Identified! MI - Detroit, WhtFem UP8272, 18-20, in garbage dump, recent childbirth, Feb'87 - n/a

I wish they will release name and info about HJD to the public. If she had a child, though, the child and the rest of her family may not want the information to go public.
In any case, we wait...
It's all up to Law Enforcement, it's more than likely an active homicide investigation so they may not release the name as soon as they announce that she is identified.

If they have DNA from the perpetrator, they could be doing genetic genealogy. They might announce the identities of Harper Jane Doe and her murderer at the same time. This has happened in the cases of Mary Silvani, Wanda Kirkum, and Anita Piteau.

Since when is The Doe Network a social media account? Anyway, I put on this sub, two days ago, The Doe Network labeled this case identified.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201120-163908_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20201120-163908_Samsung Internet.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 112
I was reading the recent discussion about Harper Jane Doe on reddit and it made me wonder how accurate was the original 1987 sketch. It was mentioned that there was another sketch of her made in 2012, did somebody see it?
There is an alternative not official new reconstruction/image (even two) I have found of her and she looks there very different from the official one. But I could not find any sketch made in 2012

Last edited:
I was reading the recent discussion about Harper Jane Doe on reddit and it made me wonder how accurate was the original 1987 sketch. It was mentioned that there was another sketch of her made in 2012, did somebody see it?
There is an alternative not official new reconstruction/image (even two) I have found of her and she looks there very different from the official one. But I could not find any sketch made in 2012

can you include any of these images, or a link to them?

Thanks!

Did she really have such a fashionable (for 1980s standards) freshly permed, dyed and crimped hairdo? Whoa. She must have seen a hairdresser shortly before. Not even 2 weeks before. Less than that.
And the stats say she had blonde hair with a reddish tint, that would be sth lile strawberry blonde in my book, not red... but still, such a gorgeous recon!

Did she really have such a fashionable (for 1980s standards) freshly permed, dyed and crimped hairdo? Whoa. She must have seen a hairdresser shortly before. Not even 2 weeks before. Less than that.
And the stats say she had blonde hair with a reddish tint, that would be sth lile strawberry blonde in my book, not red... but still, such a gorgeous recon!

Absolutely a fantastic recon. I wonder if she looked anything like that but maybe we will find out one day.

What a gorgeous recon. It is similar to the old sketch, though, face is still similar. Just the color makes a big difference.

I agree! This reconstruction is absolutely stunning, and I think her face does very much look like the original in black and white. The colour is just so vivid. Beautiful.

There is also the second recon, which looks very realistic. But I am not sure I can post it here, as it is a profile picture of one of the reddit user, who said they made it based on the recon from 2012. It resembles a bit the one I have posted here before.

Last edited:
I made that reconstruction, I think around eight months ago. Could've sworn I posted it off Reddit, but I guess I didn't. Glad to see it's getting love over here.
Your reconstruction is amazing. . You are such a gifted artist! I am fascinated by your talent
I hope you do not mind I posted the link to it here (the post on reddit is actually archived but not deleted)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back