MI MI - Dean 'Deanie' Pyle Peters, 13, Grand Rapids, 5 Feb 1981

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ssf?/base/news-40/1204812947225930.xml&coll=6

6 March 08

For 27 years, Mary Peters has replayed the moments leading up to her teenage daughter's disappearance.

She dropped off her son for wrestling practice at a local school, and 14-year-old Deanie Peters had asked to use the bathroom.

"I said, 'Fine,'" her mother said. "She never came back. That was it."

Since that day, Mary Peters has suffered pain and uncertainty, wondering how that brief stop at Forest Hills Central Middle School could have led to Deanie's disappearance

Not a trace of the pretty brunette was ever found. It is as if she just vanished.

"I never saw her again," Mary Peters said Wednesday. "Is she still alive? That's the question. Is she dead? What's the answer? That's what I'm looking for. ... What happened?"

much more at link (may need to enter postal code to access article)

bumping her up, anything new happening with her that anyone knows of?

On the banks of the Flat River just north of Lowell is a plot of land formerly known at the Young Marines Camp. It hasn't been used for years, but it continues to draw the attention of police detectives.

Toni Schaefer and her husband currently own 13 acres of the property, and detectives first came to their house about nine years ago, searching for clues that may lead them to Deanie Peters, the 14-year-old who vanished 27 years ago.

Police "say they continue to get tips over the years steadily and that's why they always come back," Schaefer told 24 Hour News 8. Their ground has been dug up in multiple spots, including "behind where that rock is."

Deanie -- whose given name is Dean Marie Pyle -- disappeared Feb. 5, 1981 from her brother's wrestling practice at Forest Hills Central Middle School. She told her mom she was going to use the restroom.

She hasn't been seen since.

http://www.woodtv.com/global/story.asp?s=8371699

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8578364

30 June 08

Rosie is a specially trained search dog. She's been trained to sniff for human remains that could be hundreds of years old. She and a human search team are in northwest Ionia County trying to find Deanie Peters.

Deanie disappeared from her brother's wrestling practice at Forest Hills Central Middle School in February 1981. She's never been seen since.

The Kent County cold case team re-opened the case in March. And on this day, the search-and-rescue team was on the case.

Rosie, a Doberman, is known as a historic cadaver dog. She and other dogs like her are trained to find unmarked Civil War graves, Indian burial grounds and other long-lost bodies.

"As it turns out, the chemical compositions in bone fragments don't completely break down," said searcher Maria Ciski. "A dog can still smell them if they're several hundred years old. There's still enough scent there so they can identify them."

Rosie and Ciski made the trip to northwest Ionia County from Wichita, Kansas. Not officially connected with the cold-case team, the search-and-rescue group decided to take a look in two sites long familiar to police.

Police previously searched each site and found nothing. Rosie, who either finds evidence or clears the scene about 80 percent of the time, also found nothing. But Ciski still considers this a succesful search, because now this site can be eliminated.

http://www.freewebs.com/hope4lost/deanmariepylepeters.htm

Dean Marie Pyle Peters
14 year-old Dean attended her brother's wrestling tournament on February 5, 1981 along with her mother at a local middle school in Ada, Michigan, just outside of Grand Rapids, Michigan where she lived.Dean was last seen by her mother when she excused herself to go to the rest room but she never went/made it to the rest room-and was never seen again.
Dean (who usually went by the nickname 'Deanie') is suspected to have been abducted, though that was never proven in her case. She had dreams of being a model someday and was described by many to be 'very attractive'. Another theory was that Dean ranaway to California where she originally lived, but soon it was obvious that wasn't the case since she left her make-up, purse and all her money behind. (Friends say she never went anywhere without her make-up.) Police say Dean had no reason to runaway-there was no family probelms detected and that she was a bright student.
In 1991, Dean was declared legally dead and her case is now a cold case, which many fear will never be solved. The sad thing is, Dean has been forgotten by lots of people and also by the media, but despite all of that, Dean's friends and family have never stopped looking for her and they never will.

GRAND RAPIDS - She waved to her mother's friend and said, "I'll be right back."

Dean Marie "Deanie" Pyle Peters of Cascade was 14 the afternoon of Feb. 5, 1981, when she disappeared while walking out of her brother's wrestling meet at Grand Rapids Forest Hills Central Middle School, never to be seen again.

The eighth-grade pupil and aspiring model was declared legally dead in 1991, although neither she nor a body have ever been found.

Michigan State Police Lakeview post Det. Sgt. Sally Wolter is on a mission to bring closure to this cold case.

http://www.thedailynews.cc/Main.asp?SectionID=2&ArticleID=21303

I was recently reading about this case on the net,this one seems solvable,I think the story about her getting hit in the parking lot and someone panicking and hiding the body seems plausible.
You would think someone would talk at some point if enough preasure was applied by investigators.
It sounds like inner politics in LE have slowed progress on the case.

Yes, could be....
but,
I think Mindi Chambers looks more like the sketch... and the dates/height/braces are more of a match with her.....

This one is like in my top 5 I would like to see solved.
I wish something would move on this case.
I cant beleive someone still hasnt talked.

This one is like in my top 5 I would like to see solved.
I wish something would move on this case.
I cant beleive someone still hasnt talked.

I cannot believe that there has not been more true leads on this case?? was there people investigated who worked at the school?? my heart really breaks for her family?

They focused on a janitor for awhile but it nothing came of it.
It really sound as though several of her contemporaries at the school know what happened.
If you google her name there is quite a bit of info about the investigation.

They focused on a janitor for awhile but it nothing came of it.
It really sound as though several of her contemporaries at the school know what happened.
If you google her name there is quite a bit of info about the investigation.

why after all this time has there never even been an anonymous tip. it is really scary to know that people can just dissapear. thanks for the info

why after all this time has there never even been an anonymous tip. it is really scary to know that people can just dissapear. thanks for the info
You certainly would think someone would talk after all these years.
Which could indicate that despite the rumours about other students being involved her disappearence could be something else out of left feild.Who knows?
If you ever want to scare yourself about how people can just vanish and how many people disappear all the time go to the 'Doe Network' and look up 'Unexplained Disappearences' start back in the 1950's and start scrolling.
'Unsettling' scarcely covers it.

thanks for the info, i am speechless

Yeah. It is heartwrenching, and why I have been at this work for so long. It is endless and every year just gets worse and worse.
This is still under construction but it gives you another idea...face after face

http://porchlightusamissing.1colony.com/
and these are just usa cases. Lots lots more at Canada, Europe, Australia, Oceania or SAmerica boards.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07
Back