MI MI - Detroit, WhtFem UP8272, 18-20, in garbage dump, recent childbirth, Feb'87

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by CarlK90245, Feb 5, 2014.

1. EuTuCroquet?

EuTuCroquet? “What's happening to my special purpose!?”

A story from Aug. 17, 2018

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ca...h-warehouse-in-cold-case-investigation-109452

Dwyer said part of the warehouse was searched previously by police in Eastpointe investigating the 1986 disappearance of 13-year-old Cindy Zarzycki after the man now convicted of killing her, Arthur Ream, led police to the girl’s body 10 years ago. Ream reportedly operated a carpet business and had an office at the warehouse in Warren, adjacent to a butcher shop.

“What is particularly interesting is that the primary location has been undisturbed since he (Ream) went to prison,” Dwyer said. “That warehouse, a portion of it had been disturbed, but the area we searched was untouched.”

Last October, Nina Innsted featured the Kimberly King case on her “Already Gone” true crime podcast. The episode, and the Warren Police Department’s efforts to take a fresh look at the case, prompted a story by a local television news station in December.

The renewed investigation, led by Warren police detectives James Twardesky and Brent Chisolm, along with Chicago-based cold case investigator Jennifer Lebo, included new interviews with Ream. That led to a weeklong search of a wooded area near 23 Mile Road and North Avenue in Macomb Township in early May, not far from the site where Ream buried Zarzycki.

The dig was later suspended, but Dwyer said the investigative team would evaluate what it learned and continue its investigation. Investigators in May said they believed the remains of up to six more missing girls, including King, could have been buried on the property.​

carbuff and whatsnext like this.
  2. EuTuCroquet?

Aug. 13, 2018 story:

Cops, FBI search Warren warehouse in decades-old missing-girl cases

Dwyer said there was enough probable cause to secure a search warrant, but he was guarded in providing details. He said there were a number of items to be looked at as possible evidence in the ongoing case — "items that will enhance our investigation."

No remains were found at the warehouse, Dwyer said.

Dwyer said police won't be releasing more information until they have more conclusive evidence.

He declined comment on whether authorities have done other searches since the dig in May and the warehouse search Monday. He said it's "always possible" authorities may go back to the Macomb Township location, which Dwyer previously called a "grave site."

Dwyer previously said authorities were redirected to the Macomb Township area after it was reported that Ream was bragging in prison about killing four to six people.

He said Ream, 69, who is suspected in the other missing girl cases, was interviewed and failed a polygraph. Fellow prisoners were also interviewed. Ream stopped cooperating with authorities.

Laughing and carbuff like this.
  3. EuTuCroquet?

I can’t help but wonder if she’s a victim of Arthur Ream.

4. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

5. EuTuCroquet?

6. taramarie

taramarie Well-Known Member

Reminder that her investigator is still raising funds to run her genealogy and ID her. Link reposted below with more details. Please help if you can! No donation is too small.

Let’s help give answers to her child, wherever he or she is <3

7. taramarie

taramarie Well-Known Member

She’s been added to DNA Doe Project’s “pending list”. Her DNA is at the lab for extraction.

<3

Attached Files:

8. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

I'm hoping beyond hope this young mother finally gets her name back!

9. leilarose68

leilarose68 Well-Known Member

DNA Doe Project says that we should hear mid-December if her extraction produced enough for sequencing.

Al Ka, Jake479, cvaldez1975 and 9 others like this.
  10. MarziPanda

MarziPanda Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed. This case is close to my heart. I lost my mum at a young age. I was four and I don't remember much about her. I really hope this mum gets her name back so her child or children can find out who she was and what happened to her, and get some peace.

Al Ka, Suglo, carbuff and 6 others like this.
  11. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Yeah, the women who are known to be mothers really break my heart. Not just the loss but thinking what kind of life the children might have had if the other parent was the one who caused the mother's death.

12. Alleykins

Same here, Carbuff. In cases where DV may have been involved, I shudder to think what the children of missing mothers are being told to explain their disappearance. Can you imagine growing up being told your mother abandoned you only to find out it was a lie and they met with foul play? Most likely, this JD's child was too young to even remember.
    I'm so hopeful for her!

13. Nina Michigan

Nina Michigan Reader, writer, connector of dots

I have an update on this case! I've been working with missing in Michigan and the "Doe Fund Me" project. Her DNA was obtained and will be run. Then it moves on to the genetic genealogists, and hopefully she will have her name in 2019!

14. leilarose68

Yep, last month DNA Doe Project indicated on their pinned facebook post that Harper Doe's DNA was at the lab for extraction :) According to their pinned post updated last week or so she was headed to DNA sequencing. Looks like she will be uploaded to GEDMatch soon and an active case for DDP if all goes well!

cvaldez1975, Al Ka, Jake479 and 6 others like this.
  15. Alleykins

Thanks for the update, Nina Michigan! This is great news.

16. leilarose68

Harper Jane Doe 87 - DNA Doe Project Cases

Harper County Jane Doe has been added to the DNA Doe Project website as a pending case!

"As of February 22, 2019 DNA for Harper Jane Doe is undergoing sequencing. If successful, a GEDmatch file should be available in March."

17. Mrs. Badcrumble

Mrs. Badcrumble The North remembers

Jane Doe's sequencing's done, and she's in bioinformatics now.

18. Liv27

Liv27 Well-Known Member

Little update from DDP:

Harper Jane Doe’s DNA is now in the GEDMatch system! Hopefully she’ll be identified soon.

Tabirey, FireOwl9, Laughing and 13 others like this.
  19. Alleykins

This is great news! Fingers crossed she'll soon have her name back.

20. Laughing

Laughing Rarely Speechless

and possibly a 32 year old will find out about their own adoption....