Found Deceased MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #14

I don't think it was suicide at all. I believe it will be found to be an accidental drowning.

I agree. She was in a paranoid panic that night and probably was trying to run and hide. It's dark at night and she probably didn't even realize the pond was there. RIP Teleka.

I have no idea on how long it has been thawed. The reason I seem familiar with the area are the hours I spent pondering and researching the surroundings where her car was found. One of our members went to the site and took great photos for us which helped to get a greater view. She also took a photo of the fence where it appeared to be lower for Dr. Patrick to get over without much effort in the area of her vehicle.

Yes, exactly this. The photo did indeed show that the fence was pushed down...With easy access (no effort) to the area leading into the lake.
https://m.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10203044014767429.1073741825.1417096132&type=1&l=6e9e1048ca

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I don't think it was suicide at all. I believe it will be found to be an accidental drowning.

From a science stance, it will interesting for me to learn how they rule out suicide and/or accidental drowning. Thank you for the info. I'm new to crime, sleuthing and all the things that go with it. I have a lot to learn.

From a "I wanted her to be alive, seeking treatment and getting better", I'm heartbroken. I'm not saying I thought this lately, but in my little alternate reality, yk?

I have been thinking about her constantly for the last couple days. Talking about her, searching for info, reading and posting here.

I've come to care for her for so many reasons. :please:

I guess they'll rule it out bc suicide by drowning is probably extremely rare. Especially if there was no weight or way to stay under since you would instinctively want to survive.

Ok, this makes it worse for me. Much worse.

Peace and love to her brother, sister and parents. I know her brother must be sick. They seemed to be the closest ones in the family.

Does anyone remember reading back many threads ago that the banks leading into the lake were quite steep in the section NEAREST the interstate?. She may have tumbled into the lake and succumbed to hypothermia based on the water temperature that dark evening. I always thought that she was in the lake and that her "other hair" would be the first item to be found.

Yeah, I remember that. I'm glad that poster went out there and took those pics (i'm so sorry I can't remember your username right now, I can barely see the monitor through the tears), it put things into perspective.

It was very steep. Oh my. I wish I could have saved her and helped her.

The Parking lot is closed (indefinitely?) for review, so I can not post this there. But in her tweets, Teleka quoted quite a bit from The Bible. I hope it's OK to point out that on November 5th, a month before she went missing, in the wee hours of the morning, Teleka quoted Psalm 23.

It seems especially poignant now.

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures, he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow
of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence
of mine enemies; thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

I just put Lake Charles out of mind bc of the searches and scans. I remember in the beginning looking at maps and seeing it and thinking that was it. I posted awhile back about it:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

http://binged.it/1fnK1Su

Here are 2 storm culverts next to Lake Charles. I think she would naturally gravitate towards openings in the brush and there is a path/trail that leads right to the lake from the highway on the other side of the fence. I think it would be easy to climb that fence under most circumstances. There may also be a bend in the fence there from previous events (people, animals, etc), especially since there is that path there.

If it was slippery on that path and down the hill, it could have been easy to wind up in Lake Charles I have thought that from the beginning. If you were to slip down that embankment to the lake and obviously it was deep enough to have a boat docked at the outer rim, it is a recipe for disaster. It could have been slightly frozen over, enough that after tumbling in, it was hard to get out. If she didn't fall down the path and didn't realize it was a lake and walked on it, thinking it was a field or not thinking at all about where she was walking, she could have hit a "soft spot" and fell in and was unable to get out.

I have no idea how they would look there now. There has been a lot and when I say a lot, I mean an unusual amount of snow in the area. I don't know how they would look now but obviously, I"m not an expert.

Poor Dr. Patrick

Yes, exactly this. The photo did indeed show that the fence was pushed down...With easy access (no effort) to the area leading into the lake.
https://m.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10203044014767429.1073741825.1417096132&type=1&l=6e9e1048ca

I can see the fence is pushed down, but not where that stretch of down fence is in relation to where her car was....does anyone know when it was pushed down?

Sorry for being a pest...I followed the case but never this aspect--seemed everyone, including MSM and online forums were obsessing over tweets.

Thanks to the photographer.

RIP Dr. Teleka Patrick. I feel like I actually knew you, from reading your tweets. You were a beautiful, intelligent lady who suffered something most of us never will. You certainly showed me thru all this what daily torments you must have gone thru. May you rest now in peace knowing how much you were loved.

I'm new to crime, sleuthing and all the things that go with it. I have a lot to learn.

From a "I wanted her to be alive, seeking treatment and getting better", I'm heartbroken. I'm not saying I thought this lately, but in my little alternate reality, yk?

I have been thinking about her constantly for the last couple days. Talking about her, searching for info, reading and posting here.

I've come to care for her for so many reasons. :please:
The reality never gets easier. When you invest your time in trying to figure out these cases... you end up investing your heart. Our efforts may not be recognized, but I don't think it is why any of us do it. We want to feel we are doing something instead of like so many do when they see it on the news which is nothing. Nothing ever changed anything, but something could.

I can see the fence is pushed down, but not where that stretch of down fence is in relation to where her car was....does anyone know when it was pushed down?

Sorry for being a pest...I followed the case but never this aspect--seemed everyone, including MSM and online forums were obsessing over tweets.

Thanks to the photographer.
Looking at the photo, it appears it had been that way for awhile. I see what appears to be a limb or part of a small tree hanging over the top, but doesn't look broken. Her car was very close to that area and the reason the photographer was there. ;) (Bravo to the photographer again!)

How long before we get news about the cause of death........ anyone have an idea?

Thanks.

Teleka's case has been like no other because we had access to her innermost thoughts and to some extent we got to know her. Even though she didnt mean too, she left behind a treasure with her tweets. It has helped so much to understand the suffering and conflict she was going through. I hope her tweets aren't washed away but used as her legacy to teach people and help them understand mental illness and how it affects someone. Also to encourage if you suspect someone is suffering to try to talk them in to getting help. She knew she had a problem and was afraid to get help because it would ruin her career. The discovery of her tweets could be used in so many ways to change people's lives.

This was not the news I had hoped for, but it is the one I have thought would eventually come. I have always believed Teleka's body would be found close by when the water warmed up in the spring.

I believe Teleka's death will be accidental drowning. They saw no trauma to her body when it was retrieved.

It parallels the other case iirc that was discussed here when Teleka first went missing.

A father told the media about his own daughter that drowned. She too had abandoned her own vehicle, and her body was found in a waterway not too far from where she ditched her car. He said when his daughter was having an psychotic episode she became very delusional/frightened/paranoid, and would run. He said that he believed that is what happened to his daughter. She ran from her imaginary demons that she thought were after her, and it was dark, and she fell in the water, and drowned.

I think this is going to be along the same lines.

It is a sad ending, but I am glad that finally Teleka's family can bring her home now, and give her a proper burial.

God bless them all in their time of despair.

IMO

The reality never gets easier. When you invest your time in trying to figure out these cases... you end up investing your heart. Our efforts may not be recognized, but I don't think it is why any of us do it. We want to feel we are doing something instead of like so many do when they see it on the news which is nothing. Nothing ever changed anything, but something could.

That was beautifully put. <3 Thank you for putting it into words.

Sent from my Lite-Brite modded to run Free BSD.

Even though I knew this would be the outcome, it still hurts me deeply. I am so sad and so very sorry. I just don't know what to say.

I believe Teleka's death will be accidental drowning. They saw no trauma to her body when it was retrieved.

(Shortened for focus): Wow, I haven't read this....do you have a link? I'd like to read more

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back