Identified! MI - Eaton County, Female, Apr 2019 - Stephanie Lynette Southwell

I think the "Faded Glory" brand is sold at Wal-mart... They have a state-of-the-art supply chain...I wonder if they can track the purchase...

This is close to me. Very little information being released. No idea how long she may have been there. Not recalling any recent unsolved missing woman locally....off to scour a few websites.

Article from local paper: Police find body in 'advanced state' of decomposition in Eaton Rapids Township

A citizen discovered the badly decomposed body of a female in the area of Wilbur Highway and Spruce Road about 6:40 p.m., the Eaton County Sheriff's Office said in a news release.

BBM - Badly decomposed leads me to "assume" the remains have been there at least a month or two. We are just moving out of winter here, however we did have a couple of thaws and short periods of warmer weather since January.

I found a couple of missing females locally by scouring some missing person websites. However, none of them appear to be of a height that would also wear size 10 shoes. I'm going to wait to list any specific missing persons until additional details are released.

Reached out to Eaton County Sheriff Department. They responded that she has not yet been identified. This poor woman needs to be identified. Will continue to search for matches.

Reached out to Eaton County Sheriff Department again. I asked if she had been identified and if not, would a NamUs case would be opened? No response......sigh. I can only hope they are actively working to identify her.

Reached out again to Eaton County Sheriff Department. Still no response and still no Namus file opened....disappointing.

"The Eaton County Medical Examiner, along with Michigan State University, have identified the body as that of Stephanie Lynette Southwell, 35, of Lansing. Investigators say that Southwell was last seen in the Lansing area about a year ago."

Body found in Eaton County identified as missing woman

So glad to hear this woman has her name back....sad that her life was taken from her. I will be watching to see if they find her killer.

Eaton%20Co%20Body-full_1558541487747.jpg_88580543_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

... We've been told through from experts at Michigan State University that the remains were there since last mid-may, so she was there for a while," Sheriff Reich said. ...

Deputies seeking public help to lead to Eaton County homicide arrest

RIP Stephanie!

I have performed multiple on-line searches for new articles that would indicate that her killer was caught and tried.....found nothing. I hope some day she gets the justice she deserves.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher
Back