Identified! MI - Detroit, WhtFem UP8272, 18-20, in garbage dump, recent childbirth, Feb'87 - n/a

I could understand withholding the name until the next of kin are notified, but in that case, you don't announce that you have identified her to the press.

It would seem that if they want to solve the murder, releasing the name might bring forward some useful information or clues.

Another scenario I've seen is that finding the person's identity pretty much reveals the murderer, often a spouse or parent. The name is withheld so as to avoid tipping off the murderer, who might try to destroy evidence or more likely flee (or kill themselves) before they can be arrested. It takes time to build a case suitable for prosecution.

they aren't legally obligated to release anything that might impact the investigation. We could be waiting awhile to get a name FYI
I just meant once the case is solved or they can release information without it impacting the case, they can only hold the name under family request if it's not a homicide.

In most cases, when it’s a homicide investigation and the victim was an UID. The name is released in a press conference/social media post.

I think that we’d eventually find out, maybe they can’t release it due to confirmation of her identity, or perhaps the father’s DNA of her baby.

When it comes to this case, I think of Evelyn’s case (Beth Doe). The identification was made months ago and it was released once they tracked down the father by DNA.

Hoping for Detroit Jane Doe’s case to be solved soon!

Like a member mentioned a few posts ago, I hope LE is actively working on this case, even if maybe family members are hoping it will all just disappear. I hope someone who was close to this lady cares enough about her to be checking in with investigators on the progress. I have no idea who she was and care very much, and am also hoping her child is safe and well

Thank you for bringing this lady's case to attention. I had a look about her disappearance and she has an active Facebook page run by. i think , family member and as per that page, she has never been found sadly, so it looks like she's not Harper Jane doe
Linda House was suggested a while back:

TX - TX - Linda House, 29, 8 months pregnant, Dallas, 8 Nov 1985

Obviously, I don't know how precise the "recent" description of this victim's childbirth may be?

(Is there a prize for Convoluted Sentence Structure?)

Mostly, I'd like to know that the baby is is a healthy adult now....

jmho ymmv lrr

I noticed the mention of Missing in Michigan within your avatar -- is it known that the baby is grown now & OK???

Just not specifically public knowledge?

Is there more you'd like to tell us -- but out of respect for the family are keeping quiet?

the baby is a healthy adult now. other than that they deserve their privacy.

I'm glad the baby is safe and well, and yes the family deserves privacy, but I'm also hoping eventually her identity will be disclosed so she isn't just known as a person so horrifically murdered and dumped like trash
I've said this time and time again, but they have to eventually. They can only permanently hold a name if a person was killed by non-homicidal means.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back