MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 *car found in 2020* #2

Great video of Eric's mom Jo, Aundria's mom Cathy & Chelsey Brucks mom at Missing In Michigan 2015
Event in Detroit Honors, Remembers the Missing in Michigan - Published on May 20, 2015

Family, friends and police gathered at the Renaissance Center in Detroit to honor those who have gone missing. We spoke to Michigan State Police, as well as the mothers of Chelsea Bruck, Eric Franks and Aundria Bowman.

Great video of Eric's mom Jo, Aundria's mom Cathy & Chelsey Brucks mom at Missing In Michigan 2015
Event in Detroit Honors, Remembers the Missing in Michigan - Published on May 20, 2015

Family, friends and police gathered at the Renaissance Center in Detroit to honor those who have gone missing. We spoke to Michigan State Police, as well as the mothers of Chelsea Bruck, Eric Franks and Aundria Bowman.

Thank you you for posting this, Roselvr! Eric's Mom, you are a very strong lady. I am glad you took the time to attend and speak for Eric. I have also been very involved with the search for Chelsea Bruck, being from my area. You all deserve our support, and the answers you seek.

Thanks for your kind comments, Spellbound! I try to take every opportunity given to speak about Eric. I have been asked to do another interview this summer in Memphis and hope to be able to do that.

I have followed up on two tips this week. One was from a woman in GA who saw someone who looked so much like Eric that she said she got chills and had to let me know, which I appreciated so much even though I did not believe it would be Eric. She was nice enough to send a flier to the restaurant where she saw this man. She sent the info to me to call them and I did. The woman I talked to checked her records and called me back. She said it was not Eric , but that the man who worked there did indeed resemble Eric. We compared notes and it was not Eric.

Then, a woman who works for a PI sent a picture of a clay image of what a skull found might have looked like in life. She sent a side by side of the clay image and Eric. I did not see a resemblance, except a little of the last selfie Eric took in MI. He was sort of frowning and the clay image was created with a frown. Normally, Eric did not have a frown on his face. The features were just not Eric. I sent the info to Det/Sgt Sarah Krebs since she works with NamUs. The skull found has DNA done on it and has a NamUs #. I knew I would have been notified if the skull's DNA matched Eric's, but still I have to be sure. Some of the families of missing at the MIM event shared how their loved one was actually found and was lying in a morgue for a while before the family was notified. I mean a good while, not just days. They were advising families to go check out the morgues themselves and not wait on anyone else to notify us. I believe Eric was murdered in MI and his body was left in MI, but I will check out every lead that I can.

I think it is interesting that I got a call back from the detective that I called in CO about the body found a couple of weeks ago. I was assured by the detective that it was not Eric. I knew most of the description of the body did not fit my child's description, but I had to call because of some similarities. The detective took time to talk to me, ask questions, and said he had to return my call so I would not be left hanging. Then the lady at the restaurant in GA called me back taking time to talk to me and discuss Eric's case. Then my sister, Deb, called FL recently about something to do with a possible scam and her call also was returned quickly. I just find that interesting since it has been about two months as we wait on the lead detective in Eric's case to get back with our family spokesperson in answer to her email. We are not going away! We will keep on doing whatever we can to find Eric !

Eric's Mom, your stamina amazes me. I suppose if I were in your situation I would be doing as much as possible, too .... but it is beyond me how anyone can keep up this intense work without collapsing into a ball of exhaustion. It must be the love you shared that keeps you going.

Every day I think of you and your son, and hope your answers will come soon. But no matter how long it takes, I will be beside you, and sending hope and prayers.

I hope you are also taking time to treat yourself kindly, and gently. :hug:

Thanks for your kind comments, Spellbound! I try to take every opportunity given to speak about Eric. I have been asked to do another interview this summer in Memphis and hope to be able to do that.

I have followed up on two tips this week. One was from a woman in GA who saw someone who looked so much like Eric that she said she got chills and had to let me know, which I appreciated so much even though I did not believe it would be Eric. She was nice enough to send a flier to the restaurant where she saw this man. She sent the info to me to call them and I did. The woman I talked to checked her records and called me back. She said it was not Eric , but that the man who worked there did indeed resemble Eric. We compared notes and it was not Eric.

Then, a woman who works for a PI sent a picture of a clay image of what a skull found might have looked like in life. She sent a side by side of the clay image and Eric. I did not see a resemblance, except a little of the last selfie Eric took in MI. He was sort of frowning and the clay image was created with a frown. Normally, Eric did not have a frown on his face. The features were just not Eric. I sent the info to Det/Sgt Sarah Krebs since she works with NamUs. The skull found has DNA done on it and has a NamUs #. I knew I would have been notified if the skull's DNA matched Eric's, but still I have to be sure. Some of the families of missing at the MIM event shared how their loved one was actually found and was lying in a morgue for a while before the family was notified. I mean a good while, not just days. They were advising families to go check out the morgues themselves and not wait on anyone else to notify us. I believe Eric was murdered in MI and his body was left in MI, but I will check out every lead that I can.

I think it is interesting that I got a call back from the detective that I called in CO about the body found a couple of weeks ago. I was assured by the detective that it was not Eric. I knew most of the description of the body did not fit my child's description, but I had to call because of some similarities. The detective took time to talk to me, ask questions, and said he had to return my call so I would not be left hanging. Then the lady at the restaurant in GA called me back taking time to talk to me and discuss Eric's case. Then my sister, Deb, called FL recently about something to do with a possible scam and her call also was returned quickly. I just find that interesting since it has been about two months as we wait on the lead detective in Eric's case to get back with our family spokesperson in answer to her email. We are not going away! We will keep on doing whatever we can to find Eric !

With NamUs; the MP DNA may not be where the UP DNA is; always good to call to get a ruleout

Eric's Mom, your stamina amazes me. I suppose if I were in your situation I would be doing as much as possible, too .... but it is beyond me how anyone can keep up this intense work without collapsing into a ball of exhaustion. It must be the love you shared that keeps you going.

Every day I think of you and your son, and hope your answers will come soon. But no matter how long it takes, I will be beside you, and sending hope and prayers.

I hope you are also taking time to treat yourself kindly, and gently. :hug:

Spellbound, I would love more kind and gentle days than I seem to have. I enjoy time with my sweet daughter and I love when my grandsons come over to "play" with Nana ! I hope to take a trip with my sisters this summer. I have my "down" days and my "crying days", but I can't stop doing whatever I can to search for the truth about what happened to Eric and to find where he is. He's my child. A friend said recently that she couldn't read such depressing posts on FB all the time. It helps to share the missing information of others. I feel their pain. It can get to me, but then it also can bring some kind of comfort when talking with others who have missing loved ones.

For instance, it was sad, but so good at the same time that the body of Daniel Trask was found about a week ago. His mom, Maureen, and I are FB friends and have talked in private. She said she was feeling peace. I understand she has searched for her missing son for around 4 years and he is finally going home to be laid to rest. I hope if indeed Eric is dead as we believe, that his body will be found and he can be laid to rest next to the headstone for his dad and I in MS. I have mourned his death for so long now, but until his body is found, I can't feel any measure of peace about his disappearance.

As I write this, I want to scream at Kendra and demand answers that result in one true version of the last time she was with Eric and what really happened to my child !!!!

Simlyme, I have shared James Chambers missing information, but I don't recall seeing his FB page and I had not "liked" his page before. I did today. I also private messaged his mom. Thanks for the tip. Eric was born not far from Fayetteville.

Simlyme: I did private message James Chambers' mom and we talked. She was nice and said for me to feel free to talk to her anytime. Thanks for suggesting that we talk.

It is good to know you are having some good moments, despite the inner anxiety over Eric's loss. I agree, talking with others who have been or are going through much the same circumstance has to be very helpful. No one can understand quite as well as those who walk in your shoes. But we do try, and we are always going to be here for you.

Just to know what happened to Eric would bring some small measure of acceptance, I suppose. It is the "not knowing" that causes the most stress. How do you find any semblance of peace without knowing what happened to him, if there is even a small possibility he may be alive somewhere, or where is his body? I know this is only the tip of the iceberg, so to speak, when it comes to the questions you just be carrying.

Hugs to your grandbabies, they have a wonderful Nana. And do take that trip with your sister. It will be a rewarding time. Keep your heart open for small signs that your Eric is "around you.".

Be well, friend. I am proud to be here with you, as always.

https://www.facebook.com/PrettyPastaCompany?fref=nf

THANKS SO MUCH TO SHAWN LAURSEN AND THE PRETTY PASTA COMPANY FOR CHOOSING ERIC AS THE MISSING PERSON TO LAUNCH THEIR NEW LINE OF PASTA 'FIND THE MISSING' BRAND. I APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH !!!
Pretty Pasta Company
888- 406- 2127
Or email us: orders@ prettypasta com.

FIND THE MISSING Brand pasta officially launches today, June 1st, 2015.
Every order made by Pretty Pasta Company will include noodles with photographs and information regarding someone who is missing from around the country.
Eric Lee Franks is the first missing person to be included in our program.
Please read and share his story here: www.WhereIsEricFranks.com

https://www.facebook.com/PrettyPastaCompany?fref=nf

THANKS SO MUCH TO SHAWN LAURSEN AND THE PRETTY PASTA COMPANY FOR CHOOSING ERIC AS THE MISSING PERSON TO LAUNCH THEIR NEW LINE OF PASTA 'FIND THE MISSING' BRAND. I APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH !!!
Pretty Pasta Company
888- 406- 2127
Or email us: orders@ prettypasta com.

FIND THE MISSING Brand pasta officially launches today, June 1st, 2015.
Every order made by Pretty Pasta Company will include noodles with photographs and information regarding someone who is missing from around the country.
Eric Lee Franks is the first missing person to be included in our program.
Please read and share his story here: www.WhereIsEricFranks.com

Wow! That is a great site. I am glad for their help, both the website and the Pasta Company!

I have been on a 3 week vacation visiting with my sisters and other relatives and friends. My daughter advised me to take the time away from a computer, which I did. I have lots of catching up to do.

While I was away, my daughter received an email from the lead detective in Eric's case, Det Gary Thomas, stating he had been reassigned and will no longer be in charge of Eric's case. He said he will not be in the Detective Bureau at that post any longer. He gave us the name of the detective to contact at this point. Also, Eric's file is being examined by Det Thomas' superior, Lt Teddy, to see if something might have been overlooked. I think much has been overlooked ! So, we are hopeful that new eyes will be a good thing. I will let keep you informed as we know more. We will NEVER give up our search for truth and for our Eric !!!!

It was good that you were able to take time away. I hope it was peaceful and relaxing, and still a bit of fun. Good for you.

Thank you for the update. It must be hard to keep "starting over," but I agree that new eyes may find something else that helps to move forward. What a hard task you are pursuing. Your strength and love are admiral, Eric's Mom. It keeps us going, too. Sending hugs and support your way.

Bumping for eric and his lovely family!

It was good that you were able to take time away. I hope it was peaceful and relaxing, and still a bit of fun. Good for you.

Thank you for the update. It must be hard to keep "starting over," but I agree that new eyes may find something else that helps to move forward. What a hard task you are pursuing. Your strength and love are admiral, Eric's Mom. It keeps us going, too. Sending hugs and support your way.
We have been informed there are other changes in the police investigative department other than the lead detective change. It sounds good for Eric's case. I will post more later after we talk to the new lead detective. I will say that we were told that we have been assured that the treatment of Eric's case and our interaction with the investigators will improve.

Sounds like they may be good changes. Hope things start moving even better now.

Sounds like they may be good changes. Hope things start moving even better now.

I will keep this thread updated as I know anything new about what is happening with the new lead detective, Det/Sgt Hillary House. Our family was told she has some ideas to help in Eric's case, so we are anxious to speak with her about those ideas. We were told to give her about a week or so to get adjusted and take care of two other murder cases that were laid on her desk during this transition. The detective who is now her superior, Det Patrick Darrow, is going to make himself familiar with Eric's file as he said he knew little about the case. He said Det/Sgt House knew a lot about it.

We will not stop in our search for truth and justice for Eric. It is beyond my understanding that the people who lured Eric to Michigan and obviously know exactly what happened to him, are being allowed to go unquestioned about what the police know. The eye witness to a threat to put a bullet in Eric's head says he is also frustrated because no one has called him back since he went to the police and ID'd the man who made the threat. The police said he is a credible witness and they have not had time to talk to the man who made the threat. That was months ago .

I believe with the MI State Police promising to take another look at MI cold cases, Eric's case is going to get more attention. I still have the message on my answering machine where Det Sean Waterman from the Buena Vista Township called me saying he needed a week to look at Eric's case and he couldn't get a week. He said everytime he tried to look at Eric's case, a "local" case came up. That was about 3 years ago. Last week we were assured that things were going to be different, yet, we were still told that Saginaw is a high crime area and bodies in the street have to take precedence. I understand, but when do the cases where the bodies were hidden get the attention they deserve? If the missing and murdered were the families of investigators, I believe the investigations would be priority. I hope they never have to go through the daily struggles and stress that so many of us with missing loved ones do.

MissJ, is there any way we can help move the investigation along? Would it help to write letters to the department asking for their assistance, or anything else? I sure hope the new team does a better job. I am at a loss as to why they are not more interested in the former girlfriend and her partner. At least a new talk with them seems warranted.

I am always grateful for your updates keeping us up to date on this.

(((hugs)))

Thinking of all of you! Hoping that this change finds the answers!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back