gave up and proclaimed the park was cleared and there was no sign of her.

A month or so later, a maintenance guy clearing tall grass found her lying in an open pasture of the park, on the side of a hill.................................about 100 yards from her car.

You explain it.

I'm still not certain she parked her jeep there. There's basically a 24 hour window from the time she left work to the time her jeep was dosvoved parked at the apartment complex in its usual spot. I have scrutinized the photos of the jeep parked. I wouldn't say it was parked badly however it is parked left of center in the parking space. That may mean nothing or it could indicate who ever parked it was rushed.
I drove past those spots. There is plenty of room to get a good turn in before parking.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Seems too risky to me. They would have no idea if family and friends would be there looking for her. Why bring the car back and risk getting spotted? Just dump it somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rushed and maybe in the dark and in a not well lit parking lot. If you're in a hurry, your ride's waiting for you to skedaddle, and you don't wanna draw attention to the car returning: You only take one shot, close enough, get out of there.

As to why return it. Well, it's gotta go somewhere, can't leave it outside of your house or wherever. And putting it back in front of her apartment could give you til Monday (or later) before anyone raises the alarm. It's also made it maddening difficult to parse what happened, with the limited info we have. Dropping the vehicle at a 3rd party location could've provided some sort of further clues as to the identity of DS abductor(s). (if'n this is the scenario)

that said, i think she prolly got picked up by someone. and given the lack of anyone noticing anyone struggling to subdue her, DS likely voluntarily got into the vehicle with whomever picked her up.

but the house in Berkley--if that somehow proves to be the location. it's not a too far late-night drive from there to DS's apartment. about 15 miles, and you could take all surface streets. but she could've also
been transported there from her place after parking her car herself after work. wide-open.

So many possibilities. The lack of information makes it frustrating. My gut is telling me it happened at the apartment parking lot with someone she knew. I don't think she's far away from there. I have a daughter. I can't stop thinking about her parents. God damnit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member