MI MI - Detroit, UncFem 16-25, UP11892, Playboy logo on panties, Light brown - blonde hair, May'85

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
New addition to NamUs of a previously unpublicized case.

NamUs UP # 11892 https://identifyus.org/cases/11892

Unidentified White Female
* Discovered on May 14, 1985 at 12770 Appoline, Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 18 to 25 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: unknown.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Blond/Strawberry hair, Light brown to Blonde pubic hair.
* Clothing/Jewelry 1.5 inch wide double hoop earring, light yellow metal, fastener for nonpierced ears. White metal barrette.

Body Condition
* Mummified - Head and one or more limbs not recovered

Clothing
* Cut off blue jeans, size 32
* Sweater with beige, black and blue horizontal stripes
* Blue/white lace panties with a Playboy Bunny logo

I started this thread because I am particularly interested in old cases involving teens and early 20's victims.

Ms Suzanne: I doubt that this is your sister, but you might want to make sure she can be officially ruled out anyway. The timeline is about right, and she fits the parameters.

_____

The playboy bunny logo caught my attention, and reminded me of Debra Cressotti. (though I also doubt that this is Debra, as she was a bit older than the age parameters, and there is no reason to place her in Detroit following her Date LKA)

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3100dfma.html

From what I understand, her husband was involved in strip clubs. A newspaper article about her breeding of Shar Pei dogs included a bit about a Weimeraner named Blaze who is shown with a vest with a Playboy bunny logo embroidered on it.

2211805420045078242S600x600Q851_zpsbb18ce73.jpg

The full article can be found in Debra's MBNF thread (Post #41):

MA - Debra A. Cressotti, 29, Blandford, 30-Apr-1985

Ok.Thank You Carl.Do you know if they have DNA (mtDNA) or are they going to get it from her? Can someone please help me find out more on this Jane Doe.Newspaper articles ect...

I couldn't find any articles on this body in my searching.

In 1985, Walmart used to sell panties with the playboy bunny logo on them. I was in college and I remember buying them (do not ask me why I remember this but I can see them in my head).

Alot of my friends also had these since they were pretty inexpensive and Walmart was about the only place in town to buy underwear.

So I figure that it was less about any association with the Playboy franchise and more about cheap Walmart underwear...

Wow Carl didn't even notice this case yet plus lost my internet for a minute. Id like to say you are dealing with a crippled police department in my town (BANKRUPT) and so DNA is not likely unless done by Michigan State Police Crime Lab. At this time the Chambers Brothers had that side of town on lockdown in the crack epidemic. My best guess is maybe drugs, Prostitution, possibly. The area where she was found is still bad and was not much better if not worse in 1985 or before. I hate to go that route and hope I am wrong, but I've lived here my whole life and a lot of nice girls are not found like this. Unless put there by real bad people, but mostly they put themselves there.

_____

The playboy bunny logo caught my attention, and reminded me of Debra Cressotti. (though I also doubt that this is Debra, as she was a bit older than the age parameters, and there is no reason to place her in Detroit following her Date LKA)

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3100dfma.html

From what I understand, her husband was involved in strip clubs. A newspaper article about her breeding of Shar Pei dogs included a bit about a Weimeraner named Blaze who is shown with a vest with a Playboy bunny logo embroidered on it.

2211805420045078242S600x600Q851_zpsbb18ce73.jpg

The full article can be found in Debra's MBNF thread (Post #41):

MA - Debra A. Cressotti, 29, Blandford, 30-Apr-1985

This creeps me out. Maybe ten years ago, I was pulling out some hideous wood paneling behind a built-in bookshelf.

Behind the panelling, wedged between the 2x4s, I found some crumpled-up Playboys, and got REALLY freaked out, thinking I'd stumbled across a serial killer's stash or something. (I mean, WHY bother to hide something like this??) Got my mom and sister to come watch as I unwrapped them.

Turns out they were Playboy CATALOGS, from the same time period as this thread's murders (mid to late 1980s).

Ripped out pictures from yet more Playboy catalogs were placed in between the whole catalogs' pages. And that's not all! Whoever had stashed these behind the panelling had LOVINGLY, CAREFULLY added phalluses to maybe two dozen models (OVER their clothes!), using white-out and ball-point pen.

It was the freakiest thing I have ever found in all my home-repairs. I hope it was just the work of a frustrated teenager, one who got better and did NOT go on to murder and/or rape anyone.

Ugh. Creepy creepy creepy. I can NEVER look at Playboy merchandise the same way again. Before it was just TACKY to me; but NOW it brings back that sick feeling I felt when I pulled those catalogs out of the dust.

This female torso was found in the rafters of a garage? What on earth? How did the owners not notice something, prior to her becoming mummified? Unless she was placed there after (excuse the graphic description) stopped dripping?
Are there any rule outs for this poor lass? I couldn’t see any recent MSM mention
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

There are no exclusions listed. :)

This female torso was found in the rafters of a garage? What on earth? How did the owners not notice something, prior to her becoming mummified? Unless she was placed there after (excuse the graphic description) stopped dripping?
Are there any rule outs for this poor lass? I couldn’t see any recent MSM mention

Terry Gayton went missing from approx. 30 minutes away and about 8 months prior.

JD was missing her head, one or more limbs and one or more hands. According to Terry's profile on The Charley Project she has a tattoo on her left shoulder. The timeline, locations*, age, and hair color along with the tattoo/missing limb make me think you might be on to something. Have you submitted her as a potential match?

*Terry was from Pontiac but was last seen in Millington. The total drive time from Millington to the Detroit address where JD was discovered is about 1.5 hours and only 33 minutes from Pontiac to Detroit. Very doable, imo.

There are no exclusions listed. :)

JD was missing her head, one or more limbs and one or more hands. According to Terry's profile on The Charley Project she has a tattoo on her left shoulder. The timeline, locations*, age, and hair color along with the tattoo/missing limb make me think you might be on to something. Have you submitted her as a potential match?

*Terry was from Pontiac but was last seen in Millington. The total drive time from Millington to the Detroit address where JD was discovered is about 1.5 hours and only 33 minutes from Pontiac to Detroit. Very doable, imo.
If I did, I never heard back.

Hello I've been looking for this article since I was a kid. That was my home they found the body in the garage. I was 8 years old. I can't believe I've finally found people talkn about this. I've always wanted to know what happened after the body was taken from our backyard. I remember this like yesterday. I'm 46 now. Me and my brothers stayed there with my mom and 2 sisters. It was 6 of us and my mom. Me and my brothers would be playing in the garage and it smelled bad but we had no clue what the smell was cause we were kids and really didn't pay it no mind because we were having so much fun in the garage playing up in rafter looking out the small window in the front of the garage . It was like a hexagon shape window and we had *advertiser censored* books up there that we were sneaking looking at. Lol.. I definitely can remember seeing a bag in the top corner of the garage where we were looking at the *advertiser censored* books but we never went over by the bag cause it really wasn't a concern. So for months that bag was up there and we had no clue what it was until one day my mom told my two older brothers to get the bag down. I guess they had a conversation about it. Because I don't know what made them take it down butt when my brothers Shawn and Dee pushed it off the top of the garage rafter it left a big stain in the concrete that's what I remember like yesterday. Next thing I know the EMS came and the police and they were in the alley and that's when they told my mom it was a dead body. I couldn't believe it I was so shocked. The news came to my house and talked with my mom later that night and that's what I remember.

That was my house when I was a kid my brothers found the bag with the body in it

This thread says UNCFEM. Does that stand for unclaimed female? I thought that meant they had been identified but their body was unclaimed by family? Somebody help me with this- Has anybody called the coroner or LE to make sure she has not already been identified?

This thread says UNCFEM. Does that stand for unclaimed female? I thought that meant they had been identified but their body was unclaimed by family? Somebody help me with this- Has anybody called the coroner or LE to make sure she has not already been identified?

The Namus record has the race listed as "uncertain" aka UNC.

Namus was last updated in September 2022 but still no publicly visible ruleouts.

Terry Gayton went missing from approx. 30 minutes away and about 8 months prior.
@victoriarobinson642 Terry's Namus has lots of ruleouts, but this UID isn't one of them. Not sure if the timeline would be enough to mummify the remains? Terry had a tattoo on one shoulder, but it's not clear which part of the shoulder, nor whether the corresponding shoulder location was recovered for the UID. Vic would you consider turning this potential match in?

Circumstances of Recovery The torso of a female was found in the rafters of a garage located at 12770 Appoline by new tennants.

Details of Recovery​

Inventory of Remains Head not recovered One or more limbs not recovered One or both hands not recovered
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Mummified

Physical Description​

Hair Color Blond/Strawberry
Head Hair Description Light brown to blonde public hair
Eye Description Head not recovered

Distinctive Physical Features​

No Known Information

Clothing and Accessories​

Clothing- Cut off blue jeans, size 32 Sweater with beige, black and blue horizontal stripes Blue/white lace panties with a Play Boy Bunny logo - On the Body

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back