GUILTY MI - Detroit, Male UP12576, 20-40, dismembered, May'14 - Sheldon Prawl

Wasn't he in jail?

For a week -- which is why this is so weird. How long does it take body parts to rot? Because, I would assume, if he had been buried during the week the guy was gone, they wouldn't have had much time to get so pungent... then again, he could have been "stored" somewhere else and transported once the perp knew the homeowner was going away for an extended period of time.

I'm trying to figure out how he even decomposed & where since he was encased in concrete. I guess whatever didn't have concrete decomposed.

I'm I the only one wondering what happened to his body that initially LE couldn't determine if he was white or a black. From photo of his arm its definitely hard to tell but looking at his photo its no question. What happened to his arm?

I'm I the only one wondering what happened to his body that initially LE couldn't determine if he was white or a black. From photo of his arm its definitely hard to tell but looking at his photo its no question. What happened to his arm?

What do you mean what happened to his arm?
He was dismembered then put in large blue drums with concrete covering his remains

so happy to read IDENTIFIED! in the thread title

This one has been buggin me and that is unusual because I don't normally get caught up in the un-identifieds. Thanks so much for making me feel welcome on this thread despite my obvious lack of knowledge of this sort of case. It was much appreciated!

skin slippage? would that have been a factor in causing confusion initially about race of victim?

I'm still curious about Deisha since there was no Deisha obit or death record we found that matched. I wonder if it was a half sister of his because they article said his Mother said it was his sister. If it were her daughter as well, would it have said her daughter, Sheldon's sister?

Regardless I'm happy to hear he has been identified.

What do you mean what happened to his arm?
He was dismembered then put in large blue drums with concrete covering his remains

I understand that. BUT he is clearly a brown skinned black man. If I saw Sheldon in person, I would immediately know he is a black man no question. YET when LE initially asked for help identifying the body they could not determine whether he was white or a light skinned black man which he is neither IMO.

BUT if you look at picture of the tattoo, the arm looks really light or possibly white.

I'm still curious about Deisha since there was no Deisha obit or death record we found that matched. I wonder if it was a half sister of his because they article said his Mother said it was his sister. If it were her daughter as well, would it have said her daughter, Sheldon's sister?

Regardless I'm happy to hear he has been identified.

Actually Deisha is the mother's sister.

"Authorities were able to identify Prawl after police released an image of a distinctive tattoo on his forearm. Daley said her son got the tattoo in honor of her sister who died of a heart attack"

Ok maybe not another media outlet says "his sister". So I don't know.

I understand that. BUT he is clearly a brown skinned black man. If I saw Sheldon in person, I would immediately know he is a black man no question. YET when LE initially asked for help identifying the body they could not determine whether he was white or a light skinned black man which he is neither IMO.

BUT if you look at picture of the tattoo, the arm looks really light or possibly white.

I wonder if the cement had a bleaching effect.

My first thought was they brightened the photo to show the tattoo, which would account for the ink looking blue.

It may have been difficult to see on dark skin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lengthy article, lots of interesting detail. imo.

http://www.americannursetoday.com/article.aspx?id=7434&fid=7360

"Recommendations for assessing dark-skinned patients

When assessing a patient’s skin, use natural light or a halogen lamp rather than fluorescent light, which may alter the skin’s true color and give the illusion of a bluish tint.

Skin color is particularly important in detecting cyanosis and staging pressure ulcers. Cyanosis occurs when a person has 5 g/dL of unoxygenated hemoglobin in the arterial blood. Central cyanosis (cyanosis of the lips, mucous membranes, and tongue) occurs when arterial oxygen saturation falls below 85% in patients with normal hemoglobin levels. In light-skinned patients, cyanosis presents as a dark bluish tint to the skin and mucous membranes (which reflects the bluish tint of unoxygenated hemoglobin). But in dark-skinned patients, cyanosis may present as gray or whitish (not bluish) skin around the mouth, and the conjunctivae may appear gray or bluish. In patients with yellowish skin, cyanosis may cause a grayish-greenish skin tone."

<<<< Snip>>>>>>

"Skin color assessment methods

The most common way to assess skin color is to use the Fitzpatrick scale, which was developed to classify skin type during a study of UV dosing in psoriasis treatment. (See the box below.) The latest version of this scale classifies skin into one of six types based on its reaction to sun exposure. However, this scale isn&#8217;t particularly helpful in nursing assessment because of its focus on the effects of sun exposure and because dark-skinned people fall into primarily one category."

I sent this to the detective's email of another possible Deisha w same age from Michigan.
"Hello, I saw on an online news feed a guy who was unidentified who had a tattoo of a girl named Deisha saying RIP. I'm a volunteer advocate for missing and unidentified people. Here at this link below is a girl whose nickname is Deisha from grand rapids or karamanzoo, Michigan, who is the same age as the deceased Deisha. Perhaps the IP of the creator of that account can be traced. I did a search for her screen name which is Miz_thick2006 but I don't see anything besides the acct on Black Planet. I searched kyree and her siblings but not much came up. Not sure if this is the same Deisha but she fits the description with age and location. Plus, I searched birth and death and no obits showed for a Deisha so I think it was a nickname or misspelled. On this page it says Deisha is just her nickname. Kyree is her boyfriend, at the time at least. Or maybe a good friend. And I searched for missing men with the name kyree and didn't see anything yet. Thanks,
Barbara
Here is the link below:
http://www.blackplanet.com/Miz_thick2006/ "

I haven't heard back from anyone yet.

And I sent that weeks ago...not sure what happened with that

Thanks, hoping they manage to get fingerprints off the tape to help solve this gruesome murder of a young man.
bbm.

" The containers were reported by Detroit police to have been covered in duct tape.

The remains were identified as Prawl’s after Detroit police released pictures of a tattoo — it included the words “R.I.P. Deisha” and the dates 8-23-81 – 4-7-09 —found on the victim’s forearm. Beverly Daley, Prawl’s mother, told Detroit ABC affiliate WXYZ-TV that the tattoo was in honor of his sister who died in 2009 from a heart attack."

:eek:

Did Halloween play any role in this case?
Sounds like someone might have made purchases of cement, storage crates and duct tape, imo.
Wonder why perp/s did not remove tattoo, doubtful they were too squeamish, imo.

http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/...n-Found-Dismembered-In-Detroit-264560271.html

"The 24 year old was last seen walking in the South Shore Drive area of Jacksonville on October 31, 2013.

The Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office in Detroit says Prawl's body parts were packed into two plastic storage crates with tops, loosely packed with concrete. His head and torso were together in one crate, while his other body parts were in the other, according to Mary Mazur.

The medical examiner has not determined how Prawl died, Mazur said, saying there is no evidence of gunshot wounds. It's also been hard to determine when he died. Mazur said the medical examiner tried to identify the remains through fingerprints, but the body had decomposed too much for that to be possible"

bbm.

http://www.jdnews.com/news/crime/search-warrant-served-in-case-of-dismembered-man-1.343674

A Jacksonville man found dismembered in Detroit two months ago went missing in October after a fight with the resident of a home local police recently searched, according to court documents...

Police have seized multiple items after executing a search warrant on the home on South Shore Drive where Prawl was reportedly last seen...

According to the court documents, a resident of the home and Prawl had a verbal argument that morning. The resident reportedly left and later returned to discover Prawl and his belongings were gone, though his 2001 Jaguar remained, according to the documents. The documents also say Prawl texted the resident multiple times apologizing and saying he was leaving town for a couple days.

Oh boy, this is a creepy list, imo..

http://www.wcti12.com/news/police-search-property-after-jacksonville-man-found-dismembered/26861942

"A search warrant released this week reveal that Jacksonville Police seized several items on June 27 from a home on South Shore Drive, as well as from a utility shed and tent in the backyard. The seized items include:

- Machete;

- Three Tyvek suits (coveralls commonly worn by mechanics, painters, laboratory, cleanroom, and HAZMAT workers);

- Sauna suit;

- Large section of carpet and mat from living room;

- Large throw rug from living room;

- Gateway computer tower;

- Gray portable lock box with key;

- Shoe box containing letters of correspondence;

- Black iPhone with cracked screen;

- Black Samsung cellphone;

- Black LG Sprint cellphone;

- Greyhound bus receipt.

Police did name a person of interest on the warrant. But because that person has not been officially charged, NewsChannel 12 is not releasing the person's identity.

Investigators have also searched all vehicles owned or used by that person".

http://www.wcti12.com/news/more-details-in-jacksonville-murder-investigation/26889592

The affidavit states that on Nov. 12, 2013, Prawl's girlfriend had a local carpet-cleaning company come into the home on South Shore Drive where she and Prawl were living...

The affidavit states the girlfriend only made two calls to Prawl’s phone after his disappearance and she never went out of her way to contact police. There are no records of Prawl’s girlfriend calling the Detroit Police Department, according to the documents. Furthermore, the affidavit states that Prawl’s girlfriend was asked to take a polygraph test by detectives, but she declined.

The affidavit says Prawl's girlfriend has a brother who, on Nov. 14, declined to do an in-person interview with Jacksonville Police Department's detectives. The brother said he was not in Jacksonville the week Prawl went missing, but that contradicted other statements given to detectives, the affidavit states. The brother has a Detroit address; his residence is located 7.6 miles from where Prawl’s body was found...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr
Back