MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 *car found in 2020* #2

MissJ, is there any way we can help move the investigation along? Would it help to write letters to the department asking for their assistance, or anything else? I sure hope the new team does a better job. I am at a loss as to why they are not more interested in the former girlfriend and her partner. At least a new talk with them seems warranted.

I am always grateful for your updates keeping us up to date on this.

(((hugs)))
Thanks so much, Spellbound. I think it could help if those people who are trying to help find truth and justice for Eric, called the MI State Police and ask why the man who threatened to put a bullet in Eric's head is walking free in FL and has not been brought in for questioning about what the eye witness heard and saw.

The police believe Eric was murdered according to what they tell our family. They know enough that something more should be happening !!

We still haven't heard back from the lead detective or her superior, so we have plans to contact them again in a few days. We are trying to give Det House the time she needs to take over her new responsibilities.

Believe me, I don't understand why the police haven't done more questioning. I know the last detective in charge said he was afraid of being sued if he just mentioned the name of the last person to say she was with Eric in Saginaw !! To me, that is ridiculous!! Kendra Firmingham Carnes is the last person to be with my son in Saginaw, as far as anyone knows, according to what she herself told our family and the police !! She just has various stories about when and where that was and what was going on at the time !! Her stories changed according to whom she was talking to and what she needed to say to make herself look guiltless !

The ages don't seem likely for that to be the same family, Joe Friday. However, I stumbled upon a Woman with the name of Kendra Frimingham, "husband John Carnes", daughters 18 year old Emily and a 14 year old; living in Daytona Beach. Another that may be unlikely, but they ar worth sharing with Eric's mom.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gressive-breast-cancer-just-THREE-months.html

I ran across the same Kendra Firmingham in FL also. According to the article I seen both Kendra and her daughter have breast cancer. There is a picture of Kendra with her daughter so Eric's mom might recognize her if it is the Kendra in question.

Link to article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gressive-breast-cancer-just-THREE-months.html

I ran across the same Kendra Firmingham in FL also. According to the article I seen both Kendra and her daughter have breast cancer. There is a picture of Kendra with her daughter so Eric's mom might recognize her if it is the Kendra in question.

Link to article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gressive-breast-cancer-just-THREE-months.html

If I remember correctly (I think further back in this thread) that is a scam. They did not have breast cancer.
I could be wrong, at the moment too lazy to go back but pretty sure it is in thread 1 for Eric.

If I remember correctly (I think further back in this thread) that is a scam. They did not have breast cancer.
I could be wrong, at the moment too lazy to go back but pretty sure it is in thread 1 for Eric.

A scam?! Maybe Eric's Mom can confirm that? I would go back and try to find it, but I just don't have time this morning ... ..... What a scheming family this may be. Have police in Eric's case known this, and still barely follow up on a connection to Eric's disappearance? I wish Erc had never met any of them.

ETA:
post #1399 in the first thread mentions that the daughter had supposedly been having a lot of illnesses. I did not find anything rest sated this was all truly a scam (we're some posts possibly deleted about it?), but it did appear not to be true. I was not able to go through the entire first thread.

If they made up medical scam(s), and thought Eric was getting an inheritance, I can imagine they just used him to get to his money. Maybe the daughter is not even Eric's?

Thanks Roselvr. I am sorry about the young daughter --- is she Eric's daughter, or is the younger one?

The one with cancer is Eric's daughter. She must have gotten a double whammy of bad genes

A scam?! Maybe Eric's Mom can confirm that? I would go back and try to find it, but I just don't have time this morning ... ..... What a scheming family this may be. Have police in Eric's case known this, and still barely follow up on a connection to Eric's disappearance? I wish Erc had never met any of them.

ETA:
post #1399 in the first thread mentions that the daughter had supposedly been having a lot of illnesses. I did not find anything rest sated this was all truly a scam (we're some posts possibly deleted about it?), but it did appear not to be true. I was not able to go through the entire first thread.

If they made up medical scam(s), and thought Eric was getting an inheritance, I can imagine they just used him to get to his money. Maybe the daughter is not even Eric's?

There is no scam with Eric's daughter having breast cancer. She was interviewed while getting chemo/ treatment.

The one with cancer is Eric's daughter. She must have gotten a double whammy of bad genes

There is no scam with Eric's daughter having breast cancer. She was interviewed while getting chemo/ treatment.

Thanks again, Roselvr. I am sorry that this is true. Such a young age.
Do you know if the mother also has breast cancer?

ETA:

I went back and found it too.
I guess my memory is failing.
Or maybe I just got the implication that the MOM (former GF, person of interest) was the one who was claiming to have it and didn't... That's in my own mind, no posts alluding to that.
So sorry all if I confused the subject.

As for the conversation about the cancer, it did appear to be true. I did talk to both women about the cancer and I think, sadly, that they both did have cancer. I can't prove it or disprove it, but I do believe it is true. According to the news interview with both women, due to Eric's former girlfriend's adoption, the ancestry wasn't known and it is a cancer that likely was in the family genes. If true, it is sad, but hopefully the treatments worked.

Thank you for the confirmation, Eric's Mom. I am very sorry for the daughter to go through this at such a young age and hope she does well with treatment.

Those are some nice pictures of Eric on the poster at your link. A nice looking young man, for sure.

Just a note to say: Take the time every day to show your family and friends just how much you love them and how very special they are to you. I never thought I would be searching faces of persons found deceased for my own son. Thousands are doing the same thing and they never thought it would be their task either. Our lives can change in a heartbeat. Hug a little tighter!

Today I received a call back from Lt Bob Grant with the Brownstown Police Dept in the Detroit area. I had seen a clay reconstruction of a man whose body had been found and I saw a slight resemblance to my son, Eric, in the man's nose and lips. As Eric's mom, I didn't think it was him, but as some others who are advocates for the missing also saw a resemblance, I had to check it out. I was given reason to know it is not my son. It is, however, someone's family member and he has not been identified or claimed in days.

This is just one of the times I have checked with police about a body found and unidentified that someone thought resembled Eric. One case had an actual picture of the person when he was alive, not a clay reconstruction or a drawing , obviously found in the belongings of the unidentified deceased. I could see Eric in the face more than with any other case I had asked about, but the face was partially covered with hair and he was looking down. I called the police and was assured why it was not my son.

Sometimes the person I ask about is not deceased, but someone saw a man working or on a bus that they felt sure was Eric. They had seen his missing fliers and hoped they had found him. I always check it out. Once it was a man who had been found and he did not know who he was. There are likely many missing who are living in homeless situations.

One couple told me they stayed up all night researching another case they thought might be Eric. These are social media friends that I might never meet in person. I appreciate people like that so much ! Thanks to my family and friends, Eric's close friends, and my "cyber buddies" that daily help spread Eric's face and story in hopes to find answers and find him. Many of these people are also searching for their own missing loved one. One is searching for her 3 missing sons. Some of them have found their missing loved one and the outcome was not a good one, yet they continue to help others with their search. They understand. We help each other. Some of you never had a loved one missing, but you understand the pain of having lost a loved one to death. Hugs to you all !! Just know I love and appreciate you all !!

Thank you for the confirmation, Eric's Mom. I am very sorry for the daughter to go through this at such a young age and hope she does well with treatment.

Those are some nice pictures of Eric on the poster at your link. A nice looking young man, for sure.

Thanks so much. Eric was a cute baby, little boy, teen and young adult. I wish I would be able to say later on that he was a good looking older man, but I don't think he survived the ordeal in Saginaw. I, of course, would love to find out that somehow he is alive, but that is highly unlikely. Everything points to his death in Saginaw. I was reading tonight about a woman missing in N.C. whose social media contacts all stopped abruptly the day she disappeared. The same thing happened to Eric. The woman's family felt that one thing was a big factor in their belief that something terrible happened to her. It is also a huge factor in our belief that Eric was murdered. Also, of course, he had a threat on his life shortly before he vanished.

Your post was very well written and so right. So many missing, and so many families in limbo, not being able to confirm if their loved one is alive or not. I cannot imagine the thoughts you must have sometimes. The "not knowing" is the hardest part of this now. I hope and pray that you will know where Eric is, and am constantly paying attention now, hoping to see a loved one I know about.

I wish we could ease your pain, but do hope having us along for the time being is a help. Nothing can replace your son, but I know he has touched so many from all these different areas and had brought us new friendships --- they came because of him and your love and endurance.

Eric would be so proud of you, and I hope he feels your love. You have had more than any mother should go through. Sending love, comfort, and continuing support your way.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back