MI MI - Detroit, BlkMale 13-19, UP12129, Blk/Wht/Yellow Brooklyn hockey type jersey, Jul'11

He's the only one I can find also. The recon is pretty umm.. "un-lifelike" on this one. Did you submit it, Jake479?

New recon of this 13-19yo child in Namus in 2018.
Thumbnail

Was "Brooklyn" a high school? Or is this is a sports-team jersey (sorry not from the US so I'm not familiar even with most major teams)
Thumbnail

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

New recon of this 13-19yo child in Namus in 2018.
Thumbnail

Was "Brooklyn" a high school? Or is this is a sports-team jersey (sorry not from the US so I'm not familiar even with most major teams)
Thumbnail

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

there are no schools with the name "brooklyn" in Detroit, but there is a city in Michigan named Brooklyn. there aren't any NHL teams from Brooklyn either, and the only NHL team with the white, yellow, and black colors are the Penguins in Pittsburgh, PA, and the Bruins in Buffalo, NY. of course, there are multiple amateur hockey leagues across the country.

keep in mind he was found in the Detroit River, which has an international border between Detroit, MI and Windsor, ON. it's possible that he may be Canadian (although I'm guessing he was found on the US side, hence why he's in our systems).

Detroit John Doe 2011

Detroit John Doe 2011 (NCMEC)
DETROIT – The identity of a boy found dead in the Detroit River 11 years ago is still unknown.

The boy is estimated to have been between 13 to 19 years old when he died.

His body was recovered just upriver from the Belle Isle Bridge in Detroit on July 5, 2011.

He was found wearing black jean shorts and a white jersey with yellow and brown stripes and “Brooklyn” written across the chest.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children created digital reconstructions of the shirt and what he may have looked like.

DetailsUnidentified
Estimated Age13-19
SexMale
RaceBlack
HairBlack
EyesBrown
Estimated Height5′5′'
Estimated Weight140 lbs

I really thought he was Timothy Johnson. Any new exclusions?

My goodness, a teenage boy unidentified for all this time? I wonder if he was reported missing quite far from where he was found and the report is sitting in a file. How sad. I really hope someone will pick this case up and aggressively work on it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back