Found Deceased MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #14

while many of us are not at all shocked or surprised at this development, we are still heartbroken and prayerful for her family friends and loved ones.

It is so tragic. This young lady had so much going for her and so much to accomplish. What was broken was not irreparable. Had she opted to seek help instead of trying to handle her illness on her own, had someone seen, recognized and effectively intervened, this beautiful, ambitious young woman could have done much and helped many.

:( :(

Rest in Peace Dr. Teleka Patrick.

I am thankful at least that her family will have some measure of closure and not face years of unknowing.

Been gone all weekend and sure not what I wanted to come back and read. how far was she found from her car? Wonder if she wandered into it or took her life?

Been gone all weekend and sure not what I wanted to come back and read. hor far was she found from her car? Wonder if she wandered into it or took her life?
She only had to go over the fence and a few yards over the berm into the water. At night, she probably would not have been able to see and fell in then been unable to navigate the water with the weight of her jacket and clothes. With the cold and panic, hypothermia would have set in quickly.

I have no doubt she has been there all along and this was an accidental drowning.

If she hadn't done all the other strange things in the hours leading up to her car going off the road, I might agree.

Been gone all weekend and sure not what I wanted to come back and read. how far was she found from her car? Wonder if she wandered into it or took her life?

They will never know. It's not uncommon for people with mental illness (especially Schizophrenia) to do things that end up taking their own lives. Jumping out of a window and into lakes, oceans are biggies.

I believe TP was in such a mental state on the night if her disappearance, it was likely not intentional.

I still think that her disappearance may have stemmed around news that she received on the job--possibly a request for a mental eval. I think there was an acute cause (career related) for her going totally off the rail.

If she hadn't done all the other strange things in the hours leading up to her car going off the road, I might agree.
I think those things point more to it being an accidental drowning due to her running in a panic away from the car in order to hide.

There is no part of this discovery which indicates a murder or even a suicide, imo. Hopefully, the ME can rule on the COD and MOD soon.

Maybe this is what 'kept her safe' in hotel rooms — baptising, or something, and she felt it was an emergency. I guess we will never know. RIP :(

Sent from Telezonia

I have no doubt she has been there all along and this was an accidental drowning.

I agree. I hope this discovery helps lead to some sense of peace rather than conspiracy theories or people trying to blame others for her ending up in the lake. I am worried some people (not necessarily on WS, just people in general) will try to keep blaming the pastor, try to say TP was murdered or chased into the lake, etc. when she obviously was very ill and ended up in that lake as a result of her illness. TP was a victim of her illness (as was the pastor). It also seems in many cases, tracking dogs aren't always right. The way this case has ended is how I have always felt that Bryce Laspisa's case will eventually end - and I believe the dogs made a mistake in his case, too.

Like many of you, I have been fairly sure for a while that TP was disoreiented/going through a mental break, got out of her car, and succumbed to the elements somewhere nearby.

Her beautiful, intelligent mind was also very sick. She's now free of that sickness. Fly high and free, Teleka. I'm sending positive energy to all those who loved her and everyone of WS who followed her case & worked so hard on all her social media.

I haven't been participating here but I've been following Teleka's case. Sad news for her family and friends.

Same here. I haven't been participating either, but I've been following...this was one of the 2 cases that first brought me to WS, where I lurked for months, before finally joining a few days ago. Although I never posted here, I did subscribe to this thread, and I am heartbroken to see this update.

My prayers go out to Teleka's family and friends.

Teleka, you were a beautiful woman with a beautiful mind. I wish I had the honor of knowing you.

You are loved and cared for by many people, even though some of us never knew you.

Rest in peace, Dr. Patrick, rest in peace! :rose:

So sad. I hope Dr. Patrick's family and friends can find peace. :(

my your soul be at ease teleka.
ugh, this hits me hard.
Rest In Peace

Heard about the discovery of the body on the local 6:00PM news (WDIV, Detroit). A beautiful, brilliant woman has been taken much too soon. My thoughts and prayers are with Teleka's family and all who loved her. :rose:

Now we have to wait and see how, and maybe when did she end up there, and if it was an accident?

I agree. I hope this discovery helps lead to some sense of peace rather than conspiracy theories or people trying to blame others for her ending up in the lake. I am worried some people (not necessarily on WS, just people in general) will try to keep blaming the pastor, try to say TP was murdered or chased into the lake, etc. when she obviously was very ill and ended up in that lake as a result of her illness. .

Well if you believe in the stages of grief...anger will come and people will probably turn their sights to the pastor.

But at some point, the clinically sane folks will reach a point of acceptance that this young lady had a serious mental illness.

And no matter what TP would have had to get help before she hurt someone or herself. This is the case with many, many mentally ill people.

I say that with the ultimate regret. My heart goes out to her and the family.

Well it sounds like this is it. Rest in peace Teleka. You've touched many lives, shed a little light on the personal tribulations those with mental illness suffer. I hope you're not forgotten and that somehow your tragedy leads to more public awareness, more research and breakthroughs.

I agree. I hope this discovery helps lead to some sense of peace rather than conspiracy theories or people trying to blame others for her ending up in the lake. I am worried some people (not necessarily on WS, just people in general) will try to keep blaming the pastor, try to say TP was murdered or chased into the lake, etc. when she obviously was very ill and ended up in that lake as a result of her illness. TP was a victim of her illness (as was the pastor). It also seems in many cases, tracking dogs aren't always right. The way this case has ended is how I have always felt that Bryce Laspisa's case will eventually end - and I believe the dogs made a mistake in his case, too.

Like many of you, I have been fairly sure for a while that TP was disoreiented/going through a mental break, got out of her car, and succumbed to the elements somewhere nearby.

Her beautiful, intelligent mind was also very sick. She's now free of that sickness. Fly high and free, Teleka. I'm sending positive energy to all those who loved her and everyone of WS who followed her case & worked so hard on all her social media.

I couldn't agree more. Although my heart goes out to Teleka, the Sapp family deserves peace. They had nothing to do with this. Nothing. Teleka was tormented, and in the days before her death, the proof is in her tweets. She was running from demons and fictional assassins from a story made up in her head. There is no conspiracy, and I hope the media doesn't further victimise the Sapp family in trying to drum up readership. Read what Teleka wrote. She was in fear for her life, felt she was 'anointed', and had to follow god's orders to be protected. She did this, whether accidentally or on purpose. There is no one else. It is a tragedy as sharp as any I have heard of.

Tcat.

Sent from Telezonia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288