MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 *car found in 2020* #2

10926457_423153954508086_2959397628857004036_n.jpg

Photo from: https://www.facebook.com/FindEricFranks/timeline
Find Eric Lee Franks

Photo for the new thread and the 4 year mark.

10926457_423153954508086_2959397628857004036_n.jpg

Photo from: https://www.facebook.com/FindEricFranks/timeline
Find Eric Lee Franks

Photo for the new thread and the 4 year mark.

Someone replied to Kathy Sue Wilcox's thread with an article (below) that said there is a silent observer reward fund. I wondered how Eric's mom could get one for Eric.

Was telling Eric's mom that we need to figure out if that Crime Stoppers number is valid as I'm not seeing any record of it except for us. I believe I added it to the FB page from the LostNMissing flier.

CRIME STOPPERS TIP LINE 1-800-SPEAK-UP (773-2587) The Crime Stoppers Alliance tip line has been operational since December 16, 1999. The program has helped to solve numerous crimes in our communities and has improved the quality of life for our citizens

Effort to find missing Otsego woman seeks help with flier
She’s seeking to let people know that a fund has been established through Silent Observer that would collect donations to be used as a reward for information that lead to finding her sister. Wilcox disappeared from their home in Otsego in 1972. In 2011, an Otsego native, Shannon Froeber, revived interest in the missing person after first learning about it and finding information online. Froeber created the Facebook page with Ortegel’s permission.

“The main thing I’ve published on Facebook and the avenues I have is not everybody will be called to contribute to this,” Ortegel said. “I’m asking them to prayerfully consider to share the flyer and promote awareness of Kathy and of the Silent Observer fund.”

Find Eric Lee Franks
Posted by Jo Ann Adams Franks · Yesterday at 6:23pm · Edited ·
Thoughts from Eric's mom: Today as I was driving through town, I saw a young man walking on the sidewalk. He had a resemblance to Eric. I took a second and third look. It was not Eric and I did not expect it to be my son. He was shorter, he was younger...it was not my son. It has been a while since I had that sort of experience. When Eric first was known to be missing, I had that kind of thing happen fairly often. It is something families of missing persons will understand.

I have not seen my son since Oct 25, 2010. He left that day for Saginaw, MI to meet the daughter he had just recently learned about. The last time I talked to Eric by phone was on March 10, 2011. He called to let me know he planned to move out of Miller's Motel and into a house. I never talked with him again. I did get emails that I thought were from him. Now, I do not believe they were. I got the last email from him the day after he was reported missing. The fact we had reported him missing was posted on a Facebook page that he created to talk to 8 friends, one of which lived in Saginaw. That email contained a phone # to call , but the phone had never been set up to be used. It was obviously an email designed to make me believe he was alive.

The person in Saginaw who has told our family and the police that she saw and talked to Eric on the day he disappeared was Kendra Firmingham Carnes, the mother of Eric's child. Her account of that day varies, but we have used her account to the MI police as the day Eric vanished . That date is March 21, 2011.

If you know anything that will help us find my son, Eric, please call in your information to Det/Sgt Gary Thomas with the Michigan State Police at (989) 495 - 5560. Or call the anonymous tip line with the MI State Police at (989) 495-5557. Or contact me personally through this community page designed to find Eric. I appreciate any help anyone can be. A witness recently went to the police with his account of a threat on Eric's life shortly before he disappeared. PLEASE , if you know anything at all about Eric's disappearance or just anything about his short time in Saginaw before he vanished, let someone know.
https://www.facebook.com/FindEricFranks

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR ERIC'S PHOTO AND INFORMATION ABOUT HIS DISAPPEARANCE!!
https://www.facebook.com/FindEricFr...41828.302994859857330/373248849498597/?type=1

Bart Dexter, the coordinator with Crimestoppers in Saginaw, Michigan said he did a story on Eric offering a $1,000 reward. They got a couple of tips that did not prove to be anything important. Mr Dexter originally told me that he would send a copy of the spot about Eric to the police and they would send it to me. I didn't get a copy, so I called several times about it. It seemed he didn't remember telling me I could have a copy and eventually I gave up on getting one. The office # is (989) 759-1262. He also gave his cell # to me. He was nice and we appreciated his efforts.

Where is Eric? It's time to come forward with the truth!

Missing Persons Day 2015 will be on Saturday, May 16th this year from 1 - 5 p.m. at the GM Renaissance Center in Detroit , Michigan. Families of missing persons will have a discussion from 9 - 11:30 that morning. My daughter and I plan to attend. We want to keep Eric's face and information in the public eye as much as possible. I will be glad to see some of the people I met during previous Missing Persons Days and hopefully meet for the first time, some advocates for the missing that faithfully share Eric's information . Some of you have been so much help in doing research and giving support with encouraging words . I feel like I know some of you personally though we have never met and in some way, I do ! It is strange how a cyber hug can actually be felt !!!

Note to those involved with the disappearance of my son: You really should go to the police and talk now . Our family will not give up ! Eric's friends will not give up ! Our internet army of friends will not give up ! The police have not given up and there are things happening that you aren't aware of ! How you can even sleep at night knowing what you know and keeping it a secret is unimaginable to good people !!

To Eric's mom... did you ever get any of the property his daughters mother took from his hotel room? If not, what did she do with it? Hoping justice is served soon!

We are waiting on a reply from Sgt/Det Gary Thomas concerning questions we have after the eye witness was interview on CH 12 in Saginaw. Also, we are waiting on permission to be given to do another search on the property in Saginaw where our family believes Eric was killed. Before moving out of the house, kilz was put on the walls , the carpet was ripped out and disposed of and a vacuum cleaner used in clean up became a point of interest to everyone, including the man who threatened to shoot Eric. Also, my daughter and I hopefully will meet with a government official to talk about Eric's case and get some advice.

To Eric's mom... did you ever get any of the property his daughters mother took from his hotel room? If not, what did she do with it? Hoping justice is served soon!

No, we did not ever get anything of Eric's. Thanks for your kind comment. She told the police that Eric was with her and that she was just helping him get his things and put them in his car. Of course, she had told a completely different story to me and one of my sisters prior to this story to the MI police. She had also verified that story to the OH police, so it is in their records that she last saw Eric in April. I don't know what she did with Eric's things, but I believe she took them to her Airport Rd house. The police said she had Eric's phone and was using it after he vanished. By the way, the last person to see and talk to Eric in Saginaw, that we know of, is Kendra Firmingham Carnes.

We are hoping to have a meeting with one of our state senators to get advice on which counterpart in MI could help us . The last person to see and and talk to Eric in Saginaw is Kendra Firmingham Carnes, as far as anyone knows and according to her story to our family and to the police, even though those stories are conflicting. She needs to be interrogated about her 3 conflicting stories. Her conflicting stories were known by the police before she moved to FL. She should have been interrogated about these stories before her move !Her husband was seen and heard threatening Eric's life shortly before he disappeared. He needs to be interrogated about that !

My child's life matters ! What is wrong with our society that people can lie to the police and not even be questioned about it when it involves a missing person !

There is an eye witness, with nothing to gain, that says the last person to see Eric is lying about Eric being with her when she cleared out his room. There is an eye witness, with nothing to gain, that this woman's husband threatened to shoot my son shortly before my son disappeared. What in this world is going on that he has not been interrogated about this threat? Then, of course, there are the conflicting stories told by Kendra to our family and to Eric's friend in AZ. Something is wrong with this picture and our family intends to find out what!!!!

Keep at it, Eric's Mom. I know this is exhausting and emotionally draining. Bless you for being strong and carrying through with whatever it takes to get at the truth.

:hug:

YDER > NEWSROOM > PROCLAMATIONS
May, 2015: Missing Persons Awareness Month

WHEREAS, nationally, it is estimated there are as many as 100,000 active missing persons cases; in Michigan, there over 4,800 people currently reported missing to law enforcement, including over 3,000 children; and,

WHEREAS, few circumstances are more devastating to a family than the unknown whereabouts of a loved one; and,

WHEREAS, missing persons cases affect persons of every age, race, religion, social and cultural background; and,

WHEREAS, in the blink of an eye a family’s dynamic can change drastically when they are instantly thrust into a chaos they are usually not equipped to handle; and,

WHEREAS, due in large part to the sheer volume of cases, missing persons investigations challenge law enforcement resources; and,

WHEREAS, many of the people who go missing in the United States are victims of homicide; and,

WHEREAS, in some cases, the investigation into a missing person begins when human remains are found; and,

WHEREAS, Missing Persons Awareness Month provides the families held victim by a loved one’s disappearance a chance to be recognized and an important opportunity for citizens to learn more about missing persons and to show support for the numerous organizations and individuals providing advocacy efforts, services and assistance to bring missing persons home;

NOW, THEREFORE, I, Rick Snyder, governor of Michigan, do hereby proclaim May 2015 as Missing Persons Awareness Month in Michigan.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back